It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by anumohi
when i was 12 years old my child psychologist prescribed me cigarettes through his acting psychiatrist, for the calming affect, other than the use of chemical drugs, and my parents signed off and Ive been addicted ever since. this is the influences of big tobacco and big pharm. i personally feel that they should pay me $100,000 for every year ive smoked, plus pay to get me smoke free.
Originally posted by SyphonX
You're inhaling and exhaling actual smoke. Into your lungs. When would this ever be a good idea?
Originally posted by anumohi
reply to post by Lansky
they're all long dead, I'm over 50 now so i cant really go anywhere with that
Originally posted by Beyond Creation
Two sides to every coin (tounge-in-cheek)..
* You will always have something to do with your hands.
* To avoid headaches later in the day, always have a cigarette first thing in the morning.
* If you work with explosives, you have a handy method of lighting the fuse.
* Smoking is a good career move if you want early retirement and would like to use up your sick leave.
* On New Years Eve you don't have to go out to the fireworks. Just dip your cigarette into a jar of ground up sparklers.
* Amuse your friends and be the life of the party by blowing smoke rings.
* Always discard your butts in flower pots and garden beds as it helps fertilise the plants and keeps insects away.
* Occasional house fires will help keep firemen employed.
* By buying cigarettes from corner stores, you help support local businesses and help retain the fabric of our society.
* At the beach, children can use the butts to decorate their sand castles.
* Annoy neighbours you don't like by staying home and smoking heavily.
* You will always have a good reason for loitering - "Officer, I'm just having a cigarette".
* Always smoke when you are pregnant. Your smoking helps the unborn baby prepare for the air pollution in the real world.
* When your neighbour's kids are too noisy, trigger their asthma by breathing smoke on them.
* By smoking heavily, you get out of boring work and will have plenty of short breaks during the day.
* Develop your cool image and fun-loving personality by being a smoker. Non-smoking is for wimps and wusses.
* You will have a good reason to paint the ceilings every three years.
* Why celebrate world no-tobacco day once a year, when every day can be celebrated as a pro-tobacco day.
* You will know when it's time to throw out your old lounge suite by the number of burn marks.
* Smoking is an adult custom. Add years to how old you look by smoking heavily.
* If you run out of smokes late at night, help the taxi industry by getting them to deliver your smokes to the door.
* You can demand more services and benefits from the government because you have paid more in taxes.
* Help keep the bush fire brigades trained and ready for any emergency by throwing lighted butts from your car window.
* Keep your weight down by smoking cigarettes instead of eating them.
Originally posted by keelan55
Smoking is turning into a real problem.Smoking is one of the worst thinges you can do because it damages you're body.I really don't know why some people smoke all it does is pumps chemicals into you're body and Damages you're lungs along with other thinges But, once you smoke it is hard to quit the habit.If people want to smoke and risk there long term health then that's fine with me but,smoking has consquences.
Originally posted by Jinglelord
I'm surprised that on a website such as this nobody has brought up the possibility that this study is false...
I don't believe Cigarettes are as bad for a person as we are being led to believe. What we don't hear because we aren't listening is that lung cancer, emphysema, and other ailments associated with smoking are really showing a very small percentage increase among smokers. Big pharm and the other AMA would have you believe that 100% of smokers wind up dead because of smoking.
In addition the statistics about the number of people who die every year due to smoking have to be complete BS. How do they know? They don't.
Again, I am disappointed. I certainly hope for your sakes you don't listen to the medical establishment blindly in other issues...
Biological contaminants include bacteria, molds, mildew, viruses, animal dander and cat saliva, house dust, mites, cockroaches, and pollen (see more about Asthma triggers at www.epa.gov/asthma). There are many sources of these pollutants. Pollens originate from plants; viruses are transmitted by people and animals; bacteria are carried by people, animals, and soil and plant debris; and household pets are sources of saliva and animal dander. The protein in urine from rats and mice is a potent allergen. When it dries, it can become airborne. Contaminated central air handling systems can become breeding grounds for mold, mildew, and other sources of biological contaminants and can then distribute these contaminants through the home.
n homes, the most significant sources of formaldehyde are likely to be pressed wood products made using adhesives that contain urea-formaldehyde (UF) resins. Pressed wood products made for indoor use include: particleboard (used as sub-flooring and shelving and in cabinetry and furniture); hardwood plywood paneling (used for decorative wall covering and used in cabinets and furniture); and medium density fiberboard (used for drawer fronts, cabinets, and furniture tops). Medium density fiberboard contains a higher resin-to-wood ratio than any other UF pressed wood product and is generally recognized as being the highest formaldehyde-emitting pressed wood product.
Exposure to radon in the home is responsible for an estimated 20,000 lung cancer deaths each year. Radon is a health hazard with a simple solution. Read "A Citizen's Guide to Radon".
EPA's Office of Research and Development's "Total Exposure Assessment Methodology (TEAM) Study" (Volumes I through IV, completed in 1985) found levels of about a dozen common organic pollutants to be 2 to 5 times higher inside homes than outside, regardless of whether the homes were located in rural or highly industrial areas. TEAM studies indicated that while people are using products containing organic chemicals, they can expose themselves and others to very high pollutant levels, and elevated concentrations can persist in the air long after the activity is completed.
Natural tobacco is a medical herb. It can be used and smoked without much concern.
However, industrial tobacco is laced with countless dangerous toxic chemicals. Many of them to increase the addictive qualities and increase sales.
Originally posted by liejunkie01
Quick, lets bring in the, I do not like what you are doing, so lets make it illegal police.