It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Myths And Facts About Cannabis

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Here is why change takes YEARS to happen: I took the time to write that letter to my districts congressman, and you know what his response was? One of those mass letters that a computer program sends out to any person that e-mails them.

May 8, 2011 Dear *****, Thank you for taking the time to contact me and share your concerns. It is an honor to serve the people of Kansas in the United States Congress and your communication is vital to my performance as a representative. I always appreciate hearing your thoughts and concerns about issues facing our country. I hope that you and other Kansans will continue to share with me on these important issues. If you have any further specific questions or concerns, please send me an email or call my office (Kansas, 913-621-0832; Washington, 202-225-2865). My staff and I are dedicated to providing outstanding services to the constituents of our district. One of the ways we do this is by providing constant updates on my work in Kansas and in Washington through social media. To stay connected and follow every vote that I take in Congress, please "Like" my page on Facebook (www.facebook.com/congressmankevinyoder), follow me on Twitter (www.twitter.com/repkevinyoder), and visit my website (www.yoder.house.gov) to sign up for my weekly e-newsletter. Again, I want to thank you for contacting me and sharing your thoughts. Please don't hesitate to contact me in the future if I can be of service. Sincerely, Kevin Yoder Member of Congress

He did not even respond to the issue that I spent an hour or two writing about, he just asked me to "like" him on facebook. And by "he", I mean the computer program that probably sent out that exact letter to hundreds of people and replaces the name for each new letter. That's just one of the thousands of problems with this country, politicians don't have time to focus on the people, they're busy shaking hands in front of camera's and kissing ass to please the people that fund their campaigns. It took over a month for a simple automated e-mail to be sent after I e-mailed him, and I'm sure that I will never hear a legitimate response from him.
edit on 12-5-2011 by TupacShakur because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

Love a respect for others means I need to point out a post that can KILL others.

Cannibis has 700 chemicals that turn into 2000 when ignited.

70 of those are fat soluable which means they stay in fatty tissue such as the brain and sex organs.
Cannibis harms ones ability to handle stress and relate to thers.

4 times as much tar hits the mouth and gums as cigarettes.

Not to mention...how do you know what it was spiked with?

How do I know? I run a drug and alcohol education group.

You are STUPID for smoking that crap.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by crmanager

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I'd love for you to post some sources for this information. I've never ever ever seen any proof of this as being factual.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

You're a real role model for those children that you brainwash with your biased information and straight up lies, calling somebody with a differing opinion "STUPID".

Sure, I can believe that those chemicals stay in your body longer, THC stays in the body for 1-4 weeks, so I don't think you're shocking anybody here.

If there is 4x the tar that hits the mouth and gums compared to cigarettes, I would love for you to post some links to cases where a cannabis smoker got cancer of the mouth, because surely if that was factual, you could provide some evidence. Oh wait, that's not factual, that's another slanted, biased piece of information used to scare and brainwash people into believing that the cannabis plant is dangerous when in reality is is one of the least harmful things on the planet. You have a better chance of dying from being struck by lightning four times in a row than dying from cannabis, because nobody has ever died from smoking weed.

"What it was spiked with", spiked? What is this, the punch at a high school dance? If cannabis was decriminalized and sold in legitimate dispensaries, people would not have to worry about buying "spiked" weed, so the illegality is the danger, not the plant itself.

You are wasting your life lying to children, and you should seriously reconsider whether or not you want to continue spreading misinformation. When you're on your deathbed, will you look back and be proud that you spent your life lying to people and spreading misinformation about a harmless plant? Think about it.

I'm sure that if you are posting in this thread you took the time to at least read the original post, so knowing that you cannot overdose on cannabis, it does not cause lung cancer, it promotes the growth of brain cells contrary to the belief that it kills them, it does not damage the fetus or cause birth defects if smoked by pregnant women, and it has countless medicinal uses as well as over 25,000 industrial uses which come from the hemp variety of the plant, why are you spending your life trying to convince people that this plant is a menace to society when it's really the stark opposite of that? Society would function better without ignorant liars like yourself who go to schools and spread slanted pieces of information with the intention of trying to educate the people when the truth is you are doing the exact opposite.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I'm sure someone has said it already, but it only effects the short term memory when your using it, afterwards everything is normal.

oh and Ganja is the only drug that acts on the Endocannabinoid system, while others trigger dopamine, the high from Cannabis comes from Endocannabinoid receptors being triggered. In other words, not only is it not addictive, but the high is 100% natural

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

You should research these "chemicals" that you speak of, Cannabis is made of 3 parts, THC (which triggers receptors and gives you the high) and two others that have been found to have multiple benefits, including a new lead in the cure for cancer. Your slinging misleading information around, and it's pretty sad..

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
More Cannabis Facts:

Industrial Uses: The industrial and agricultural benefits of the 'hemp' variety of the cannabis plant are almost unreal. There are over 25,000 industrial uses of the cannabis plant.

--Green Fuel (Pun intended): A bio diesel fuel made from the hemp plant emits 80% less CO2 than fossil fuels, which generates less greenhouse gases and does not cause acid rain thus slowing global warming. Hemp fuel is found to be 10x less toxic than salt, and is as biodegradable as sugar.

--Land Saving: 1 acre of usable hemp fiber is equal to the usable fiber of 4 acres of trees or 2 acres of cotton. Not only can hemp yield four times that of an average forest, but a hemp crop can be harvested in only 90 days compared to an average of 25 years for a forest. Deforestation would almost completely cease, and we would no longer need to wait 25 years for a forest to grow back just so we can cut it back down again.

--Hemp Paper = No Pollution: Hemp fiber can be processed to make paper and cloth, and this production does not require chlorine which produces diotoxins as it does with wood or cotton fiber. The paper industry, which mainly uses wood pulp, is currently the world's 3rd largest polluter, so making the switch to hemp fiber would drastically cut back on pollution.

--Sustainable Agriculture: The hemp plant can be grown without fertilizer, compared to 50% of the worlds chemical pesticides being used on cotton fields. It also replenishes the soil with nitrogen and other nutrients. On top of that, it increases the topsoil in the area, and restores the health and fertility of the soil because of its long, firm roots. Due to the hemp plants fast growth, it can be used to absorb carbon from the air and store it back in the earth, a process known as carbon sequestration. The hemp variety of the cannabis plant also cleans up toxins from the ground, a process called phytomerediation.

--Easily recyclable: The fibers produced by the hemp plant are stronger than those of almost any other plant in the world, and those fibers can be recycled many more times than other products.

--Healthy Food: Hemp oil is the worlds richest known source of polyunsaturated essential fatty acids, which help to control our cholesterol, artery blockage, and strengthen the immune system. The munchies caused by one variety of the cannabis plant can be cured by the food produced by another variety.

--Clothing: Fabrics and clothing can be made from hemp, which do not contain any residual chemicals compared to many if not all current clothing materials. Hemp based fabrics can also effectively block UV rays, even with fabrics containing only 50% hemp fiber.

--Random Products: Rope and canvas can be made from hemp which is unmatched by any other material in its strength and absorbency. A much cleaner and renewable source of plastic compared to petroleum based plastics can also be produced. Automobiles could be made from hemp based products, in 1941 Ford produced an automobile with a plastic body composed of 70% hemp fibers, and this cars body could absorb blows 10x as great as steel without denting. Countless lives could have been saved if automobiles were made from this instead of steel. Hemp can basically be used as an environmentally safer alternative for any product currently made from cotton, timber, or petroleum.

These industrial uses will unfortunately not be utilized anytime soon, because a harmless plant is illegal. The hemp plant cannot get a person high, as it contains such a small amount of THC. Attempting to get high from the hemp plant is analogous to trying to get drunk from non-alcoholic beer. The real messed up thing is that even though it cannot get a person high, 99% of the cannabis plants being eradicated by the federal government at taxpayer expense are of the hemp variety.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by crmanager

Yes, so obviously you're biased.

Yet you failed to mention all of the benefits it has for our species?!

How intellectually honest of you!

edit on 12-5-2011 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Nobama

Don't forget that cannabis strengthens the endocannabanoid system, which is the primary regulating system for all other systems in the body:

--digestive system
--musculoskeletal system
--respiratory system
--reproductive system
--cardiovascular system
--nervous system
--immune system
--lymphatic system
--endocrine system

"We can make him stronger, we have the technology: *Pulls out vaporizer, hands it to dude and he takes a fat toke*"

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   

I run a drug and alcohol education group.

Now we all know your motivation to spread lies. PROFFIT.

Figures.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Not a lot to add, but S&F & thankyou for this thread.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
hey, great forum. i think its great to get the message out about cannbis. I am a teenager that has been constantly told baout the dangers of cannbis and alcohol and although these drugs are the most common and easiest to get a hold of i believe that the goverment should be focusing on the bigger issue of methamphetamine and heroin. I live in Zealand, and in a survey in 2003 it showed the NZ was second behind Thailand for most methamphetamine users. In NZ methamphetamine is as easy to get a hold of as weed was about 6 years ago. I did a survey a few weeks ago aimed at teenagers aged 15 to 18 and the results came back that 57% of them had tried or been in contact with methamphetamine and that they were never told about the negative side effects of methamphetamine. This is a sad statistic but its showing that the goverment is focusing on the wrong side of drugs. In my survey i also asked if they knew of any laws in NZ that currently banned the use of methamphetamine to which 33% said no. this is disgusting considering methamphetamine, in NZ, is a class A drug that leas to life imprisionment for using, manufacturing or dealing the drug.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   

reply to post by TupacShakur

Cannibis harms ones ability to handle stress and relate to thers.

4 times as much tar hits the mouth and gums as cigarettes.

Not to mention...how do you know what it was spiked with?

You are STUPID for smoking that crap.

You have been duped my friend. Go ahead believe what the government tells you and their studies funded by big pharma and others with financial interests in keeping prohibition alive. You are STUPID for believing that crap.

I've been to rehab with counselors who were trained by the Betty Ford program and they agreed that there is no logical reason why cannabis should be illegal and is way less harmful that alcohol and tobacco. Not to mentioned the plant has been used throughout human history as a medicine.

Please do your own research and Deny Ignorance!

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Jesikaaah

I think you are getting smart. There are some very unethical types out there that would love to steer everything over to the manufactured drugs, and there are some very under-handed reasons TPB would like to keep everyone away from cannabis. Meth is a monster that has many dangers you seem to already have begun to recognize. As far as those really bad people that are behind much of this, they are delighted to have discovered just how enticing and at first innocuous meth appears to be. It's bad-news stuff. Keep your distance from it and observe closely the users you will see. Watch the changes they go through mentally and physically. It will run-down the body in irreversible ways.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
So it looks like another cannabis basher came in here, threw down some ignorance, and left without intention of returning. That or he returned, saw the responses, realized he was horribly wrong, but was too embarrassed to admit that he has no idea what he is talking about.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Just found this tidbit.

Enjoy!

Cannibus Kills all Known Germs..Dead...including MRSA Superbug
edit on 16-5-2011 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
**REMINDER**

Alt. Sub. Conspiracies: This forum is for the discussion of conspiracies, scandals, and cover-ups related to the trade and trafficking of illicit drugs, and inequities in enforcement of drug-related laws. Personal use, advocacy of legalization, and related non-conspiratorial topics are not allowed. Members posting about personal recreational use of drugs and related mind-altering substances may be banned without warning.This forum is not intended for discussion of legalization advocacy or speculation of enlightenment or spiritual possibilities related to drug use.

Discussing of personal use is strickly forbidden..

~Keeper
ATS Moderator

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Very sorry about that mod, I am still new to the forums. Though it's hard to talk about this subject and not discuss personal experience.

anyways great thread, there is at least 1 person a day I talk to who is ignorant to the facts and spew all the myths you list. I then tell them the facts and they always say " well this person said this and my moms a doctor so they know everything" or they try to change the subject. haha, deny ignorance i guess. S&F to you.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join