It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The First Wikileaks Revolution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

The First Wikileaks Revolution

wikileaks.foreignpolicy.com

Tunisians didn't need any more reasons to protest when they took to the streets these past weeks -- food prices were rising, corruption was rampant, and unemployment was staggering But we might also count Tunisia as the first time that WikiLeaks pushed people over the brink. These protests are also about the country's utter lack of freedom of expression -- including when it comes to WikiLeaks. Tunisia's government doesn't exactly get a flattering portrayal in the leaked State Department cables.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Wikileaks is making a global impact. They are putting information out that is shaping the future of nations. I believe wikileaks is what they say they are. I believe their motive is to get the truth in the hands of everyone. IMO, wikileaks is one of the most credible news sources out there to date.

wikileaks.foreignpolicy.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by devildogUSMC

AMEN BROTHER, i dont get the assange bashing, wikileaks are vital.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
the jury is still out for me as how i feel about the whole topic. i guess time will tell.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

I hope there are many other people out there who have the same line of thinking you do.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by dainoyfb

sadly people are crying conspiracy, and focusing energy on his personal life, rather than the AMAZING data he has helped release. Thanks for saying that by the way.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
There's already a thread on this here.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by celticgladiator

They have been putting out everything they could get their hands on for years. Only now that finally the MSM has to report to them does all this start. They changed Tunisia. Why would a Cia operation do that?

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   

I remember what Wikileaks was like before it got popular and such... I think they are genuine, or at least were genuine, maybe now they've been bought out or forced out. Time will tell.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   

i'm sorry, i didnt make myself clear, i dont necessarily believe it has anything to do with the CIA or any other alphabet agency. i'm just not sure how i feel about the leaks in general. i'm all about information but to what cost i'm not sure yet.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I just love it when people get told the truth for once and they attack the messenger in defense of the institutions that has been lying to them in some kind of sick Stockholms Syndrome kind of way.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   

They changed Tunisia. Why would a Cia operation do that?

Same reason the CIA put there noses into many other nations around the world, western influence and corporation power.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   

It was the final testament to the brutality of a dictator who has had the support of European leaders and various presidents of the United States.

And that the Tunisian President Zine El-Abedine Ben Ali fled from his country like a rat up a drainpipe after 23 brutal years spoke volumes about the character of the man himself.

Tonight We Are All Tunisians

Absolutely awesome article.

The tables are turning.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Wasnt the tunisia riots organised through anon? I think this is just the start. We have all ready had a little unrest here in the uk, and I think we will see more before the year is out.

top topics

join