It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Day Before Roswell

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Atomic bombs and saucers came from development in Germany.
Saucers from stolen Tesla technology.

The Trinity site bomb proved the US development could not have airborne
weapons being hoisted up weighing perhaps a ton.
Why Germany built atomic bombs might be a mute point as Tesla gave
them a far far better position win or lose the war.

There is no one to contact from atomic blasts.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne
Well when you realize that Tesla made gravity, concentrated gravity, and not anti gravity
in any way all the cards of natures unknowns will fall into place.
The source of gravity for the Sun and planets have more to do with shocking the space
we live in than just the mass reaction.
In any case the force accumulator of the Tesla coil antenna is apparently a mimic of
natures forces at least enough for lift to high altitudes and at attaining great speed.
And along with shocking its surrounding air into illumination and black light radiation
as well.
Nothing has changed since the early days of the Foo ships in Germany which my pet
idea was a VW Bug, the Hitler people's car, outfitted with the Tesla gravity generator
to become the peoples airship.

It's frightening to think of what if Hitler managed to make his deadly secret 'crafts', then the allies would of course had a serious problem to win WWII against Hitler. It's only good Hitler never got that far.
And as i previously said (and as the link also show as i previously provided) the Nazi's may have got the idea to try make Nazi UFOs because they knew that UFOs and aliens have been sighted and encountered since the ancient times.
And about the odd 'structures' on the Moon as NASA 'airbrushed' away from the moon-photos, we still don't know what these odd 'structures' are. Some say it is aliens who made these 'structures' on the Moon, while others say it could be the Nazis. We need a crew of astronauts and/or cosmonauts to travel to the Moon and finally find out what these 'structures' are.

And yes, secret 'crafts' are being tested at 'Area 51'. And as i previously said, reports tell that www.thewatcherfiles.com... a treaty was made with Aliens (from another starsystem of course) to let them have alien bases on Earth and abduct humans, and the humans in return learn some of the alien technology.
Some of the alien bases, links here www.ufodigest.com... phantomsandmonsters.wetpaint.com... www.bigbluetech.net... And some Soviet military divers were killed by aliens at Lake Baikal in 1982.
By the way, did you know that a huge triangle shaped UFO (the size of a baseball field) kidnapped two F-14's and the 4 pilots near Puerto Rico? www.cavinessreport.com... www.alien-ufos.com... Wow, spooky eh.

Something perhaps un acceptable for the illuminati to have lying around and thus
they promote ETs from outer space only have such ships and anything else is out
of the question.

I don't know where you have the idea of promoting ETs, but as i previously said, ET's from other starsystems have visited Earth for thousands / millions of years (a team of archaeologists are reported to have found a crashed UFO and dead alien bodies, including an abducted dinosaur, the UFO crashed about 150 million years ago), and Cliff Stone, Bob Dean and Dr. Edgar Mitchell confirm that several alien species (from other starsystems of course) are visiting Earth, and as i also previously said, tribes also confirm that an alien specie from Orion starsystem visited Earth in the ancient times as well

edit on 14-2-2011 by Anunaki10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Anunaki10

Well what can I say.
Take their word for the events or Mr Lyne and Mr Tesla as I have mentioned in text.
I assumed more than Mr. Lyne have similar versions of the events before Roswell.

One as I said is apparently Mr. Lyne selling green skin dye.
The other events would be the long history of the development of the Tesla space ships
and then the immediate need to say aliens are the owners when they are not.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
March 30 1947 - Orlando Sentinel Star (Florida) 11:00 a.m. (July 6 edition)

Lutz, Florida - Mrs. J. E. Harp, her seven-year-old daughter Sandra, and her mother Mrs. W. H. Brown saw several flying discs while driving. The discs were silvery colored and seemed to appear and disappear. They did not have time to count the number...

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Well what can I say.
Take their word for the events or Mr Lyne and Mr Tesla as I have mentioned in text.
I assumed more than Mr. Lyne have similar versions of the events before Roswell.

One as I said is apparently Mr. Lyne selling green skin dye.
The other events would be the long history of the development of the Tesla space ships
and then the immediate need to say aliens are the owners when they are not.

Your attempt to debunk alien visitation doesn't seem to work, unfortunately for you. You can try as hard you can, but it doesn't help you. I hope you're not disappointed. The aliens from other starsystems have visited Earth for millions of years. So yes, aliens are the owners of UFOs. And as i previously said, the archaeologists found a crashed UFO with dead alien bodies and abducted Dinosaur, that crashed 150 million years ago. The alien bases on Earth also prove they have been here for a long time www.youtube.com... www.youtube.com... For the second time, the alien implants are of Extraterrestrial origin! The aliens who abduct humans are from another starsystem, which the whistleblowers also revealed.

Hitler's scientists were the first to try to copy the alien flying saucers, after they recovered a crashed alien spacecraft. The Nazi's knew the aliens have visited Earth since the ancient times. So Hitler wanted to build UFOs in attempt to win WWII.
It's funny that you thought that Hitler sent Braun to the United States, considering that Germany was the enemy of the United States and the rest of allies. Sorry, but i couldn't help to have a good laugh. Well, you didn't know what actually happened during WWII, but i hope you do know by now what WWII was all about.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Perhaps someone can easily handle your alien theories while I try and unravel the
rest of what Earth people are doing.

Hitler's scientists were the first to try to copy the alien flying saucers, after they recovered a crashed alien spacecraft. The Nazi's knew the aliens have visited Earth since the ancient times. So Hitler wanted to build UFOs in attempt to win WWII.

You say Hitler made an attempt to make the Tesla space ship.
Sounds like you don't think Hitler made those saucers from the 40s and 50s.

Lets do a what if.
If Hitler was successful in making the saucer some people would not like that at all.
So the saucers from Hitler had to be hidden and perhaps never mentioned in the same breath.

Even going beyond that the accolades given Hitler would be outrageous.
But lets not go an further into real history.

It's funny that you thought that Hitler sent Braun to the United States, considering that Germany was the enemy of the United States and the rest of allies. Sorry, but i couldn't help to have a good laugh. Well, you didn't know what actually happened during WWII, but i hope you do know by now what WWII was all about.

Well Von Braun just happened to be the biggest star in science since 1945 landing him the NASA job.
The NASA and Space are the biggest peaceful endeavor funded by a government.
War funding the biggest of course.
I can see why people do not want to let Space go.
Toss in the alien foolishness as top funding as well.

Even with the Tesla space ship Tesla said we can't go into space do to the radiation.
Perhaps why Tesla called his ship an aircraft.

Von Braun's work on Hitlers saucers began when Hitler replaced Ley with Von Braun.
Simple as that.
Before 1939 and start of WWII must be what Lyne determined.
I never checked Ley's whereabouts but Mr. Lyne pieced together this yarn and is
not beyond the assumption Von Braun was a super spy the came up with two of
the greatest plumbs in science.

The saucer propulsion system and improved V2 rocket engine.
Keep on laughing while you learn what happened in WWII and beyond to this very day.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

"Mulholand Falls" was an interesting movie about atomic bomb testing and how there
might have been many aflicted by radiation exposure.

Perhaps some thousands of engineers from defeated Germany were in charge of the
atomic bomb program as they were the Tesla saucers and eventually NASA.

All those atomic bombs that were tested.
Just another trechnology to wonder about.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Condemned0625
reply to post by Truth01

Sure. Let's see what else it was written in, shall we?

-Bhagavad Gita
-Bahai Texts
-Buddhist Texts
-Divrei Torah
-Enuma Elish
-Ethiopian Texts
-Hindu Texts
-Islamic Texts
-Jain Texts
-Taoist Texts
-Sepher Yetzirah
-Shinto Texts
-Sikh Texts
-Zoroastrian Texts
-Vaimanika Shastra
-Mahabharata

And on and on... Extraterrestrials are described in almost every ancient text and they're NOT "demons". It's beyond laughable to see such a ridiculous statement from you, claiming that highly advanced technology is "demons in disguise!". LOL!

Well I have done a little search on each of them and this is just nonsense! Unless you can provide me with facts or qoutes of the texts that refer to aliens.
* In Ethipian text I think you are referring to animism I can't find a reference to aliens
* Islamic text can't find it.
* Taoist no reference to aliens.
* Sikh text can't find aliens

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
an expert in ancient text

I did a site search on alien cause I recall his reference at one time.

3 hits

I remember this one

Its recorded history but with the readers interpretation.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
May 5 1947 - Tucson, Arizona

Tucson, Arizona - Mrs. H.G. Olavick recalled she witnessed ten flying discs make some curious aerial maneuvers near Tucson. One of those objects appeared larger than the other nine discs, perhaps as big as 100 feet in diameter. Viewed with her husband, they both agreed at the time that the discs must be some sort of new high performance military aircraft. As they watched, the nine smaller craft began "playing around the cloud" in violent aerial maneuvers for about seven minutes as if making mock dogfights. Finally regrouping in a V formation behind the larger craft, they flew off with tremendous acceleration toward the northeast.
(McDonald, Loedding)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Perhaps someone can easily handle your alien theories while I try and unravel the
rest of what Earth people are doing.

I never said that my posts about the presence of the aliens have something to do with my theories.

I've already proved the presence of the aliens, which my posts show.

You say Hitler made an attempt to make the Tesla space ship.
Sounds like you don't think Hitler made those saucers from the 40s and 50s.

Lets do a what if.
If Hitler was successful in making the saucer some people would not like that at all.
So the saucers from Hitler had to be hidden and perhaps never mentioned in the same breath.

Even going beyond that the accolades given Hitler would be outrageous.
But lets not go an further into real history.

"What if" is only in your mind, with nothing to back it up.

If Hitler managed to mass-produce his socalled flying saucers / advanced war-airplanes, he would probably have won the air battle against the allies, and perhaps won WWII. But, he never got that far.
Hitler's scientists only managed to test few flying saucers and some few 'advanced' crafts, and some rockets. Nothing more.

Hitler never managed to produce any flying saucer / advanced war-airplane in the 1950's, as he made suicide in 1945, just before the Soviet troops took over Berlin.

Well Von Braun just happened to be the biggest star in science since 1945 landing him the NASA job.
The NASA and Space are the biggest peaceful endeavor funded by a government.
War funding the biggest of course.
I can see why people do not want to let Space go.
Toss in the alien foolishness as top funding as well.

Even with the Tesla space ship Tesla said we can't go into space do to the radiation.
Perhaps why Tesla called his ship an aircraft.

Von Braun's work on Hitlers saucers began when Hitler replaced Ley with Von Braun.
Simple as that.
Before 1939 and start of WWII must be what Lyne determined.
I never checked Ley's whereabouts but Mr. Lyne pieced together this yarn and is
not beyond the assumption Von Braun was a super spy the came up with two of
the greatest plumbs in science.

Once again, you misunderstood something here. Hitler never sent Von Braun to the United States, as he wanted to keep his own scientists. Do you really think that Hitler wanted to send his own scientists to his enemies?

And as i previously said, it was not Von Braun, but other german scientists who built few flying saucers, only for tests.

Von Braun was a rocket scientist, not a flying saucer scientist, and certainly not a spy. And as i previously said (provided with link), Von Braun confirmed the crashed UFO at Roswell, and the dead alien bodies with snake-like skin.
Is it really necessary to provide that link again?

Keep on laughing while you learn what happened in WWII and beyond to this very day.

It is you who have a lot to learn about WWII.
I'm curious. I hope you don't mind if i test you a little bit. I have som questions for you:

1) Do you know what kind of people Hitler wanted to exterminate for good?

2) Do you know which and how many countries Hitler invaded, before Hitler and his damn Nazi soldiers were finally defeated?

3) Do you know how the Americans and Canadians prevented the Nazis from invading Canada and the United States, and do you know how the Americans managed to get their war-airplanes to England, to help England to bomb Germany, during WWII?
edit on 8-3-2011 by Anunaki10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Once again, you misunderstood something here. Hitler never sent Von Braun to the United States, as he wanted to keep his own scientists. Do you really think that Hitler wanted to send his own scientists to his enemies?

How did Willy Ley get here?
Hitler didn't care about his prize microwave engineer joining a rocket society in America
New Mexico. Willy even proved one of Hitlers theories according to the research of
Bill Lyne. They knew one another personally. Ley was thus most likely payed under
orders from Hitler. Rockets were being researched. And Ley did not go back to Germany
and defected perhaps the money prospects were better here and if he didn't get good
reports that would be bad.
So lets lay it all on the line here.
If you can stumble past this winners line you won't get any where and this is a waste of time.
The leader of Germany with science henchmen and others didn't know what the most
celebrated people were doing.
Von Braun replaced Ley way before WWII so don't over look that.
Von Braun became the master spy and the most celebrated engineer in modern times.
He went back to Germany before WWII with death ray force production and improved
rocket nozzle design. A double whammy that set him up as King of the Moon program
at NASA. What he said goes even if we actually couldn't go in outer space without
three foot hull ships for complete radiation protection.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by A51Watcher

Interesting idea... The Trinity test was in June of 1945. Would be interesting to see how far this would have been detectable in space, within two years...as it seems (assuming the UFO flap in 47 was a response to investigate this "coming of age" event)

Presumably, this would indicate where "they" may be from..at least in a spherical distance model. Still a lot of Universe to search, but just thought it was kind of interesting.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Presumably, this would indicate where "they" may be from..at least in a spherical distance model. Still a lot of Universe to search, but just thought it was kind of interesting.

How so? Unless atomic blasts set up radiation or particles that travel faster than light, the closest star is 4.5 light years away. So a blast in 1945 would only be a little under half way to Alpha Centauri. And that doesn't even allow time for them to register the signal, plan to check us out and get here

Here is a star map 50 light years diameter. Our signals from the 60's are just now at the outer rim
Even at that most of what we broadcast in the 60's didn't have enough power, so will mostly be just noise

Now if you have proof that atomic blasts produce FTL particles or signals, I am ALL EARS

edit on 10-3-2011 by zorgon because: Gazrok snuck in when I wasn't looking

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anunaki10

The reason von Braun defected to the US was because Hitler had ordered all the scientists to be killed. Von Braun was told about this by a friend in the SS. He went to find someone to surrender to and luckily for him the soldier he ran into didn't shoot first and took him to a superior. The operation to get him and the other scientists out was done quickly before the kill squad got there. This is easy to find history.

And yeah VB went to Roswell
as well as Antarctica and he also worked on the US Army SMDC Moon Base project

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

More like Von Braun was waiting for an American or Russian deal to be made.
Kill squad indeed.
Thousands were let into America.
The famous seven days in May is another intel fantasy for the critical minded to ignore.
Not much is available except for followers the fantasy.
For those with knack we don't re constructed history but give history a chance.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

What if our extra terrestrial friends aren't just from another star system, but another dimension.. or have access to other dimensions? That means they could be from our very own planet, or one close by.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

How did Willy Ley get here?
Hitler didn't care about his prize microwave engineer joining a rocket society in America
New Mexico. Willy even proved one of Hitlers theories according to the research of
Bill Lyne. They knew one another personally. Ley was thus most likely payed under
orders from Hitler. Rockets were being researched. And Ley did not go back to Germany
and defected perhaps the money prospects were better here and if he didn't get good
reports that would be bad.
So lets lay it all on the line here.
If you can stumble past this winners line you won't get any where and this is a waste of time.
The leader of Germany with science henchmen and others didn't know what the most
celebrated people were doing.
Von Braun replaced Ley way before WWII so don't over look that.
Von Braun became the master spy and the most celebrated engineer in modern times.
He went back to Germany before WWII with death ray force production and improved
rocket nozzle design. A double whammy that set him up as King of the Moon program
at NASA. What he said goes even if we actually couldn't go in outer space without
three foot hull ships for complete radiation protection.

No, Von Braun didn't replace Willy Ley before WWII. And for the second time, no, Von Braun was not a spy.
For the second time, Von Braun moved to the United States after Nazi Germany surrendered in 1945. Von Braun was not in the United States before or during WWII.
www.ufocasebook.com...

Dr. Von Braun explained how he and unnamed associates had been taken to the crash site after the bulk of the military personnel had left the scene. They did a quick once over of the site, Van Braun stated. He related how the exterior of the space craft was not metal as we know it, but appeared to be made of something biological, like skin.
McClelland's only thought at the time was that he was being told that the craft was made of something "alive."
And yes, there were alien bodies which were being kept in a medical tent near the UFO. The beings were small, very frail, and reptilian in nature. Von Braun compared their skin to rattlesnakes that he and his group had encountered at White Sands.
Von Braun was puzzled by the nature of the debris. The material was very thin, aluminum colored, similar to chewing gum wrapping, according to the scientist.
The description of the craft's interior was bizarre; it was very bare of instrumentation, as if the creatures and the craft were of a single unit.

NORAD tracks about 500 'Fastwalkers' (UFOs) that approach Earth from deep space each year.

And no, it was not Nazi UFOs that were sighted in the United States before or after Roswell.

NASA can thank Von Braun for the Moon program, that's correct www.youtube.com... www.youtube.com...

Very little knowledge about Hitler and WWII i sense in you, padawan. I knew it would be difficult for you to answer my questions, so here are the answers to my questions:

1) Hitler wanted to exterminate all Jews. Albert Einstein was also a Jew, who managed to escape to the United States in 1933. If Einstein didn't manage to escape to the United States, i can assure you that he would probably have been caught by the Nazi soldiers, and sent to Auschwitz en.wikipedia.org... and either gassed to death in a gass chamber, shot, or slowly starved to death, together with 6 million other Jews who died that way www.youtube.com... www.youtube.com... In case you should visit Amsterdam, i can only recommend to pay Anne Frank's home a visit, her home is worth a visit www.annefrank.org... en.wikipedia.org...

2) www.youtube.com... www.youtube.com... (Hitler became angry when he watched this Charlie Chaplin movie that made fun of him) www.youtube.com... Hitler and his Nazi Germany invaded Poland, Denmark, Norway, Netherlands, Belgium, Luxemburg, France, Albania, Austria, Greece, Yugoslavia, Czechoslovakia, Byelorussian Soviet Socialist Republic, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Hungary, Italy, Monaco, Guernsey, Jersey, San Marino, Slovak Republic, Ukrainian Soviet Socialist Republic, and some part of Russia www.youtube.com... www.youtube.com... www.youtube.com... www.youtube.com... www.youtube.com... www.youtube.com... www.youtube.com... Time began to ran out for Hitler, as the Allies fought back en.wikipedia.org... www.youtube.com... www.youtube.com... www.youtube.com... www.youtube.com... www.youtube.com... In case you should visit Normandy and the allied soldiers' cemetery, i can only recommend to pay that place a visit, it is worth a visit www.history.co.uk...

3) The Americans and Canadians prevented the Nazis from invading Canada and the United States by fighting back at the Atlantic Ocean with battle ships and using bombs against the Nazi U-Boats. Between 1940 and 1941 London was under heavy attack by Hitler's aircrafts, so England needed support from the Americans. Lots of allied transport ships were destroyed by Nazi U-boats, and the hunt for these Nazi U-boats began www.youtube.com... www.youtube.com... www.youtube.com... www.youtube.com... www.youtube.com... www.youtube.com... www.youtube.com... www.naval-history.net... Hitler wanted to take control over the Atlantic Ocean, and there was also the fear of Hitler who could occupy Iceland and Greenland, and prepare for the invasion of Canada and the United States from Iceland and Greenland. It was probably also Hitler's plan. So the allies took over Greenland and Iceland, and built military bases on these islands www.history.army.mil... en.wikipedia.org... To sail allied transport ships to Greenland and Iceland was risky, as some the transport ships were sunk by Nazi U-Boats www.vtliving.com... , so the rest of the transport ships had to operate at night, cut off radio contact, so the ships had to use light flash to communicate with each other (morse code). When the allied bases at Greenland and Iceland were built, the war-airplanes from the United States could then fly to Canada to refuel, fly from Canada to Greenland to refuel, fly from Greenland to Iceland to refuel, fly from Iceland to Ireland to refuel, and finally fly to England, and support England to bomb Germany.

www.youtube.com... www.youtube.com... In 1945 Germany and Japan finally surrendered.

And the new era of the Cold war began www.youtube.com... www.youtube.com... www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Dr. Von Braun explained how he and unnamed associates had been taken to the crash site after the bulk of the military personnel had left the scene. They did a quick once over of the site, Van Braun stated. He related how the exterior of the space craft was not metal as we know it, but appeared to be made of something biological, like skin.
McClelland's only thought at the time was that he was being told that the craft was made of something "alive."
And yes, there were alien bodies which were being kept in a medical tent near the UFO. The beings were small, very frail, and reptilian in nature. Von Braun compared their skin to rattlesnakes that he and his group had encountered at White Sands.
Von Braun was puzzled by the nature of the debris. The material was very thin, aluminum colored, similar to chewing gum wrapping, according to the scientist.
The description of the craft's interior was bizarre; it was very bare of instrumentation, as if the creatures and the craft were of a single unit.

and also...

"Wernher Von Braun knew about the extraterrestrial issue." - Dr. Carol Rosin,
spokesperson for Wernher Von Braun last years of his life.

and this...

'News Europa' Jan 1959

Wernher Von Braun commented, "We find ourselves faced by powers, which are far stronger than we had hitherto assumed, and whose base is at present unknown to us.
More I cannot say at present (when asked about the deflection of a satellite)
We are now engaged in entering into closer contact with those powers, and in six or nine months it may be possible to speak with some precision on the matter."

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by A51Watcher

Interesting idea... The Trinity test was in June of 1945. Would be interesting to see how far this would have been detectable in space, within two years...as it seems (assuming the UFO flap in 47 was a response to investigate this "coming of age" event)

The Zeta system is comparatively close, and is mentioned by name in most information regarding this area.
I have seen several comments here regarding this idea, that our first nuclear explosions alerted aliens to our presence. But as zorgon points out "the closest star is 4.5 light years away". He is also aware that evidence indicates aliens have been "visiting" our planet since the beginning, so I think that is what he is driving at.

However I don't think either view precludes the other.
I agree alien presence has been documented since the dawn of man. But perhaps these explosions alerted a new race of aliens to our presence that were previously unaware of our existence.

And how did they detect it from the vast distances zorgon pointed out...
ever been listening to your stereo, and suddenly hear large clicks coming out of the speakers, and when you investigate, you finally discover someone in a different part of the house has been plugging and unplugging some large wattage electrical unit in and out of the socket? This alert was carried by neither the speed of sound or light, but through electrical contacts in a common circuit.
Do aliens use technology that would hear spikes on the atomic level in a shared galaxy?

Early atomic blasts are the biggest easy target to point to when we try to figure out what triggered this massive invasion wave leading up to Roswell. Some also point to the Foo Fighters in WWII as being the actual beginning of the modern UFO invasion. However since these all involved bright lights and not silvery saucer shaped discs, they are by definition a different wave. Perhaps they were remote control drones or probes sent ahead of the discs, or maybe even sent from a different race altogether.

What makes this wave different than any other in history is that -

it is the first time we ever got our hands on one.

This invasion wave now appears to be roughly 10x larger in scope that what my OP showed it to be, turns out it was only the tip of the iceberg. It also now dramatically confirms my suspicion of what locations they were visiting. They made a bee- line for every base and facility with atomic material. Every location on this map comes up in the reports as a target more than once.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f30604dc0738.jpg[/atsimg]

Including the site shown in Canada -

"By December 1942 there were concerns that even Oak Ridge was too close to Knoxville, Tennessee in the unlikely but possible event of a major nuclear accident. The Chalk River, Ontario site was established to house the Allied effort that was going on at McGill University at the Montreal Laboratory.
Since the site was 120 miles west of Ottawa, a new community was built at Deep River, Ontario to provide residences and facilities for the team members. The site was chosen for its proximity to the industrial manufacturing of Ontario and Quebec, and access to a rail head adjacent to a large military base, Camp Petawawa. Located on the Ottawa River it had access to abundant water. The first director of the new laboratory was John Cockroft, but he was later replaced by Bennett Lewis. A pilot reactor known ZEEP (Zero-energy experimental pile) became the first Canadian reactor, and the first to be completed outside the United States, when it went critical in September 1945. A larger 10 MW NRX reactor which was designed during the war was completed and went critical in July 1947."

Many sites not on this map but of obvious equal interest were mentioned in the OP, but now includes several more I was unaware of.

So while the public only saw a seemingly scattered wave across the nation,
as the morning status reports came in, the general's eyes bugged out and choked on their coffee as they saw what locations were being "visited" by these craft.

So while atomic capability was -certainly- one of their primary targets, the question if atomic testing is what drew them here...
"is at present unknown, perhaps in six or nine months it may be possible to speak with some precision on the matter."

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join