It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Virginia Car "Explosion" Is there a LINK?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Virginia Car "Explosion" as opposed to fire.

www.wibw.com

Virginia Car Explosion
Federal investigators joined police and fire officials in an effort to examine why the trunk of a white BMW exploded into flames Tuesday morning.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Why have we not heard very much about the "EXPLOSION" aspect of the incident? Apparantly the cars trunk exploded from the inside. This is being investigated by officials from the Federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives joined the investigation,

Why would there be two similar car explosions in as many days? Was the second one "designed" as a ruse?

--> "The explosion occurred on the street in a residential neighborhood at about 8 a.m. in Arlington, Virginia. It prompted authorities to send a bomb-detecting robot to check the car for other signs of explosives, said Arlington County Fire Department spokesman Lt. Ed Hughes."

Several pictures of Turton car here and damage to garage --> messageboards.aol.com... dden=false

www.wibw.com
(visit the link for the full news article
edit on 16-1-2011 by Vitruvian because: added picture info Link

edit on 16-1-2011 by Vitruvian because:
edit on 16-1-2011 by Vitruvian because: spell check
extra DIV

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Link

Mrs Turton had served as chief of staff to veteran Democratic legislator Rosa DeLauro before moving on to her current position as Washington-based lobbyist for utility giant Progress Energy.

Power couple: The mother-of-three is the wife of Dan Turton, the White House's deputy director of legislative affairs - he works closely with President Obama.

This one directly involves the White House. Interesting.

Did the other one, as well?

edit on 16-1-2011 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitruvian

The "why" is not so important as the "who." Who was the owner/victim of this explosion? The article said police have refused to identify the victim, but surely any reporter could identify the victim by address and license plate number. Why are they not reporting on it? If this has another political, lobbyist, or major governmental contract affiliation, then it is an obvious organized effort.

The press needs to do a better job of reporting these things.

Are there any photos or an address listed anywhere?

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
nm
edit on 16-1-2011 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

The "why" is not so important as the "who." Who was the owner/victim of this explosion? The article said police have refused to identify the victim, but surely any reporter could identify the victim by address and license plate number. Why are they not reporting on it? If this has another political, lobbyist, or major governmental contract affiliation, then it is an obvious organized effort.The press needs to do a better job of reporting these things.
Are there any photos or an address listed anywhere?

Here's the address (The incident occurred on the 2100 block of S. 9th Street. ) and a photo of the second explosion and I posted the article with the address of the second hit a few minutes ago. Story INFO here --> www.fairfaxunderground.com...,482339,482438,quote=1

edit on 16-1-2011 by Vitruvian because: spell

edit on 16-1-2011 by Vitruvian because: added info

edit on 16-1-2011 by Vitruvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

Yes, Turton was the first one, the current article doesn't list a victim or owner yet.

There have been many other interesting political murders over the past month as well.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Yeah, I know. When the White House said it is time to clean house, they mean it, I guess.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

I see the address now, thanks!. Nice pic, that was a major explosion, it would have definitely killed someone had they been in the car. Premature explosion? They are still calling the Turton one a "crash incident" and fire. That is pure fiction, there is no way bumping a garage door creates a flash fire that is impossible to escape. That one is surely a coverup, now this newest one will probably be called a prank, or an electrical malfunction.

Someone or some group is knocking off key political players.
edit on 16-1-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

I see the address now, thanks!. Nice pic, that was a major explosion, it would have definitely killed someone had they been in the car. Premature explosion? They are still calling the Turton one a "crash incident" and fire. That is pure fiction, there is no way bumping a garage door creates a flash fire that is impossible to escape. That one is surely a coverup, now this newest one will probably be called a prank, or an electrical malfunction.

Someone or some group is knocking off key political players.
edit on 16-1-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

I think if you read a little further down you'll see this address posted - and I also saw that address info with story of the arrest on another link in Google
Here's the address (The incident occurred on the 2100 block of S. 9th Street. ) and a photo of the second explosion and I posted the article with the address of the second hit a few minutes ago. Story INFO here --> www.fairfaxunderground.com...,482339,482438,quote=1
edit on 16-1-2011 by Vitruvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Yep, I am having to agree. The second one looks like a cover for the first one. What you could call the "real" one. The best way to not draw attention to an incident is to have more than one incident. That way it gets shoeboxed with the other incidents and filed away as a malfunction or something innocuous.

Curious to see, if it ever comes oiut, what amount of life insurance she had.
edit on 16-1-2011 by Libertygal because: speeling :]

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Libertygal

Yep, I am having to agree. The second one looks like a cover for the first one. What you could call the "real" one. The best way to not draw attention to an incident is to have more than one incident. That way it gets shoeboxed with the other incidents and filed away as a malfunction or something innocuous.

Curious to see, if it ever comes oiut, what amount of life insurance she had.
edit on 16-1-2011 by Libertygal because: speeling :]

This link shows a video of the second car - and a full story - a rather big explosion.
www.nbcwashington.com...
edit on 16-1-2011 by Vitruvian because:
edit on 16-1-2011 by Vitruvian because: spell
extra DIV

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I haven't followed this story mainly because they're gonna spoon feed their findings to us but how come no one has gone to the 'video tape'? Surely this three quarter-million home was equipped with surveillance cameras, no?

Hell, if someone walks out of a convenient store with a pack of gum, the cameras are used immediately as proof. So? What's the deal here?

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

reply to post by Libertygal

Yes, Turton was the first one, the current article doesn't list a victim or owner yet.

There have been many other interesting political murders over the past month as well.

I have lost track of all the political murders that has happen so quickly. Can we get a list up? The only ones I remember good are the AZ shooting and the man found in a land fill.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Oddly enough there has been some connections made that may indicate possible motives for the first(turton) fire.
The details can be found in a post by boondock saint.....
With the murder of mr Wheeler, and the Turton killing, this next one could well be a further attempt at clean up, or it could be also an attempt to obfuscate the turton case.
Without further deatils, we are stuck in limbo.
Perhaps its not over yet however, and there is more to come.....lets keep a close eye on the developements because the potential is there......

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

The only other one I saw was a headline:

Hill Aide found dead in car

that was posted last Monday, but it's the same story. I just didn't have time to read the link, though I remembered it.

So, the list is, aside from the Arizona shootings, this woman and the one in the dumpster. I was thinking three because I remembered that headline above. (was on Drudgereport that way)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
voices.washingtonpost.com...

UPDATE:

The trunk of an unoccupied BMW that exploded in Arlington Tuesday morning appears to accidental, Crime Scene reports.

Fire investigators are still looking into the incident, said Lt. Ed Hughes, a spokesman for the Arlington fire department. But Hughes said the explosion appears to have been caused by a tank of acetylene that had been stored in the trunk.

Just found this update, thought you may find it interesting.

top topics

join