It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It is time

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 11:47 AM
link   
It is time to stom worshiping Gods and aim at becoming Gods.

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 11:52 AM
link   
It's time to stop eating 'shrooms and sucking weed, and aim at becoming sane and sober.

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 11:53 AM
link   
We can never beome true GODS. The only things we humans can control is this desilate planet called earth. A true GOD has a knowledge and understanding that is greater than the human experience.

For centuries we humans thought everything revolved around us. Some today still have this conception. We are not that important. The sun, moon and stars were here long before us and will be here long after we kill each other for no reason. I just hope that mother earth won't fall victim to our peity goal of world dominitation.

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 12:13 PM
link   
That doctrine about start being gods is actually more than 100 years old Nietzsche said it first through the concept of the ubermensh.

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 12:20 PM
link   
PEACE DUDE

[Edited on 20-3-2003 by U.S. Patriot]

posted on Mar, 20 2003 @ 02:32 PM
link   
who posts something like this. there is no posible way to become a god. there is only one god and he rules all of the earth. the reason that satin went down to hell is because he wanted to become god. you better be counting your blessings.

posted on Mar, 20 2003 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Okay, I made a reply in another thread that seems to me that it should logically belong here too...However, I'm not going to spam this thread by merely performing a copy/paste routine. Instead I'm going to refer you to xmb.abovetopsecret.com... & the post I made (It's post #11 when you count posts down the page).

Basically, this thread seems to be discussing the difference between whether or not a person should be free to choose his/her own style of values/ethics/morality instead of following a Deity or Religion that no one can really get a good grasp of understanding...

My particular thoughts on this matter can be read at the link-reference above.

posted on Mar, 20 2003 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by supernut89the reason that satin went down to hell is because he wanted to become god.

It seems to me that you've fallen into the conspiracy of "scripture vs. tradition"...Tradition is what you're talking about, not the actual scripture. Mainly because, according to scripture, the traditional concept of Hell *does not exist*. The Hell you speak of is a pagan concept that the Christian (Particularly, the Roman Catholics) religion adopted in order to teach of a place of "unending punishment" for sinners, made by God; And the scriptures that show He does *not* even consider throwing any of His children into it for eternity.

I have quite a few places for you to look at (interspersed with my own comments)...At these places you'll see the "origins" of Hell & how "traditional teachings" haven't been following the truth of the scriptures themselves.

www.tentmaker.org...
Actual scriptural translations & scriptual/historical origins of Hell...And the deliberate coverup of the truth by the Church. Once knowing of such deliberate coverups (at least read down to the part that indicates that the Church *deliberately* refused to include in the KJV Bible how the scholars warned that their translations may not be correct) & how the current news indicates that the Pope is actually enforcing the *true scriptures* concerning "spiritual unity", so how can anyone call him a heretic now? Yet, that's what the some of the factions of "traditional teachings" are doing. The Pope actually has the guts to do what the scriptures tell him to do when so many before him (& who still work under him) choose to continue with "tradition" instead of scripture.

www.tentmaker.org...
what-the-hell-is-hell.com...
Has there been any benefit to society to have the threat of Hell hanging over their heads? Psychologically & historically, the answer is "no". This lesson would be well-taught to restictive or otherwise "law-happy" governments, religions & societies.

www.av1611.org...
An example of someone who takes the mistranslations & standard religious "traditional teachings" as being the truth of the scriptures themselves. Yet, many fundalmentalists cling to the "traditional teachings" rather than investigating & learning the actual *truth* of the scriptures themselves. They take the teachings based from incorrect translation & deliberate inclusions of *pagan resources* that have altered the meaning of the scriptures & carry them to an illogical, irresponsible & *dangerous* extreme. In other words, they take mistakes & deliberate lies as the truth...And turn them to "justifying" their own hatreds & inadequecies.

www.av1611.org...
Here is some very notable examples of such unGodly acts performed in God's name...And how the Church "justified" such acts.

Was Hell an invention of the Church? Here's some devout & noteworthy believers who believe that there is *no* Hell & the back up their belief with scripture (intstead of "traditional teachings").

Even the Encyclopedia researches the origins & attributes of Hell better than most fundamentalists performing research the origins of their own "traditional teachings".

The origins & "histories" of Hell & how they were applied to "traditional teachings". Fundies take note that these quotes were taken from noted historians & people high in religious heirarchy at various times through history...And they admit their views, in writing, that the "common masses" are nothing more than ignorant barbarians that must be put under control of the Church. Is that how you want to live the rest of your life?...Under the "teachings" of people who seek nothing less than control over you through inventive fear-mongering & the fictitious stories of "the wrath of divine punishment"?
One of the lies I found particularly disturbing at that link was written for a Catholic *children's book*!

www.tentmaker.org...
This one studies the scriptures themselves & puts the lie to the "everlasting" torment of Hell as "traditional teachings" would have you believe it.

www.tentmaker.org...
The historical *facts* of how modern day versions of the Bible are perpetuated with fundamentalist *lies*. Yep, the Doctrine of Bible Inerrency & those who support it are nothing but lies & liars who perpetuate their level of influence with more lies! During the medeval times, politics took precedence over accuracy & modern-day publishers put "the bottom line" of sales on top of the list when publishers want to print Bibles, so scholarly accuracy again takes a back seat.
All this boils down to the fact that, if you say you believe in the Bible, you should specify "which one?" & be able to back it up with documentation of the *accuracy* of the initial translation. If you claim to follow the "one true religion", then you'd better be cabable of reading the ancient Hebrew language & have been able to access (at the very least) accurate copies of the *original scriptures*. How many fundies can truthfully claim *either* option?

For those of you who think that your Church teaches the true scripture instead of "traditional teachings", try asking your Pastor/Priest/Rabbi/whatever the questions at this link...What his answers are & *how he says them* may surprise you a lot. If he can answer these questions correctly & confidently, then you can be fairly certain that your following the True Word instead of mere religious tradition.

If you're still wondering about what the "lake of fire & brimstone" are all about, you also need to look into the real *usage* & *meaning* of the scriptual terms as they relate to God & salvation.

posted on Mar, 20 2003 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a form of ""Hell""

isn't it just another persons opinion???(web page)

how do we know that the scriptures of Hebrew context were not changed to benefit whomever changed them???

What now,we should all learn to read "Hebrew"???

Or, for that matter,learn to read ""Greek""???

Yes, people do things for their own benefit (i sometimes wonder why???)

be it of any religious background!!!

And so, we are right where we started..........

posted on Mar, 20 2003 @ 08:54 PM
link   
lol@William

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 11:28 AM
link   
uh dude you cant become a god sorry to tell you buddy but you just cant do it. no you shoudl not worship GODS you need to worship the one true god

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by supernut89
uh dude you cant become a god sorry to tell you buddy but you just cant do it. no you shoudl not worship GODS you need to worship the one true god

Right. The Sun.

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tyler
It is time to stom worshiping Gods and aim at becoming Gods.

Yet more atheistic "I am in need of no God" attitude.

posted on Apr, 23 2003 @ 11:37 AM
link   
you cannot become a god no matter how hard you try i dont know where you got that idea. did you all of sudden fall down and think hey i am a god. you may think that you are or that you can become one but it is all in your imagination

posted on Apr, 23 2003 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Well...
I'd have to disagree with that. It may not be right, but it is possible.

If cloning people becomes common-place in our future, then those people chosen to be cloned (important members of society) would be tapping mortality in the arse.

These people could be considered gods, because they could never stay dead.

The people, however, would be able to create life. If they can clone a person, they would soon figure out how to create a person.

And isn't creating life and being immortal what makes a god a god?

posted on Apr, 23 2003 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Tyler didn't state it was "possible" to become a god, all he did was say we should "aim" for it. Isn't that what all good little devotees of various Gods do? Strive to emulate their god's ideals? I just happen to agree with him on the point of man being a little too old to believe in fairy tales.....

"the reason that Satan (sp corrected) went down to hell is because he wanted to become god"

Just wanted to clarify this... No, not really in essence... He felt betrayed by God, for before man, God's love was reserved for his kind...angels, and then man comes along, and the angels become second-class citizens so to speak, so yeah, he was a little miffed. Only then, did he seek the throne of God...and upon losing this battle in Heaven, he and the other angels on his side, were cast down to Hell, thus the moniker of "fallen angel". In case you're interested, looking into the various classifications of angels, their heirarchy, and mythology is quite an interesting journey...

posted on Apr, 23 2003 @ 12:20 PM
link   
That's kind of strange. What if 'Satan' was right?
(boy I'm going to get flamed for this one)

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Q.And isn't creating life and being immortal what makes a god a god?

no that is not what makes god God. he is the ruler of all the earth. he is the one in heaven. he is immortal sure but he can do anything. and he loves you with all his heart

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 04:40 PM
link   

. he is immortal sure but he can do anything.

Can he create a boulder so big that he can't lift it?

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 11:11 PM
link   
the words of the Apostle Paul, "Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ" (Col. 2: 8).

Roman Catholicism, on the other hand, places a high value on human reason. Its history shows the consequence of that trust. For example, in the Latin Middle Ages, the 13th century, the theologian-philosopher, Thomas Aquinas, joined "Christianity" with the philosophy of Aristotle. From that period til now, the Latins have never wavered in their respect for human wisdom; and it has radically altered the theology, mysteries and institutions of the Christian religion.

You see, therefore, that one who loves only to spend time enjoying himself and does not think of self-denial and self-sacrifice, but continually wallows in every possible fleshly pleasure and delight is completely un-Orthodox, un-Christian.
Concerning this the great ascetic of Christian antiquity, the Venerable Isaac the Syrian, taught well: "The way of God is a daily cross. No one ascends to heaven living cooly (i.e. comfortably, carefree, pleased with himself, without struggle).
And of the cool path, we know where it ends" (Works, p. 158). This is that "wide and broad way" which, in the words of the Lord Himself, "leadeth to destruction" (Matt. 7:13).

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join