It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muammar Gaddafi condemns Tunisia uprising

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Muammar Gaddafi condemns Tunisia uprising

www.guardian.co.uk

"Libyan leader claims protesters led astray by WikiLeaks disclosures amid reports of unrest in Libya"

The Libyan leader, Muammar Gaddafi, has condemned the uprising in neighbouring Tunisia amid reports today of unrest on the streets of Libya.

In a speech last night Gaddafi, an ally of the ousted president, Zine al-Abidine Ben Ali, said he was "pained" by the fall of the Tunisian government. He claimed protesters had been led astray by WikiLeaks disclosures...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
This could be the spark that starts the fire.

Just as the civil rights movement in western countries during the 60's, 70's and 80's turned on governments to emancipate the citizens of their nations from oppression, now it could be happening in the Arabic world.

Ghaddafi blames Wikileaks for providing information to citizens, causing them to rebel. I'd say it's a more general tone of awareness caused by the online world we now live in. All Hail the NEW MODEL ARMY that will arrive in a town near you soon!

The evidence provided in this article suggests that first Libya, then Egypt could be next. My only concern is that where Libya and Egypt are concerned, losing control of despots is not in the global powerbrokers interests. You can guarantee that the CIA and other organisations will not allow these guys to fall unless a useful puppet replacement is found.

Then there's the question - were the riots that appeared spontaneously in Tunisia funded and supported by the Economic Hitman or not? Was this a genuine uprising in the name of democracy? Was the Tunisian president ousted because he was no longer useful?

Who knows - watch Libya, watch Egypt. Watch Ghaddafi, watch Hosni Mubarrak. It could be revolution time ladies and gents!

The Revenant.

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Theres a surprise eh, a middle eastern strongman is pained by the fact one of his corrupt neighbours has been driven from power by a furious populace.

He's scared it might be him next. A bit of a worry since he was planning on building libya up on oil and tourism now that he's a member of the big petrochem club again.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by justwokeup

Indeed - If I was him I'd be worried, especially as his own people are starting to get a bit boisterous.

Gaddaffi has lots more guns, troops and tanks however - so I don't think he'll be as easy to oust as Tunisia's leader.

The Rev.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
i said this in another thread

Originally posted by Dr UAE
good for those Tunisian people , now who's next ?
hmm let me see now , maybe egypt or Jordan , I can see a domino effect right in front of my eyes.

oh and some dictators are having a diarrhea right now

and yes Gaddafi is having a diarrhea right now

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/10402dd5f955.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
The spread of real democracy is always to be welcomed, and hopefully this will be a catalyst for the region, although I'm not sure TPTB would really want this, as has been stated, so if this unrest does spread it will probably be put down in a very bloody manner and with extreme show of force.

I think this could be the start of something but only time will tell.

top topics

join