It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meditation diary

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Hi
I'm totally new to meditation and i'm thinking of starting a meditaion diary .
Does anybody have one of these ?
I need a little advice as to what form this diary should take , what should I include/omit type of thing ?

I would like to track my progress , so any advice will be most appreciated

Regards

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Meditation is different for everyone, some use it to recollect their thoughts of the day, others to find their inner energy, some do it because it makes them drowsy (best used for bed time lol). Depending on what your doing it for and how you do it will determine what you write. For instance if you clear your mind and just take deep breaths and allow random thoughts to enter your mind, then write down that thought and then push it back out, and repeat it until you have completed your meditation, then you could look over it and see what your subconscious is trying to tell you. I for one have a special place in my mind i go to when i meditate. I sit on a rock, in the middle of a body of water beside the water fall, i think of nothing else, i try to get so in tune i can actually hear the water fall, and often i get there, i use this to de-stress and clear the world out of my mind, so therefore i don't use a journal as i try not to let the thoughts of the world bother me at that time, its my sweet escape. I hope i may have provided you some useful ideas, good luck on your meditation journey!

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by gandalphthegrey

Journaling is a good way of exercising and improving your memory.

Personally, I meditate everyday, at least for an hour, sometimes 3 or more. Personally, I keep a very intricate journal of feelings, current events, and dreams that i can remember - but i do not document my meditational experience. I attribute my sometimes ridiculous good memory (remembering where i was on a day 2 years ago yes) to my journaling, and to my meditation.

If you feel it is right to journal your meditations, then do not let anyone tell you otherwise. For myself though, things happen when you calm your thoughts that (personally) cannot be documented by mere ink and pen. People that read it (or yourself) will not be able to understand them. If i may suggest, keep your inner experience to yourself, and may you be enlightened with every sit.

Let your conscience be your guide

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thesickness
Meditation is different for everyone, some use it to recollect their thoughts of the day, others to find their inner energy, some do it because it makes them drowsy (best used for bed time lol). Depending on what your doing it for and how you do it will determine what you write. For instance if you clear your mind and just take deep breaths and allow random thoughts to enter your mind, then write down that thought and then push it back out, and repeat it until you have completed your meditation, then you could look over it and see what your subconscious is trying to tell you. I for one have a special place in my mind i go to when i meditate. I sit on a rock, in the middle of a body of water beside the water fall, i think of nothing else, i try to get so in tune i can actually hear the water fall, and often i get there, i use this to de-stress and clear the world out of my mind, so therefore i don't use a journal as i try not to let the thoughts of the world bother me at that time, its my sweet escape. I hope i may have provided you some useful ideas, good luck on your meditation journey!

Thank you so much for your imformative reply .

Regards

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by survival

Thank you , Survival

new topics

top topics

join