It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh hi there, let me introduce myself

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Good Morning everyone (well at least it's morning here in cold, rainy Germany)!

After lurking these forums for about six months or so i decided to finally join this wonderful community.
Why wonderful? As i said, i have been lurking for quite some time now and i like the way things are being discussed here - There are certain rules that apply to everyone and the mods really try to keep the forums clean of trolling or off topic stuff that does not belong there. I have seen communities where there are so many problems that could be easily solved with the help of some good moderators like the ones who work here.
So i decided to leave these wastelands behind and join something that seems to be the right place for me and my (sometimes) strange ideas and theories.

Something about myself:
I am 24 (25 in February) years old and live in a little city called Solingen, Germany.
AT the moment i am writing my doctoral thesis (i hope thats the right term, got it from my dictionary here) in computer sciences - maybe thats why i chose my name... i was thinking about a name that represented myself somehow and that was one of the first things that came to my mind... sounds a little odd but i think it's ok

Hopefully i could tell you enough about my motives and you can understand what i just wrote... if i made some severe mistakes here and you could not understand what i was talking about, feel free to ask.

I think that's it.
See you around

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by digitaltruth

Hi digitaltruth, and welcome to the Introductions Forum of the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

New Rules for Avatars and Mini-ProfileBackgrounds

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

ATS Video Tutorials

Signature Guidelines

Terms & Conditions

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Moderator.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

god morning digitaltruth,its a rainy morning here in northern ireland too,good to have you on board and i hope you have fun while you're here.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Welcome to the forums!! This is the forum I have been frequenting for the longest amount of time, not least because of what you mentioned. I like the wide variety of people we get on these forums. We have alot of two-sided conversations here and I think is a must for any forum that deals with this particular subject matter. You'll find people with a passion for certain subjects who are extremely knowledgeable, regardless of their "recognized" qualifications. The mods do a fantastic job.

I also tried to pick a name that represented my personality
I think yours suits you fine! You're the same age as me, coincidentally.

By the way, your English is very, very good. I don't think you'll have a problem being understood.

edit on 15-1-2011 by SerialLurker because: (no reason given)

[Mod Edit - Replaced unnecessary quote with Reply To Tab]
edit on 15/1/2011 by Sauron because: removed quote

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I hope you enjoy your time here and it does not interfere with your studies too much. There are a lot of interesting and complex topics around and it does help getting some smart and intelligent conservation on them to try and make some sense of it. Good luck with your studies and will probably see you around on the threads.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Thank you for your warm welcome here.
I am really looking forward to finding some answers to certain questions here.
Or at least some inspiration to find answers for myself, even when people won't agree with me.

And no, this will not interfere with any of my studies. Even though i enjoy reading the forums when sitting somewhere on the campus when i should work
sometimes i just need a break to think clearly again.

See you around.

edit on 16-1-2011 by digitaltruth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join