It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS NOOBS, why do we bother with them......

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Ok quick rant, I know I am not by any means a old hat at ATS but the noobies are really starting to do in my man boobies. I noticed one started a thread bout how he or she had accesses to top-secret information, another has started a thread about a known hoax of UFO’s heading to the earth and how we are all doomed and another has stated another islamophobic thread. Then I found another new guy who has written something that was just so full of crap, I wanted to go get him some toilet paper. This I saw in the past half hour, and I have not even finished my daily ritual of going through all the new ATS threads.

Is it just me or is ATS starting to attract complete idiots who have no idea about anything. Really I have been reading their posts and its like they have all had their compulsory NWO frontal lobotomy making some really ridiculously ignorant statements. I think every new member on ATS should have to pass a test proving that they have a IQ of above 13.

+15 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

Are you ever going to make a thread that doesn't bash fellow members of ATS? Some may consider your post quite ironic.

ATS goes through phases it seems, and with it being in the media spotlight recently, it's no surprise that there has been a sudden influx of new members, some of whom are mere trolls. They are best ignored.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

Really I promise you unless any of you give me a reason to do so otherwise I will not bash the whole of ATS.

Also when was ATS in the media, I have been working all week so I might have missed that.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I try to ignore all of you equally.
Also,it is AN iq,not a iq.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   

You do make sweeping statements though Kevin, I've seen you do it a few times, it's not healthy.

ATS has been in the news because of Jared Lee Loughner, how have you missed that!?

Apparently the site has been given a glowing reference from most of the media who contacted the Staff, which is good news. It's just a shame we had to be associated with someone like Loughner.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Just because you Think something is a hoax/nonsense doesn't mean its time to start a thread bitching about noobs common man smarten up

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

Oh I knew about the shootings but I didn’t know he was a member of ATS and links to his profile. Thanks .

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
and to top it off I would say your a noob to mr 8-3-2010

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
ugh i could rip you apart sorry to say 9/11 was a cover up because the USA is the one place everyone thinks is full of ignorant fat people

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
not everyone is a noob, some people like me have been a lurker (for over a year) and have only recently registered to post...

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
It seems to me that the length of time somebody has been a member has no bearing on whether that person is pig-ignorant or not. I've seen a few 'old-hatters' that could benefit from a slap in the face with a wet fish!

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iam'___'
It seems to me that the length of time somebody has been a member has no bearing on whether that person is pig-ignorant or not. I've seen a few 'old-hatters' that could benefit from a slap in the face with a wet fish!

Exactly!

Thank you. I wasn't going to comment, but this is ridiculous. The point is about New members writing about topics he thinks is irrelevant, but this topic, Noobies, is front page material.

Give me a break.

If there is one way to lose credibility or status, this is it Kevin. Good luck in the future.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
your welcome to leave.

more welcome than you know.-

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
LOL, a thread about trolls, from a troll. I have read many of your comment posts. You are talking about yourself sir. LMAO, what do you think people think about you?
edit on 16-1-2011 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01
LOL, a thread about trolls, from a troll. I have read many of your comment posts. You are talking about yourself sir. LMAO, what do you think people think about you?
edit on 16-1-2011 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

From my understanding on this or every board, everyone is a troll.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
This post is ridiculous. It's like the old guy complaining about kids. The old guy was a kid once himself and the OP was a noob at one point in time as well. We're all kids once and we're all noobs once, get over it.

Being that these forums are pretty custom I would love to see the Flag feature replaced with a thumbs up/down option in the future so dumb or irrelevant topics such as this and/or repetitive noob topics can be down ranked as well as up ranked. Just saying.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Leave them be, most are lost minds trying to find a place that accepts them.

That said some need to tone their arrogance down a little, but so do i at times so i forgive em

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
ATS has always been this way. Usually a lot of the 'I have information' threads are started by people who join just for somewhere to troll. It isn't always new members, and not all new members are like this - some might have genuine information to give out. If you've been lurking at a site like this without joining, and then something happens to you that you think is something ATS may be able to help with, you're naturally going to join up and post - which is why you learn to weed out the bad from the good, because some good threads may be overlooked just because the member has only been on ATS a couple of days. I lurked years before I was prompted into joining, as did many of the established members, which you'll find out if you ask around.

It's far easier just to stop getting annoyed by them, because at the end of the day all that will happen when you do is: if we ignore them, they'll get bored and leave. If we pick a fight, someone will get banned, and it isn't always the 'noobie' as you put it that do so. We were all new once.

Deny ignorance by only replying to the things you deem worthwhile. It makes ATS a much better place for everyone.
edit on 16/1/2011 by Ayana because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Terrormaster

To be honest thats the exact mindframe we dont wont on ATS, Its not like other forums, and should not be treated as such, There is no "thumbs down" feature every post is a contribution and should be discussed as such, There is no place for oppinions and ignorance here Only worthwhile disscussion.

If you dont like a post dont Comment or flag it

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Thats not nice; in life you have to take the good with the bad just as you do in cyberspace.....

even the "noobs" ocasionally come up with something quite surprising and fascinating so I would'nt be too quick to pass judgement, some know more than they let on.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join