It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dramatic Ocean Circulation Changes Caused a Colder Europe in the Past

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Now new research led by Cardiff University, with scientists in the UK and US, reveals that these ocean circulation changes may have been more dramatic than previously thought. The findings, published January 14, 2011 in the journal Science, show that as the last Ice Age came to an end (10,000 -- 20,000 years ago) the formation of deep water in the North-East Atlantic repeatedly switched on and off. This caused the climate to warm and cool for centuries at a time.

Source

It is simply my personal opinion that this is being down played to the extent that most will not be "in the know" of the possibility of a "Dramatic" An accelerated,spontaneous Ice Age scenario.

Either way I think the article is of interest and importance pertaining to the present cold front that is happening right now.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I am surprised of the lack of interest in this topic!?

Well,I at least find it interesting and important! I do hope some of you can shed light further and give your opinions on this subject

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
The problem I have is that scientist know why the currents are slowing down. It's because of the different densities of salt and fresh water. In lieu of that, why couldn't scientist add salinity, even a little, to the Seas and Oceans that are receiving more than normal amounts so fresh water? We have the technology to manipulate weather... and i'm leaving it at that.

join