It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thomas Jefferson supports YOU!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Quote by TJ himself...

The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it always to be kept alive.
- Thomas Jefferson

Sounds like he possibly knew things would get out of hand. Too bad now-a-days resisting the government will just get you locked up or fined...

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

Since the day I entered the US I was aware of this certain American inclination to reject authoritarianism. This, among many reasons, is why I feel right at home. America has a rich tradition of telling government to go straight to hell, and I can't help but love that.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
America for sure needs a reboot.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

it was like that, but now it seems like "We the people" have no power. I get the impression that my vote means nothing, and my representative and congressman, dont give a rats ass about me or my opinion. Thats how it seems to me anyways.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

You don't get the changes you want through government. We have to change how we see ourselves, and we need to focus on what is truly valuable to us as individuals. Only then will we change society as a whole to something a little more free, with a bit more opportunity.

We can't legislate world peace, hell we can't legislate peace in the streets.
We can't legislate away hunger or homelessness either.

We can do our part to reduce it, to address these issues as they come while keeping one thing in mind, without liberty we have nothing.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

Hey, can I add a quote?

Hillary Clinton "I'm sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and disagree with this administration, somehow you're not patriotic. We need to stand up and say we're Americans, and we have the right to debate and disagree with any administration."

COMPLETELY a partisan attack, but on the same wavelength. Just not as good as a Thomas Jefferson quote.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Unless he's president.

new topics

top topics

join