It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Article Accusing G.W.Bush of mass-murder in 1984 (turns out to be a Hoax)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 02:37 AM
link   
This in fact did turn out to be a hoax after all thanks AceOfBase and Cattlespy
this would explane why I could not find any real info on this subject

www.bushwatch.com...

OUR READERS SPEAK OUT ON PARODY AT BUSH WATCH
Since we coupled a lead-in to a Boston Globe story about New Orleans teens asking Bush about his drug use with a lead-in to an Onion parody of that type of Bush story, substituting a mass-murder for drug use but eliciting the same responses to reporters from Bush, we've gotten some interesting mail. Readers generally feel that Bush is capable of doing so many objectionable things and voicing so many absurdities that fictional exaggeration isn't needed. Besides, some readers have written, one fictional report could lead beginning Bush watchers to believe that all of the documented reports about him are fictional as well. Accordingly, one reader suggested that links to parody at Bush Watch should be clearly marked, since it's often hard to believe that what Bush does and says is not the product of some unknown political parody to begin with. We must confess that this very point is what stirred our initial interest in Bush, and we thought his abilities would best be seen by simply presenting the news and documenting all opinions. As Doris in Des Moines writes,"Why not just admit that the entire press corps are crossing their fingers and trying not to laugh every time they report one of [Bush's] "answers" to one of their "questions," but the gang at the Onion just isn't as good at deadpan as the Associated Press." Here are the original lead-ins with a selection of reader responses below.

Bush Watch

[edit on 10-7-2004 by Sauron] Hey Mods mabey you can close this thread if you like, I don't want to spread rumers about Bush, he has enough on his plate as it is.

[edit on 10-7-2004 by Sauron]

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 03:32 AM
link   
"...we coupled a lead-in to a Boston Globe story about New Orleans teens asking Bush about his drug use with a lead-in to an Onion parody of that type of Bush story, substituting a mass-murder for drug use..."

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 03:37 AM
link   
So AceOfBase are you telling me this is a Hoaxe, because I still can't find any real links to the story?

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I have just read and reread the bit from the link you provided of the 'story':

www.bushwatch.com...

and from what I can deduce, bushwatch.com provided a link to the parody on the onion site (your link to the onion site only goes to an error page).

I would invite you to edit out this topic post, because there are those that may not bother to follow up with the links or read subsequent posts and just 'buy' that BS!

[edit on 10-7-2004 by Cattlespy]

top topics

join