It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Portable EMP Generators

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I was surfing just now and cam accross a we site that has plans for and sells / rents EMP generators. One as high as 1.8 gigawatts (Thats what marty McFLy used in BTTF
)

Anybody other there know how much disruption a generator of that size would cause? A room? A Car? What?

www.amazing1.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 05:41 AM
link   
I'm not sure how big the field of that generator would be but they wouldn't sell anything online that would take out a city so it probably isn't that big anyone know how strong 1.8 gigawats is?

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
I'm not sure how big the field of that generator would be but they wouldn't sell anything online that would take out a city so it probably isn't that big anyone know how strong 1.8 gigawats is?

It seems to be directional. I doubt it would take down a city. But what about say someones car or the electronics in a room?

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 09:56 PM
link   
NEVER ever ever buy anything from information unlimited or amazing1.com or whatever, they do not tell the truth, and they ship you their brokent products, and if you send it back, they charge RESTOCKING fees on a DEFECTIVE ITEM! Besides, most of the stuff on that site isn't what it claims, most of the stuff is not for real. It may seem too good to be true. You should not follow their plans, either, you could hurt yourself, HERF EMP is high energy radio frequency which is also known as microwaves! You can cook yourself, and it will make you sterile. It can kill you. People hurt themselve alot on stuff from their. My advice is, if you can't build it by your own knowledge,you probably don't know how it works. If you don't know how it works, you will not know how to operate it safely, repair it safely, or be safe with others, so you shouldn't use it. The high power capacitors used can blow chunks or limbs off of you, if they are real.
1.8 gigawatts is a LOT. That is 1.8 Billion Joules per second, and there is no way to store and release 1.8 Billion Joules. It is probably 400 joules for one 22 millionth of a second, and less than 1 joule can kill you, although the chances are very slim.
So, in short, never buy from amazing1.com, also known as Information Unlimited. It is a scam, they have lies I can easily spot on their website. I just don't want you or anyone else getting hurt.

P.S. Sorry if I repeated myself! Just didn't want you getting hurt.

Also, it probably doesn't work, if I haven't already warned you.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 10:32 PM
link   
well it might be able to stuff up a house or 2 noving bigger then a 50 metre radius?

it depends how much its charged?

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Ok that was enough proof for me never to by any emp generator I mean it can make you sterile no thanx don't want the generators anymore

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Hey all, just a quickie, in Back to the future, it's 1.21 Gigawatts (pronounced Jiggawatts - dunno why)

Nice info about EMP device, might get one for work for when I want a day off....

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Ok that was enough proof for me never to by any emp generator I mean it can make you sterile no thanx don't want the generators anymore

I really wasn't n the market for one. But you would never know when it would come in handy. Maybe when you use it you can line your shorts with aluminium

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
that amount of power could in thoery destroy a tank

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I know of a way to create a portable EMP device that has the potential to take out a few city blocks using a couple car batteries and a very good capacitor. It has to be timed perfect in the Nanosecond range. I do not have the ability/means at this time to create one, but I would like to partner up with someone who might have the financial / material means to assist me. Basically take the Energy Potential of the 2 car batteries into a capacitor and then fully discharge the capacitor in less than a few nanoseconds. The technology for such a percise discharge is just now becoming available.

I have many practical ideas for focused energy Weapons that with the right team and financial / Material resources I can produce. I have been reluctant to come forward in the past for obvious reasons, and I have also had a number of my ideas stolen. One of which was for a short time being developed by DARPA shortly after sharing it with my ex-wife's uncle, who I later learned works for a Naval Research Facility in California connected with DARPA. The Energy weapon was Tank mounted and abandoned when it was found to be too large to be portable and consumed too much energy to be used in the field.

In time I may post contact information for those serious in assisting my research. I will be conducting interviews and putting together a team as soon as I am ready. I am also looking for a Partner that is Extremely knowledgable about Focused Energy devices and any (Promising) unaffiliated Scientists / Researchers in associated fields to assist me in putting together a team. I was told that this site would be one of my best bets in finding such a person. Any leads would be greatly appreciated and I will check this thread periodically for any postings concerning this. I am hoping what I heard about this site is true.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Now try not to quate me here cos it was something that I heard off a bloke in a pub... (now that is a priceless caveat if there ever was one
)

any was he said that the british police were experimenting / considering portable EPM for their high performance pursuit cars. The idea being that no modern cars can operate without the electrics and wot nots attached to the engine.

Now it was not a great idea for them as they could not get it accurate enough - there could be other cars that could be affected, maybe the breaking systems on the target car?? Also the engine (usually at the front) is pretty well shielded from behind by the body of the car.

Not to mention the police car is packed with expensive kit that could be damaged and the actual chances of using it did not match up with the cost of development - the idea was dropped pretty quickly.

Like I said that was pub talk - but interesting none the less.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
I was surfing just now and cam accross a we site that has plans for and sells / rents EMP generators. One as high as 1.8 gigawatts (Thats what marty McFLy used in BTTF
)

Anybody other there know how much disruption a generator of that size would cause? A room? A Car? What?

www.amazing1.com...

The military use these type of devices to counter IEDs. They are directional and portable ones have a range of about 15m in a 45 degree arc.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixPhylum

Ok i am not at the moment very knolagable on the subject of focused energy weapons... but it is one of the many things i had intended to design and make, as inventing and such is a childhood passion of mine, i have yet to have a partner, but you sound like a good posibility. do not worry about me not know a great deal about this project as i am one who can commit and learn a lot fast, trust me on this. (sorry i have terrible grammar and spelling as im dyslexic but do not let that deter you) if you would like to talk more reply to this or add me on msn which is [email protected] thanks for your time and consideration.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
For more info on EMP's see this post and this post

top topics

join