It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any Views on the Human Papilloma Virus vaccine? In the UK it's given to all girls but not boys. So

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Firstly I know that with any vaccine there are those who will say it is all part of some sinister plot and that the vaccine will have some other purpose or be more dangerous than the condition being vaccinated against.

My thread isn't about that but about the decision to vaccinate only girls on the NHS free of charge. If any boys want the vaccine they have to pay £300-£400 to get the shot.

The figures are that 1000 women die each year from cervical cancer and that a large proportion get cancer after picking up HPV (Human Papilloma Virus). HPV lives on the skin and everyone has it apparently but 90% of people aren't affected by it or can cope with it.

Almost any sexual act whether heterosexual or homosexual can transmit it and it has a particular affinity for the moist bits of skin inside the mouth, throat, vagina or anus.

So oral sex is a as good a method of transmission as intercourse and anal sex.

There's recently been a large increase in the number of men suffering from mouth, throat and oesophageal cancer as young people indulge in oral sex which they consider a safer alternative to intercourse. Approximately 700 men a year are getting cancer in those areas though some of them are not related to HPV.

So why are they only giving the vaccine to women? Apparently because they felt this would be the most effective strategy taking into account cost and benefits.

Obviously any gay men are at risk also because in that case neither party is vaccinated.

They say that if they had to vaccinate men then that would be an extra 300,000 shots per year and they do not believe that is justified.

I think if you're one of the unlucky one's to get a cancer you probably feel differently.

Here's a link to a BBC programme that covers the topic but I don't know how long it will be available, though I'd guess it will be on youtube anyway.
Link to BBC iPlayer

I think everyone should at least be aware of the issues because I know if I had a son I'd make damn sure he had the vaccination.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
EDIT:Nevermind
edit on 15-1-2011 by Plugged because: Premature posting

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Plugged

Sorry but I don't understand what you mean by "Premature Posting". Did I miss a step or a rule? If I did then it was an error but I'd like to know so I don't repeat it. Also can you tell me how to send a message to someone that is direct and private or is that dependent on the number of posts I make?

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Plugged

I just worked it out. Sorry Newbie nerves

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Holy crap they give it to all the girls?

You folks are in dire straights, let me tell you.

This vaccine is not fool-proof, and is actually not very effective for it's stated purposes.
In reality, many many things go wrong.

The human body is extremely complex, no bio-chemist fully understands even portions of it yet.
We are playing with fire and low and behold, many folks are getting burnt.

A month after 13 year old Jenny Tetlock was vaccinated against the HPV virus, she missed the lowest hurdle in gym class. It was the first sign of a degenerative muscle disease that 15 months later left her nearly completely paralyzed. Her father, Philip Tetlock, a professor at UC-Berkeley, has embarked on an odyssey to find out whether the vaccine, Gardasil, is to blame.

This isn't just silly people coming up with silly illusions. This is real scientists seeking answers to real problems.
This is real medical failures becoming obvious to us, and the real reasoning behind it is merely to push out a product fast and sell it as much as possible, WITHOUT even TESTING it in controlled conditions!

They are using your children as TEST subjects.

Well Jenny Tetlock is a perfect case of this TEST going horribly WRONG.

Tetlock is not the only one concerned. The public watchdog group Judicial Watch has been periodically obtaining adverse event reports on Gardasil from the FDA.10 deaths have been linked to Gardasil since September 2007, and there have been 140 reports so far this year of serious side effects such as miscarriage and Guillain-Barré syndrome.

My Emphasis.

Deaths....but it's not a crime for some reason! Why? We know its bad but it's still being pushed on our kids?

And what the heck is Guillain-Barre syndrome??

It is frequently severe and usually exhibits as an ascending paralysis noted by weakness in the legs that spreads to the upper limbs and the face along with complete loss of deep tendon reflexes. With prompt treatment by plasmapheresis or intravenous immunoglobulins and supportive care, the majority of patients will regain full functional capacity. However, death may occur if severe pulmonary complications and autonomic nervous system problems are present.[7] Guillain-Barré is one of the leading causes of (acute) non-trauma-induced paralysis in the world.

The facts are pretty much in. HPV Vaccine is toxic and it has a decent potential to cause adverse side effects that will ruin your child's life permanently.

Link to article about Jenny Tetlock

Well documented source on Guillain-Barre syndrome

edit on 15-1-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
As far as I am concerned, this is just another poison that Big Pharma is pushing on the world. You asked why girls and women are getting it and boys and men are not. Once again, believe it or not, it is the women who will suffer when this supposed medicine goes south...which it appears to more than it should. Women are Guinea pigs...we reproduce. Without women to reproduce, you significantly cut back on population...

I have a daughter and I would not give this or any other vaccine to her that could have even the slightest of the side effects over time that this poison does. Giving it to a child....that even irks me more. It not only kills these young girls....but can totally disable them.

healthmaven.blogspot.com...

this is just one set of reviews on this drug...you will find many more horror stories than you will find... "I liked this drug so much, it made me feel safe when I have sex (12 years old)"...warm and fuzzies.

EDUCATION, is power, knowledge is power....being a parent is power....teach your daughters and sons what can happen to them when they have indiscriminate sex. Sex in it's self is a power that one must take responsibility for...it is all about EDUCATION...I will say it again. TEACH those who are illiterate by sight, illiteracy is NOT an excuse.

I am stating what I feel about this...you may feel something completely different, which is your right....but think before discarding the lives of these beautiful jewels of daughters to Big Pharma, FDA, and doctors that are truly uneducated on these drugs themselves.

ETA: have found another problem with using this med. and it's from the UK:

www.theoneclickgroup.co.uk...

edit on 15-1-2011 by Holly N.R.A. because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Holly N.R.A.
As far as I am concerned, this is just another poison that Big Pharma is pushing on the world.

This isn't just your opinion.

This is verified through peer reviewed medical journals and other publications.

It's fact, this toxin has a potential of causing severe and life threatening adverse side effects.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Thanks for all the information and the links. I'll have to do some research but it sounds like they may actually be doing the boys a favour. Like everything else there's always more to these things than meets the eye.

top topics

join