It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Stomps off Stage Upset

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Apparently The President G.W.Bush walk out during a media briefing Thursday according to a report posted on the website Capitol Hill blue
Turns out George got visibly upset by reporters when they asked him about his relationship with Enron executive Kenneth Lay. He stomped off the stage and left Scott McClellan to continue with the briefing.
www.capitolhillblue.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

More at
Capitol Hill Blue

IMHO Bushies world is starting to fall apart

[edit on 11-7-2004 by Sauron]

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 03:30 AM
link   
So, I guess George Bush wants us to feel sorry for him? Geez, this guy is like a little kid. I've never heard of anything intelligent coming from the mouth of or actions of Bush Jr. Well, actually all politicians for that matter!!!

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I don't think that was very wise. It implied that he is easily rattled and couldn't think of a decent reply.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ravenna
I don't think that was very wise. It implied that he is easily rattled and couldn't think of a decent reply.

More to the point, when he left CAlifornians out to try when we were being raped by Enron during the energy crisis, he gave alot of creedence to this relationship

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 04:46 AM
link   
I did not see this media briefing personally. Here are a few quesses what was on Bush's mind:

1: Bush, not one of my favorite people, has possibly had enough.

2: Perhaps Bush was advised not to answer any direct questions from the media, saw the direction of the questioning and decided to forgo the meeting. A possible explanation is anything he said would implicate himself.

3: Personal crisis we aren't privy to. (Doesn't he wear an ear piece?)

4: He should have taken an Imodium since "you never know where you'll be when the diarrhea kicks in......"

5: He's fallen off the wagon and his drink was ready.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Is it possible there is going to be a new water gate scandal? or did he just get mad because he was inturupted from a topic he was talking about this was the first I heard of this

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by mako0956
4: He should have taken an Imodium since "you never know where you'll be when the diarrhea kicks in......"

You know as silly as it sounds... that does look like the poopy pants dance.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 06:44 AM
link   
anyone have a link to a video of this? bush... i mean... why? i've said this before in other threads, and i'll say it again.. he needs to watch 'prime ministers question time' and learn what leadership is about. hint: you DEAL with critics- not depend on the media to do it for you and then walk out or repeat the same lines like a mantra when things get too hot.

-koji K.

[edit on 10-7-2004 by koji_K]

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by mako0956

5: He's fallen off the wagon and his drink was ready.

rofl.......

"Where's Monica?!"

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by koji_K
anyone have a link to a video of this? bush... i mean... why? i've said this before in other threads, and i'll say it again.. he needs to watch 'prime ministers question time' and learn what leadership is about. hint: you DEAL with critics- not depend on the media to do it for you and then walk out or repeat the same lines like a mantra when things get too hot.

-koji K.

[edit on 10-7-2004 by koji_K]

Iv'e been going through C-Span site but so far nada on any video links I will keep looking

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 09:51 AM
link   
What do you mean? Our great command-in-chief is really a pathetic, lying baby-criminal? Say it ain't so...

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I've ben half expecting something like this, or where he suddenly freezes on live TV an cracks up. He's looked close few times.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   
he is a moron, he should be treated accordingly

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Here�s another article about Mr. Bush turning his back on reporters
Quote from the Business Telegraph, Mr. Bush walked away from a media briefing, refusing to answer questions about Mr. Lay a close adviser dubbed �Kenny Boy� by the President

this is going to be an interesting year after all, I look forward to see all these clowns go down
Bush turns his back on Enron questions

Bush to Lay: What was you name again?
So here we have Bush trying to let on he barely new Ken Lay
Bush was born with a sliver foot in his mouth and he has stuck it right back in
The Nation

If you believe President Bush, Kenneth Lay--one of his top financial backers and his "good friend"--was merely an equal-opportunity corrupter of our political system, buying off Democrats and Republicans as needed. It is a convenient claim designed to unlink Bush from the biggest bankruptcy in US history.
But, as the good ol' boys in Texas--and now Bush spokesman Ari Fleisher--like to say, "That dog won't hunt."
After Bush the elder's defeat in 1992, the ties between Enron and the Bush camp grew even stronger. In March 1993, Enron hired Bush's Commerce secretary, Robert A. Mosbacher, and his secretary of State, James A. Baker III, to line up contracts for Enron around the world. As Enron's representative, Baker--later George W.'s Florida election strategist--even went on a trip accompanying the ex-President to Kuwait to do big business in the nation Bush had fought the Gulf War to save.
The trip was criticized by Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf, who said that he had turned down millions in proffered deals to do business in Kuwait after the war.
"I represent 540,000 American men and women, not some private company," said Schwarzkopf. "They were willing to die in Kuwait. Why should I profit from their sacrifice?"

[edit on 10-7-2004 by Sauron]

[edit on 10-7-2004 by Sauron]

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thorfinn Skullsplitter
What do you mean? Our great command-in-chief is really a pathetic, lying baby-criminal? Say it ain't so...

I am appalled at the lack of respect for the office of president of the United States garners in the media and here. This kind of hate speech is counterproductive to any kind of valid debate of issues or even of character. Junior high name calling simply shows immaturity and the inabilty articulate ones point rationally. Even when President Clinton was defaming the office of President with his perjury and infidelity a certain measure of respect and decorum was due to him. Granted there were detractors who did not give him that lattitude and they were as wrong as TS for it. We are on a slippery slope indeed when the highest office in our nation garners no respect from the people of the nation. That respect must be the foundation of the rule of law in our nation. If a man is a pathetic lying criminal then impeach him first to remove the office from the man before you start trashing him. Otherwise you trash yourself and everyone else in the USA. You want to critisize policy fine, question character based on fact? Fine. But do not stoop to degrading generalizations that belittle both the man and the office of President. It is like throwing mud in your livingroom. You will eventually have to clean up the mess you have thrown.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I choose to look at this as typical Bush behavior after all as a young man and a member of the skull and Bones society he got 7 or 8 years of hard drinking and dope smoking under his belt followed by a 10 year drinking spree and probably nose candy too! I am suprised he has any cognitive processes it is painfully clear his communication skills have suffered when he strays off scripted materials he blunders about comically inept.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   
But they asked a question I didn't like. Oh boo hoo! Pout, sniffle.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   

You want to critisize policy fine, question character based on fact?

Fact he walked off the stage instead of just say no comment, that�s under investigation at the moment sorry, next question

I trash Bush the man, the liar, the thief,, all the time, but I'm sure I've never said anything against Americans or the esteemed position of the Presidency of the United States,
Nope on this threads all Bushy,
Just �reporting the facts � as listed in the news services
If you can�t handle the facts don�t read it.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johannmon

Originally posted by Thorfinn Skullsplitter

I am appalled at the lack of respect for the office of president of the United States garners in the media and here. This kind of hate speech is counterproductive to any kind of valid debate of issues or even of character. Junior high name calling simply shows immaturity and the inabilty articulate ones point rationally. Even when President Clinton was defaming the office of President with his perjury and infidelity a certain measure of respect and decorum was due to him. Granted there were detractors who did not give him that lattitude and they were as wrong as TS for it. We are on a slippery slope indeed when the highest office in our nation garners no respect from the people of the nation. That respect must be the foundation of the rule of law in our nation. If a man is a pathetic lying criminal then impeach him first to remove the office from the man before you start trashing him. Otherwise you trash yourself and everyone else in the USA. You want to critisize policy fine, question character based on fact? Fine. But do not stoop to degrading generalizations that belittle both the man and the office of President. It is like throwing mud in your livingroom. You will eventually have to clean up the mess you have thrown.

So Bush calling that reporter an "a-hole" was OK - as was Cheney telling the senator to go "f-himself" - bringing back honor to the White House is what they said. I drop the F bomb all the time, but I simply expect more at that level. You give and you shall receive.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   

I trash Bush the man, the liar, the thief,, all the time, but I'm sure I've never said anything against Americans or the esteemed position of the Presidency of the United States,

Liar, Theif, these are generalizations of a persons character not facts or incidents being reported on. To say that the president is a liar and a thief is to defame the office of president because you are saying that the president is a liar and a theif. What is so hard to understand about that? By your words you show no respect for the office of president but rather only bitter hatred for a man due to your partisanship. I will give you this warning. As you judge you will be judged. The hatred you are harboring will harm you most of all.

On the thread topic I would like to also say that if I were questioned about a relationship I have or had with a man who was just indited I would not answer either for fear of falsely implicating myself or of having my words twisted to mean something they were not intended to. Better to keep silent and let things play out then write about in my autobiography or something. Truly this is smart politics.

[edit on 10-7-2004 by Johannmon]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join