It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Predator 'Dawn Runner' Discovered in Early Dinosaur Graveyard

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

A team of paleontologists and geologists from Argentina and the United States on Jan. 13 announced the discovery of a lanky dinosaur that roamed South America in search of prey as the age of dinosaurs began, approximately 230 million years ago.

Sporting a long neck and tail and weighing only 10 to 15 pounds, the new dinosaur has been named Eodromaeus, the "dawn runner."

Pretty cool discovery,reminds me of a smaller,more pint-sized raptor and probably very nimble & quick on it's feet.
believed to be the second oldest known carnivore dinosaur ever discovered leading way to much larger predators like T-Rex and Allosaurus.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Hey, is that Patrick Stewart at the bottom of the second image link?

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by PerfectPerception

That is a really good discovery and very cool looking too. Looks like a miniature Velociraptor!

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

That is exactly what I was thinking.
most likely more agile being a scrappier,smaller carnivore.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by dainoyfb

I do not think so but I do see the resemblance you speak of in the picture

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by PerfectPerception

S&F for posting this. I'm not sure how unique that particular dino is, seems like I've seen some like it before in films... but hell I'm no expert on it. Cool stuff though.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by totalmetal

It is a new discovery,closely related to other larger carnivores,Paved the way for much larger,dominant Dino's like T-Rex etc.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Hey lets mix and match our threads! I did a thread on this a day or so ago, but I didn't have the neat pics in mine
Gotta love them dinosaurs! www.abovetopsecret.com... The articles discuss the age and another dino being reclassified.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by hangedman13

That sounds like a good idea to me
I will link your thread(Not sure how to edit the Op now though? anyone who can help I would greatly appreciate it!) and if you want,you can link My thread in yours.

top topics

join