Why is this thread closed?

page: 1
4

log in

join

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I was replying in this thread but a mod closed this thread. Did this violate any terms and conditions? The TS in this thread is actually asking why his old thread (about the abolition of the Fed) was closed. Now even his thread asking why his old thread was closed was also closed.

Btw, this thread did not violate any terms and conditions so this should not be closed.
Link




posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
this is exactly what i was saying in another thread , it seems when sensitive info is passed on here it getrs deleted why??? is this site not about getting too the truth, it seems that its about getting too one point of view



posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I feel banhammers. Thor?



posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by wavemaker
 


Those videos link to a petition, which violates this part of the T&C:


15e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:

i) You will not use your membership in the Websites for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

ii) You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to collect or ask for the personal information (data mining) about forum members, including email addresses and "real life" names, in any manner whatsoever, or for any reason whatsoever.

iii) You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to solicit members of the Websites on behalf of another message board, online community or competitor. You will not attempt to use your membership to encourage or lure other members in any way to other websites or discussion boards in competition with TAN. Doing so will result in removal of your Post(s) and immediate termination of your account.


source

That would be my guess.

~Heff



posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I thought recruitment might have something to do with it. Now we are free to discuss suing the Federal Reserve as part of a class action suit. Just let the reader discover how to do it on his own instead of providing links that lead to something could be construed as recruitment and the like.



posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by wavemaker
 


Those videos link to a petition, which violates this part of the T&C:


15e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:

i) You will not use your membership in the Websites for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

ii) You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to collect or ask for the personal information (data mining) about forum members, including email addresses and "real life" names, in any manner whatsoever, or for any reason whatsoever.

iii) You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to solicit members of the Websites on behalf of another message board, online community or competitor. You will not attempt to use your membership to encourage or lure other members in any way to other websites or discussion boards in competition with TAN. Doing so will result in removal of your Post(s) and immediate termination of your account.


source

That would be my guess.

~Heff

The first thread of that TS might have violated the terms and conditions but not his second thread asking for explanations why his original thread was closed.



posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by wavemaker
 


So instead of closing an interesting thread why not simply get a Mod to edit out the offending links????

It's not like Mods/Admin can't or don't do that in other threads....



posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by wavemaker
 


I'm just guessing, as I don't have any inside information, but what little I saw, just from the video stills, was references to an a class action lawsuit, which would be a T&C no-no.

There are other factors which might come into play, including copyright issues, etc.

But I truly don't know.

The one thing that is certain, the OP of both threads was sent a U2U explaining why their thread was closed. And they are free to reply to the mod who closed the thread, as well as using the complain function to bring in other mods if they feel they've been singled out or unfairly actioned by the mod who closed the thread.

T&C prevents ATS from telling any of us why the thread was closed. But the OPs know.

~Heff



posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
I thought recruitment might have something to do with it. Now we are free to discuss suing the Federal Reserve as part of a class action suit. Just let the reader discover how to do it on his own instead of providing links that lead to something could be construed as recruitment and the like.

Very good idea! The idea on how to sue the Fed can be discussed freely in this thread but no one should recruit anyone. Let them find out the links to those videos.



posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
i predict this thread closing in 10 minutes lol



posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by wavemaker
 


So instead of closing an interesting thread why not simply get a Mod to edit out the offending links????

It's not like Mods/Admin can't or don't do that in other threads....

I would like to hear the reply of the mods to your query.



posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack
 


If the videos themselves were recruitment devices, then they would not be within T&C. And, as I recall, without those videos, neither OP would have made sense at all. It's hard to edit things out when the whole subject, technically, violates the rules.

I would be like trying to edit an adult film into a form that could run on Disney... there would be about 2 minutes of movie left.

~Heff



posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Thread closings and removals are not discussed publicly as mentioned in the other thread.

Thread closed.



posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
As it has been previously pointed out above, the original thread was in violation of against the Terms and Conditions every member agreed to abide by when registering as a member with ATS.

Specifically this part:


15e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:

i) You will not use your membership in the Websites for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

ii) You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to collect or ask for the personal information (data mining) about forum members, including email addresses and "real life" names, in any manner whatsoever, or for any reason whatsoever.

iii) You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to solicit members of the Websites on behalf of another message board, online community or competitor. You will not attempt to use your membership to encourage or lure other members in any way to other websites or discussion boards in competition with TAN. Doing so will result in removal of your Post(s) and immediate termination of your account.


As you all can plainly see, we don't allow recruitment or solicitation of any kind on this site. Hope that helps.




new topics
top topics
 
4

log in

join