It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon, Jupiter and Orion Nebula M42.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Here are some shots from the moon, Jupiter and Orion Nebula M42.
Video & Picture was taken with the 11" Celestron Telescope the Casio Exilim for the movie and the Picture with a Sony Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX5V. So i found out you don't need a expensive dslr camera you can do it also with a pocket camera through the eyepiece
Keep in mind your camera must have a Shutter Speed of 30 seconds!

Have Fun

edit on 16-1-2011 by Bosb33r because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
beautiful - especially the Jupiter scene!

Keep em coming - more planets if possible!

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Nice... I think I'm going to get myself a telescope for my birthday next month.
I live in the country, so especially to the east, usually a really clear view.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by maybee

As soon as I finish university I will buy the same equipment.

DAMN, that's just beautiful!!

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

Thanks watchZEITGEIST
For Saturn and Venus i must go very early out of my bed
i did it 1 week ago setting up the whole equipment when done all clouds

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kemal
reply to post by maybee

As soon as I finish university I will buy the same equipment.

DAMN, that's just beautiful!!

Well, I can't afford anything really expensive. Just something for home use
Usually the best time here for viewing is in the winter, so I probably wouldn't be outside for long at a time

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by maybee

You lucky Bum!
If you need help maybee just ask!!

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Wow very nice shots, and a nice rig!

Just conversed with Google about your 11" Celestron Telescope and saw the MSRP though. Could you possibly recommend me a quality but more entry-level telescope that would be more in my price range? Maybe just some good brand names, as I'm really wanting to get into this kind of photography but still clueless as to which equipment I should be looking at.

Keep the videos coming.

TIA
edit on 16-1-2011 by susp3kt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Good stuff. Thanks for sharing.

I especially enjoyed the Orion Nebula.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Bosb33r

Ive been pricing those scopes for 6 onths for just the same reason, I wondered if I would be able to make a movie from the eyepiec and now i know, Thanks!! Excellent pics, more please!!

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Bosb33r

has jupiter tilted on it axis?? did anyone else notice that the brown "clouds" which are always horizontal were sitting vertivcally? or is it just the angle and location of the telescope?...also in the moon clip there is a black crater with a persistant white dot inside? it keeps "glimmering2 is there metals or something in those craters?

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Bosb33r

wow
. really cool!!! I'm so sad I can't afford such equipment

how much money would i have to spend for "average" aquipment?

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
nice work on jupiter...its not easy to catch planets on such quality...
you could have done a better work on M42 tought...but hey,cool vid.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by NWOnoworldorder
reply to post by Bosb33r

has jupiter tilted on it axis?? did anyone else notice that the brown "clouds" which are always horizontal were sitting vertivcally? or is it just the angle and location of the telescope?...also in the moon clip there is a black crater with a persistant white dot inside? it keeps "glimmering2 is there metals or something in those craters?

why does the axis has to be aligned with earth's? plus,since he's obviously using an EQ mount,its not going to stay alingned with the planet's axis. so no,jupiter didint "tilted on it axis".

and about the crater,there is ussually a high "mount" on the middle of the cratter,result of the impact,witch might be higher than the borders,resulting on it reflecting sun light,making it "glimmer".
edit on 16/1/2011 by jpsdasnake because: added info on that crater

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bosb33r
reply to post by maybee

You lucky Bum!
If you need help maybee just ask!!

Check Amazon and ebay . Just found one on Amazon for $89.00 U.S. including tripod.

2nd line

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by susp3kt
Wow very nice shots, and a nice rig!

Just conversed with Google about your 11" Celestron Telescope and saw the MSRP though. Could you possibly recommend me a quality but more entry-level telescope that would be more in my price range? Maybe just some good brand names, as I'm really wanting to get into this kind of photography but still clueless as to which equipment I should be looking at.

Keep the videos coming.

TIA
edit on 16-1-2011 by susp3kt because: (no reason given)

Well...if you are in to AP,id recomend a equatorial mount scope,large aperture,from Celestron or Meade,but if you are looking for something cheaper,id recommend a large apperture dobsonian.
There is an old saying between astrophotographers,"APERTURE RULES". why? with larger apperture you get more light gathering power,resulting in brighter,smoothest images,with great quality.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by maybee

the "tripod" is a altazimuthal or equatorial mount? the scope is a refractor or a reflector? is the f/ low? is the apperture large? all this factors have to be takken in acount. good luck.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Very beautiful shots, and I enjoyed the music clip as well. Hope to see more from you!

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Nice shots! Thank you for sharing. I do have an 80 mm APO refractor but I am still learning how to use it. I have also watched Jupiter through it and it is beautiful. People should watch more the skies, they are only relying on google earth or sky too much. The map is not the territory!
For anyone wanting to learn this craft, you can try the cloudynights.com forums. They are friendly with beginners. But don't try to discuss UFOs there
)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by susp3kt

Thanks susp3kt,

Brand names SkyWatcher, Celestron, Meade, Orion, Long Perng, Vixen, Guan Sheng (GSO), William Optics, Bresser. All these Telescope's are good! Only the price is what you buy, but first of all buy a second hand one, it will save you a lot $$$$ and most of the time you get some extra eyepieces.
For photography i don't know to much about that!, i like to make video's to share it with others who don't have a the money to buy a telescope.

But for video's you can use all type of telescope's.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join