It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why 'The Professional Left' Hates the Tea Party

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
What is the Professional Left? Can you define, please?

Originally posted by EssenSieMich
As the average person on the left is young, ignorant, and less educated

How this post is not seen as political trolling, I don't understand.

The story of 'my grandfather' is a fictional example to illustrate how easily facts can be spun to create an emotional response in any target audience

Your post serves to do that quite nicely. The fictional story of your grandfather wasn't necessary.

...all of the facts can be found right here on ATS and there are countless people ready to help you reach enlightenment.

If "enlightenment" is what prompted you to write this uncivil and aggressive thread, I think I'll pass.

Originally posted by beezzer
The Tea Party is made of of a variety of folks. There is no central message or voice.

Isn't that true of every group, including the "professional left" (whatever that means)?

Read my other thread on those views. Simply not true.

But unfortunately, you do not speak for the Tea Party as a whole. Each group has it's principles and some of them are very much anti-gay and pro-religion.

Tea Tarty Patriots

2. I believe in God and He is the Center of my Life.
4. The family is sacred. My spouse and I are the ultimate authority, not the government.

That last one is code for "no gay marriage".

My opinion is that the left should LOVE the Tea Party. They split the Republican vote and guarantee a Democratic win. The left should embrace the existence of the Tea Party.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Maybe I should be the voice for the Tea Party.

I'm sure you don't speak for all liberals. Is Rosie O'Donnell your spokesman? LOL

But when one Tea Party person says something, we are immediatlly painted with that same broad brush.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Maybe I should be the voice for the Tea Party.

If you were, I'd wager there wouldn't be so much anger leveled toward them.

I'm sure you don't speak for all liberals. Is Rosie O'Donnell your spokesman?

As I have told you, I'm not a liberal. I have some liberal and some conservative opinions. My opinions are based on ISSUES, not political sides. Knowing this, I don't see why you would insinuate that I am a liberal or that Rosie speaks for me. I don't even know her political leanings. But no one speaks for me. I speak for myself.

But when one Tea Party person says something, we are immediatlly painted with that same broad brush.

And what is the OP doing? Is he not painting all liberals with the same broad brush? Did you not just assume that because I am arguing with the OP that I am a liberal and paint me with the same brush?

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Unlike OP, I will state UPFRONT that the following is a fictionalized account in order to mislead. Despite the ATS mantra of denying ignorance, I'll fight Ignorance with Ignorance.

Perhaps we should consider, more aptly, why "The Right" hates "The Left."

The Left tends to be:

More intelligent
Happier
Lactose tolerant
More spiritual
Better Looking
Healthier and under weight due to Yoga
Lucky enough to get the better job, spouse
Cavity free

This tends to infuriate those on the right, most of which have exceeded their "Tattoo-to-Tooth" ratio.

And now a nice little story......

I was once at a supermarket parking lot when I saw a puppy sitting in a truck with the windows rolled up in 90 degree heat. The puppy was in distress and panting heavily and crying. The truck had a "Don't Tread on Me" bumper sticker along with an obligatory McCain-Palin one. As I was about to breakout a window, the owner arrived and said it was his puppy, his truck and his country and he could do damned well as he pleased.

Once again pure satire in spirit of OP.

edit on 16-1-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Point taken.

Though the "professional left" does have spokesmen and people that speak for them.

Many profess to speak for the Tea Party, but I recognize no central authority.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

But you aren't really speaking like a TEA Partier, your ideal of less government basically just describes a minimalist. Not exactly what the TEA Party as a whole stands for.

Not everyone really fits in perfectly with the standards and practices of a political party. Not all Republicans really want to invade every country blowing large holes in everything that isn't American. Conversely, not all Democrats smoke pot and hug trees.

What I listed above, were concepts that Sarah Palin and Glenn Beck have endorsed, who have identified themselves as voices of the TEA Party. So, when these people endorse and propagate these ideals in the name of the TEA Party, as defacto leaders and the public voice of the TEA Party, it becomes the policy of the TEA Party.

Just like when Rush Limbaugh says something, it becomes the policy of the Republican party, or when Carl Rove wants to put Julian Assange, an Australian born person who isn't a citizen of the United States for treason, as a voice of the Republican party, that becomes the overall policy of the GOP.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
The Tea Party is actually quite a minor movement but is propped up by the corporate media to make it look like there is a credible opposition to Obama for ratings (profit) purposes. Nothing like conflict to boost them ratings! The Teabaggers movement is corporately founded and funded for the sole purpose of protecting corporate interests. It's got nothing to do with freedom, nothing to do with rights. It's all about corporations and billionaires creating a movement of legitimately angry people, and then turning that anger away from where it should be directed at (Corporate America), towards essential government programs that help society's most vulnerable. The grassroots level of the movement is so void of intelligence and filled with fear that it's hard to pity them for being played like pawns.
edit on 16-1-2011 by kimar because: spelling

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by beezzer

But you aren't really speaking like a TEA Partier, your ideal of less government basically just describes a minimalist. Not exactly what the TEA Party as a whole stands for.

Not everyone really fits in perfectly with the standards and practices of a political party. Not all Republicans really want to invade every country blowing large holes in everything that isn't American. Conversely, not all Democrats smoke pot and hug trees.

What I listed above, were concepts that Sarah Palin and Glenn Beck have endorsed, who have identified themselves as voices of the TEA Party. So, when these people endorse and propagate these ideals in the name of the TEA Party, as defacto leaders and the public voice of the TEA Party, it becomes the policy of the TEA Party.

Just like when Rush Limbaugh says something, it becomes the policy of the Republican party, or when Carl Rove wants to put Julian Assange, an Australian born person who isn't a citizen of the United States for treason, as a voice of the Republican party, that becomes the overall policy of the GOP.

But I am a Tea Partier. I attended rallys. I helped get a republican incumbent out of office. Heck, Bob Bennett even called me AT HOME to try to convince us to support him, he lost!!!
I like Palin, I even like Beck, but they don't speak for me or for us. They can themselves chilli cheese dogs (sorry, hungry) for all I care.

I am just one voice of Tea Party. But don't marginalize me bcause I don't fit into the picture the MSM portrays me to be.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by kimar
The Tea Party is actually quite a minor movement but is propped up by the corporate media to make it look like there is a credible opposition to Obama for ratings (profit) purposes. Nothing like conflict to boost them ratings! The Teabaggers movement is corporately founded and funded for the sole purpose of protecting corporate interests. It's got nothing to do with freedom, nothing to do with rights. It's all about corporations and billionaires creating a movement of legitimately angry people, and then turning that anger away from where it should be directed at (Corporate America), towards essential government programs that help society's most vulnerable. The grassroots level of the movement is so void of intelligence and filled with fear that it's hard to pity them for being played like pawns.
edit on 16-1-2011 by kimar because: spelling

Wrong. We are not funded by anyone. And I resent being called a teabagger, and void of intelligence.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Terrible stereotypes of women, Jews, Islam, Hispanics and black organizations.

second line

edit on 16-1-2011 by Kaploink because: removed Archie Bunker comment

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

It's interesting you speak of personal responsibility.

Then why does the right and tea party not take responsibility for its second amendment solutions? Instead they wish to blame the left for everything bad that ever happens....

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
Unlike OP, I will state UPFRONT that the following is a fictionalized account in order to mislead. Despite the ATS mantra of denying ignorance, I'll fight Ignorance with Ignorance.

Perhaps we should consider, more aptly, why "The Right" hates "The Left."

The Left tends to be:

More intelligent
Happier
Lactose tolerant
More spiritual
Better Looking
Healthier and under weight due to Yoga
Lucky enough to get the better job, spouse
Cavity free

The progressive left despite being only about 20% at most has aquired almost complete cultural hegemony in education and the media among others - you don't suppose that for all of your life - you have been marinaded in the images, feelings and ideas that they wish you to have!? - no of course not, they have done their job so well that it simply seems self-evident to you!

They have done exactly the same here in the UK - only more so!

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
reply to post by beezzer

It's interesting you speak of personal responsibility.

Then why does the right and tea party not take responsibility for its second amendment solutions? Instead they wish to blame the left for everything bad that ever happens....

Can you elaborate? Do you mean gun issues? And blame should only go to the parties responsible.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Wrong. We are not funded by anyone.

Then who pays for this baby?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b4b8331239b6.jpg[/atsimg]

I suspect I have a clue:

Chessik said that the well-funded rallies show how the GOP is trying to co-opt what is essentially a grassroots movement.

For Maury Petrehn, the bus tour provides a more secure arrangement. The Tea Party Express hired the veteran hot air balloonist to truck his monumental bird balloon 1,700 miles from his home in Olathe, Kans., to rallies in Reno and Las Vegas. The political organization paid his travel expenses, plus a "several thousand dollar fee," he said.

SOURCE

In fairness the article does point out there is some distancing from the violent rhetoric. It is a decent and objective read. I was just wondering who pays for that 7mpg bus.

Also I think the core principles of TPM are valid but they've become hi-jacked and marginalized by the likes of Dick Armey's group Freedom Works et al. Hence the term "Astroturfing."
edit on 16-1-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

The progressive left despite being only about 20% at most has aquired almost complete cultural hegemony in education and the media among others - you don't suppose that for all of your life - you have been marinaded in the images, feelings and ideas that they wish you to have!? - no of course not, they have done their job so well that it simply seems self-evident to you!

Of course, because we are always talking about those lefty commentators like Hannity, Rush, Oreilly, Beck here on ATS. Those leftwingers sure dominate the media on every channel.

This is how their insidious programming works. They make you think that you are part of some minority, and get you riled up over your "loss of freedoms" and your "unheard opinion" when you the one that is shouting the loudest.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

I never got a ride *sob*
No one funded me or my group. Never even asked for a dime.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by aching_knuckles

Of course, because we are always talking about those lefty commentators like Hannity, Rush, Oreilly, Beck here on ATS. Those leftwingers sure dominate the media on every channel.

This is how their insidious programming works. They make you think that you are part of some minority, and get you riled up over your "loss of freedoms" and your "unheard opinion" when you the one that is shouting the loudest.

You are fortunate in the US to have ONE non leftist CABLE news channel - and a couple of talk radio hosts - though I believe even that is far too much choice for the leftists - especially as they are gaining viewers at a phenominal rate as leftist media viewership declines.

The progressive lefts stranglehold on Hollywood is even worse.

In the UK - it is wall to wall PC everywhere except for a couple of gatekeeper newspapers

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
The Tea party canard regarding small or smaller government can be a reasonable issue though in a modern age with a country of 300 million plus the question arises what can constitute a “small” or “smaller” government that can serve that amount of population.

Recently in the East here there have been snow storms that caused serious problems when there were fewer workers to man the snow plows . . . then people were not complaining about smaller government when they couldn't get their cars off the street becasue they were buried under snow!

I think the greater issue is to foster an intelligent and honest government. This is something we can strive for and eliminate waste in government consumption.

But smaller government is a term that really has to be defined. Smaller then what? Where do we draw the line? How much does it take to serve the people?

What happens when after all the tax cuts for the rich and the budget cuts we no longer have good police work and our children are subject to child molesters or our wives raped. Then the firemen and ambulance stops showing up in a timely fashion and our houses burn down and grandpa dies of a heart attack because the ambulance is too late?

What happens when the bridges and roads starts to fail such as the disaster in Minnesota.

The engineers have been warning us for decades that the infrastructure in America is near collapse.

So lets ask the Tea partiers who always complain about paying taxes and smaller government what happens when the above-like scenarios occur and we have cut government so much that you child is in jeopardy or your house burns down or your relative dies because there is no more money for services for the community.

I imagine then it becomes

Every man for himself

Then we have anarchy and worse

Is that what you want?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join