It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Last Excorcism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Has any one seen this yet? I saw this at the cinemas and though it started slow it was good and left me thinking. On the drive home me and my mates had different ideas on what the ending could mean.

Overall a good flick 7.5/10. Was too short IMO.

WARNING SPOILERS BELOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

We came to the conclusion that ending was also fake it was a mock sacrifice similar to what the preacher was doing with the fake exorcisms it was some wierd cult like activity but when you see him walk into the distance to supposedly combat the evil flame or what ever it was that wasnt real it was a set up, the reason why they attacked and killed his crew in the next scene was that they broke the secret and they saw her give (what appeared to be) an induced birth and most likely she was raped by the pastor maybe the cult memebers or even the brother (who attacks the others not the dad who we are led to believe at the begining as he is tied up).

Any ideas?
edit on 16-1-2011 by q_ball because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
From the word GO I wanted to see this in the cinema as I consider Eli Roth to be fantastic in this genre, but by the time I actually had a chance to see it, it was no longer showing! I was so devo! I'm trying to find out when its DVD release date is in Australia, but yeah. Clearly I didn't read your spoiler alert

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I havent seen this yet but want to, i am also looking forward to The Rite with Anthony Hopkins...

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
its not like his other films such as cabin fever which i thought was silly this is more of a serious film with no teeny horror feel to it or far fetched gore alot of the fear in it is implied and also psychological (depending on the viewer)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I really liked the movie but the ending was pretty bad

top topics

join