It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People without internet only know what the media want them to..!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Hi Peeps...
Speaking to a neighbour yesterday who has no internet, trust me there's a lot of people who are'nt interested in computing, or internet. I was talking to him about all the solar activity, the bird deaths, area 51..among other things. He looked at me gone out..told me i'd been watching too many sci-fi movies..Thats because the tv etc say nothing...its all politics and sport. so my point is how much would we all know without the internet.
Try it for youself..speak to someone who has no internet...they have no idea.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by union_jack

Sad but true, however I find that the same amount of people WITH internet can be just as ignorant to world issues as someone without.
On the same token, the internet is rife with equally redundant information, albeit in a form that is much easier to process and or verify.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I'm 48, youngest of six....3 brothers and 2 sisters, out of those 5, only 1 is on the internet...
your right that net has a lot of dis-info...me personally would be lost without my daily read on the net.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

I feel you on that union.
I personally can not bare to watch television anymore. For some strange reasons I always feel like I'm being lied to...hmmm Wonder why? lol

But I'll agree that when talking to people especially those who don't use the internet for anything more than Facebook, that they are completely lost with world events, conspiracy or otherwise.
But for those completely lacking it I find they usually get most if not all their information from Fox News or the like. I mean why would those reputable news agencies lie right?

Then of course you will be bombarded with the smart ass comments like you received.. "ohh gee, ya know, I think you have been watching to many Sci Fi movies." Or whatever. Sad really.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Thank you, thank you, thank you,thank you!!!!!!

I am 37 yrs old and my dad is 57. I try and I try to talk to him about current events and offer him an alternative point of view since he has no acess to internet. He has always been a very open minded person and in fact is a huge reason I am as open minded as I am. But, you can definately tell when talking to him that he gets ALL of his information about the world he lives in from the MSM.

He has acess to local news papers, Cable T.V., and word of mouth. Surprisingly enough I can even tell where he gets his opinions. He LOVES John Stewart and Steven Colbert because he loves to laugh and appreciated humor and loves to stay informed. So, it's really a perfect combo. Not surprisingly he "coincidentally" has the exact same opinions as they do regarding EVERY SINGLE current event. From 911 to vaccinations to dead birds to The Federal reserve.

Now, he thinks that he arrived at these conclusions all on his own through rational thought and intelligence. But, I have to wonder how you can rest on ANY conclusion without first hearing both sides of the story FROM BOTH SIDES !!!!!

Only having acess to one side is killing our country and the sooner we all get acess to a forum where we can all speak freely the better our chances of freeeing ourselves from our slavery.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   

People who choose not to get or use the internet, probably don't want to know all the crap that is on the net. I know my in laws are included in that category. They could care less. They read the local paper, they watch the news, listen to radio, but don't ever get on the net. No desire to. But they are truly no less plugged in the the news than I am, and I get on the internet every day. There is not a story on the internet that I can't relate to them and they already know what I am talking about, heard it on the news.

I think maybe more information is available on the internet, more sources, but not neccessarily more news. A lot of what you may be considering as 'news' is probably speculative stories or theories.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Internet or not, every person with an average IQ should be able to discern that things are amiss. There is no excuse for being a blind moron...

new topics

top topics

join