It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Palestinian teenager killed by Israeli fire in Gaza Strip

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 04:32 AM
link   
A 16 year old girl was shot in the head by the IDF during a period of time when there were no clashes going on.

story.news.yahoo.com
A 16-year-old Palestinian girl was killed by Israeli fire in the southern Gaza Strip (news - web sites) town of Rafah Saturday, Palestinian medics said.

Halima (eds: correct) Udeh Abu Samahdaneh took a bullet to the head when troops opened fire in the Shabura district of the impoverished town close to the Israeli-controlled border with Egypt, the medics and witnesses said.

Witnesses said it was unclear why the Israeli troops had fired as there were no clashes under way at the time of the shooting.

An Israeli military source said he was unaware of the shooting, but acknowledged that troops had opened fire elsewhere in Rafah after the detonation of a roadside bomb.

The death brought the overall toll since the September 2000 start of the Palestinian intifada, or uprising, to 4,172, including 3,176 Palestinians and 925 Israelis, according to an AFP count.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Ive said it once and Ill say it again the IDF in the West Bank is the reincarnation of the Waffen SS. How a nation that has never allowed us to forget what happened during WWII, can turn the West bank Into the worlds biggest concentration camp is beyond me.

[edit on 10-7-2004 by FredT]

[edit on 10-7-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I hardly think that one person getting killed in this region is newsworthy, muchless atsnn worthy. Do you intend to post a story every time someone dies in this area?

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by spangbr
I hardly think that one person getting killed in this region is newsworthy, muchless atsnn worthy. Do you intend to post a story every time someone dies in this area?

That was inappropriate.

ATSNN covers worldwide current news.
This is indeed ATSNN-worthy.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by spangbr

No but it jives in with previoyus threads about IDF snipers targeting children. That is newsworth.

new topics

top topics

join