It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Day Before Roswell

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by eNaR

Thank you for that link, it is also very helpful.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Thunda

Yes by all means please do! I have no information from Scotland as of yet, but I suspect it is there for the taking.
And yes indeed I even posted a short piece on Major Keyhoe a few pages back you may find of interest.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SerialLurker

Yes I have no other information from Australia other than the one report from Sydney you see in the OP. I suspect there is much more for the taking in your library.
edit on 19-1-2011 by A51Watcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by greywolfalyeska
... It is interesting that a lot of this happened in Oregon. Were there any more clusters of activity that you have found, maybe closer to this day and age?

Yes I have read of several other clusters of activity through the years, called "Flaps" in various books on the subject. One "Flap" of interest was centered around Nuclear Missile Silo's in various states.

Peter Davenport at the National UFO Reporting center would be the expert to answer your question. His database is online here:

National UFO Reporting Center

which begins in 1950 and continues to the current day.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Condemned0625

why dont u make a point about the thread instead of bash people

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by porschedrifter
Could it be that we were being invaded in a way, well..., visited for contact the days leading up to Roswell?

Whether the craft crashed on purpose or by accident is a whole nother story.

Yes that is the way it appears, a world wide scan and survey mission, until interrupted by the "crash", which is indeed a whole nother story.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by notsoperfect
reply to post by A51Watcher

Now who can dispute the evidences of those extra terrestrial objects flying in our air space?

Yes the balloon explanation now seems beyond laughable in light of this two week period.

The only thing bothers me is why the Oregon newspapers are reporting the majority of these events, which may not be a too significant problem.

Perhaps I can add a little perspective. Portland sits on the edge of the Columbia River. Right across the bridge is Vancouver, WA, and a short drive from there is Hanford, WA, where the nuclear material for the first atomic tests was created and processed. This is also near Mt. Ranier where Kenneth Arnold got an eye-full.
As far as Oregon newspapers reporting the majority of these events, it appears they were not! They are just the only ones that have been recovered from the archives and shared so far!

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Yes, thank you for the link! It will very helpful in the new report I am working on.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by chunder

Yes I have the originals (in storage). I will dig that one out and post the results.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by C64Warrior
Great thread and placed Roswell for me into a new light. I was always a believer in the Roswell case. But understood, that people were and still are receptive for the weather balloon explanation.

Now looking at your findings, the old weather balloon excuse just looks pretty funny. UFO sightings all over the place, reported from many many people, even mass sightings.

And what does the Air Force capture? A weather balloon
Was it disc shaped?

Great description there!
And even better sarcasm than mine!

Yes the balloon story is beyond laughable at this point. (Oh has any one noticed that the "new" explanation given by the Air Force, citing the secret Mogul balloon project with dummies, did not begin until 6 years AFTER Roswell?
.... D'oh!)
(Is this a backhanded method of disclosure, saying stuff that is so stupid everyone knows you are lying?)

So anyway, we had guard planes patrolling saucer routes for a weather balloon? We had fighters and a jet on standby for weather balloons?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by tiger_tts

... In hindsight it seems so obvious that one wonders why this sort of newspaper combing has not been done previously.

Yes good point. And the Internet and ATS in particular now seem perfectly suited to carrying out this kind of task in a relatively short amount of time.

Maybe I should head over to the local microfiche collection.

Maybe??

I am sure you will not be dissappointed

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by OptimistPrime
I was trying to find some online microfiche for the local paper in my area when i discovered a few sites that described a local man's siting eerily 2 weeks before the crash.

June 24th, 1947 - Charles Kastl is walking about 10 miles east of Joliet, Illinois when he sees nine discs flying at an estimated 4,000 feet at rapid speeds.

Its amazing that the number correlates with the articles posted in the OP.
www.nicap.org...
www.roswellnewmexicoufo.com...
It looks like I will be taking a trip to the library very soon.

Good stuff! So the shiny fleet of nine made an appearance at Joliet with "rapid speeds" huh? Hmmm....
Thank you for the links. They too will be helpful in the new project, which will include some additional new display methods I think will be pretty amazing.

Good hunting at the library!

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by skido

...Would it be possible for someone to plot the various sightings with respect to the region / cities from which the sightings were reported? If it indeed was the same fleet of 'objects' that were seen everywhere. the trajectory may throw some interesting observations.

I am ON it! (as you can see lately). Please join us in uncovering what your city has hidden in the archives!

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ChilledVoodoo

Thank you for that link. Good job! Yet another source!!

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blueracer
To the op:

Perhaps you have inadvertantly stumbled across the beginning of a government dis-information program designed to throw people off the right path. One so succesful that they still use it today.

To Blueracer:

Normally I might be willing to entertain that theory, but having personally seen extreme advanced alien technology on display on two different occasions in my life, I know that theory to be incorrect. Also, the speeds reported were not even close to possible at that time or even today. Hope this helps.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Found an interesting article from the Milwaukee Journal, July 6th 1947.

Title of piece:

'Flying Saucer' Atomic Source Hinted, Denied.

Mentions many sightings that may already be posted on this thread.....but I found this part of the story interesting and pertinent to how we all view things today!!

" At Columbus Ohio, Louis E Starr, natural Commander of the Veterans of Foreign Wars told the FW Ohio encampment that he would have some information from Washington about the ' fleets of flying saucers'.
He indicated the information would help explain the disks and would arrive at 3pm. It did not arrive so the convention broke up none the wiser.
After making the announcement, Starr remarked:

" Too little is being told to the people of this country"

The link below looks odd....hope it works!!

[url=http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=XB0aAAAAIBAJ&sjid=IiUEAAAAIBAJ&pg=2547,1250128&dq=flying+saucer&hl=en]

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by Thunda

Remember, the original cover story WORKED. The whole Roswell event was forgotten the next day after the cover story. It took DECADES for UFO researchers to renew interest in it, and bring it to public scrutiny.

The FACT of the coverup's success (regardless of what you believe it was) is an often overlooked part of the story. I mean, here is a great example of how effective it was. For years, all these witnesses kept silent about what they had seen, and the press cooperated fully with the cover story.

It's even more amazing, when you dig into it, and realize just how inept the coverup was initially, but since the public TRUSTED the military back then, it made their job easier.

You are 100% correct in every statement. After the coverup until 1987 when Major Marcel gave his first interview, NO one knew about Roswell. (Except of course those that had been threatened with having their bones found out in the sand if they spoke about it.)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thunda
reply to post by Gazrok

Yes, I agree- it was to do with the age that Roswell happened in- a time where the government 'didnt lie' and you could believe everything you read in the papers and heard on the radio. I think for a lot of older Americans, it wasnt until Watergate that they were prepared to believe that their government- for which many of them had gone off and fought in foreign wars for- was capable of telling lies. I have seen footage of an ex-seviceman who told his father in the late '60s that his radar unit regularly tracked 'fastwalker' targets in the upper atmosphere at multiple mach's. This threw his father into a state of confusion as the witness said "Dad knew I wouldnt lie to him, but stoutly believed his government wouldnt deny this if it were true"- after Watergate, his father sat down with him and said "Tell me again about those UFO's!"

Roswell just couldnt happen today- today people often assume their government is lying because they have been caught out so many times. These days they would just lock the whole area down, round up any witnesses under the patriot act (or without any such 'act') and certainly wouldnt be doing any ill thought out press releases- they have had lots of practice of covering stuff up between 1947 and 2011.

But you are right- the cover up did work for many years. Just not anymore!

Yes you very accurately describe the moods and attitudes of the times, which are hard to imagine/understand today. Well done.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by annella

Perfect timing on that article annella! I was just discussing the importance of Hanford (very near here) a few posts above. Further down in that same article, I found this part interesting:

"Col.F.J. Clark, commanding officer of the Hanford, WA Atomic Engineering works in the Pacific northwest where the largest saucer influx has been reported, said the saucers were not coming from that plant."

(but they sure were coming TO that plant a lot! LOL - editors note)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by A51Watcher
reply to post by boo1981

Thank you for that link. It will be helpful in preparing the new presentation.

Your more than welcome. I'm happy to have been able to contribute something to your thread

Good work, Ive found it a very interesting read/subject.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join