It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something suspicious...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Hey everybody, I have been a member of ATS for a month now. What I'm going to tell you now may not be relevant to this forum but please listen if you will. A moment ago I visited a thread entitled: 'I have experienced time travel, teleportation, and been involved with related NSA work and research'. As I skipped through the pages, this came up:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now I cannot access the thread because of that. It was on the subject of 'Gray Area' and is not on there anymore. I don't know whether this is strange or not; you make think I am crazy, but I think the government actually blocked it off. See what you guys think.
edit on 16-1-2011 by TheCardigan because: Something urgent

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
You're right, this is suspicious

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCardigan

Suspicious ?

I can't see what your getting at

...in fact your post seems to be blank

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Hmmmmmm.................very suspicous indeed....

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Not even a first line.

Cheeky sod!

-m0r

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Get it? THATS the suspicious part! Clever, very clever!

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Sorry guys, I accidentally posted this thread before I even started it :\

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
the old invisible ink post thread

...must have friends in high places that time travel

etc etc

on and on

page 404 !

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   

It was an individual who has been banned previously from ATS. He makes posts that refer back to his website (full of malware, asks for paypal donations). ATS does not like that. Thank you ATS

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by StlSteve

Well that explains it, thanks for reading anyway.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Here's a relevant thread in the boards section dealing with the same thing.

It was deleted due to a moderation decision I'm sure. There are policies and quorums in place to make sure that corruption or bias is not used to moderate beyond the best interests of ATS.

I think this is really an issue between the OP of that thread and the mods - not for general membership gossip.

-m0r

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Oh, and welcome to ATS. Did anyone ever tell you not to believe everything you read? Something to keep in mind. That being said, there are a lot a very serious, informative people on ATS. They do the research and post some very provacative threads. It's informative, enlightening and always entertaining. Have fun, looking forward to your posts!

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   

I guess the guy was a nut case known to the ATS staff. They trashed his thread. I hope they trash mine too that was a thread called A QUESTION FOR SKYFLOATING. Some things need to go to the trash bin. I trust the mods.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Problem is with that thread, he posted some websites that were proven to lead you to malware and virus websites...
I would bet dime to dollar that is the reason it was killed off. ATS don't take too kindly to that kinda stuff.

I personally sent the guy a message to restart the thread, this time don't link outside...especially to websites that house virus's, and to startit in the gray section. Hopefully if he does another thread, he will put the actual point of the thread in the first post verses have 5 pages of garbage before he even starts.

Nothing suspicious about it...just was a crappy thread and the linking to damaging websites...that would be my best guess.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Magantice
I trust the mods.

Never blindly trust mods...there are some mods on ATS here (not mentioning names) whom will nerf a thread if they personally don't like it...I have seen it happen before. Some are also super nazi when it comes to postings.

Also, if you blindly trust the mods at ATS (the authority), then your actually doing a disservice to the core philosophy of the website...deny ignorance does not mean trust authority no matter what they do...

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Well everyone, thanks for your help, I am sorry if I wasted all your time on this, next time I shall do more research into posting a thread

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCardigan
Well everyone, thanks for your help, I am sorry if I wasted all your time on this, next time I shall do more research into posting a thread

Wasted time? huh? research?

Final answer is, we don't know why it was killed as people only speculated...feel free to conspiracy it up until a offical answer is given that makes sense.

For now, we have one of two things...either it was for the malware links (which could have been snipped by a mod verses nerf the whole thread actually), or they are deciding what is and isn't worthy of reading.

Nope..keep questioning...demand answers...this is conspiracy theorist 101...don't accept a simple illogical answer...why did the kill a interesting thread verses just snip out and give a warning?

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
The redirection page is a joke compliments of the website.

Unless a mod tells you the reason for the problem with the thread, don't just believe what you read.
this happened to another thread I was looking at and in a couple days the problem was solved and the thread was back. There is a whole number of reasons it could have happened including deletion.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   

LOL. I've posted one thread, a whopping 2 flags, then fell into the black-hole of threads. Don't be discouraged, I'm not. It's a fun place.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
The other page went down now (question for skyfloating) with no answers.

I am now starting to become very curious just what is going on here...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join