It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Digital DVR is the best invention ever!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I have a digital DVR and love it. No more loud blaring commercials for me. I hated having to sit and wait for my shows to start back up after the commercials. No more feeling like a sheeple for me!

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

Tell me more. tell me more! - how does this mirical device acheive this goal for you???

I'm stuk with the shuddup button which I am very hot on. I mute the sound every time an ad come on. I've even started watching the TV without the sound on so i dont have to keep using the suddup button.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Better read around here about the shows you like disappearing from your record list.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by bussoboy

Its really cool all you have to do is record the show with this device from my cable company and satellite companys have them too and fast forward through them like a vcr used to be able to do. Its called Digital DVR.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   

right, just remember that they are watching what you watch, paying attention to when you change the channel, what you record, how many times you watch the recording, whether or not you erase it when you are done watching something, basicly everything.

and yes, if they decide they dont want you watchin something SAVED ON THE DVR, it will no longer be saved on the dvr, like jesse's prison camp show, though im sure there are others that go more unnoticed.
if they will do something once....(esp without consequence rlly)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
now that sounds creepy is there little guys in the box watchin my every move well they better be nice and like to watch the shows i like and have snacks we love.. and like to party on sat nights i promise not to water them after midnight!

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

What i do is have a server, and just watch from there, no commercials period. cannot stand watching tv like that.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

must be nice and thanks for the reply

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Remember you dont own the content. Nor will it always be there. Its copyrighted and provided and distributed by 'them'...and if they want to one day CLEAR all of your favorites...as they already are doing now...then get a secondary device and make COPIES or FILES of it so when you DVR goes ZAP...and it will....you'll still have those shows you liked.
Favorite, saved shows are disppearing all the time from DVRs from the sat., cable and dish networks. ALL THE TIME.
So dont be so giddy. Just read around here and see whats happening with the DVR files of other members. Unless you copy them elsewhere, they are still "theirs" to delete. And that is already happening. Good luck!

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

Thanks for the info i had no idea about that !

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Looks like the DVR is compromised??

I watch everything on the computer, every movie ever made, (Black Swan kicked ass) and TV shows like House and A&E's Walking Dead commercial free. Run it through my TV screen.

ATT high speed is only 20 bucks a month.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Tribble

I have DSL here but its running on half speed im at the end of the line for it they dont even charge me full price for it..Its about one small step up from dialup ..Its even hard for me to load videos so watching movies on my connection is out but i agree thats the way to go and alot cheaper!

top topics

join