It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rep. Gabrielle Giffords taken off ventilator

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Rep. Gabrielle Giffords taken off ventilator

www.latimes.com

Surgeons at Tucson's University Medical Center removed Rep. Gabrielle Giffords from a ventilator Saturday and inserted a tracheotomy tube into her neck to assist her breathing, according to the center.

Removing her from the ventilator, which means she is now breathing on her own, allows the medical team to assess her ability to speak and is another step toward stabilizing her condition so that she can leave the intensive care unit and be moved to a regular hospital room.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.fox59.com

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
This is the first real good news we've heard thus far. Keep her in your prayers and thoughts. Someone is definately looking out for this Congresswoman, and I am glad to see her making a decent recovery.

Hopefully soon we will hear for sure what the extent of the damage done to her is, and what her thoughts on the shooter are.

I wouldn't be surprised if she forgave him, and instead turned her dissapointment and anger toward the people who have used her for their own personal gains. I doubt they ever expected they would have to answer to her directly for their horrible actions.

www.latimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
since this has happend she sure has made alot of progress for getting shot in the head point blank

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by matrix12

This tbh but pleased to hear she is off of the lsm

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
This is great news, with all the collective prayer World wide I am not surprised by her wonderful progress in healing.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarius1
This is great news, with all the collective prayer World wide I am not surprised by her wonderful progress in healing.

or thanks to modern medicine and the doctors who practice it

doubt prayers would be able to remove a bullet

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

I agree, but I hope that her first public address is in harsh criticism of her peers riding on her personal tragedy to further themselves. I would really like to see that speech followed by public outrage against those people, and possibly removal from office.

If I were in her shoes, I would count myself lucky and resign my office to enjoy the life I almost lost. If she choses to stay, I would gladly have her as my representative, someone who would certainly understand that this life is not about greed and corruption, but helping others.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by sbctinfantry

Psychic 'Creeped Out' By Loughner In 2005

www.kpho.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by thisisnotaname

Kinda calling BS on that tbh (the report not your post btw), it amazes me how many of these types crawl our of the wood work in situations like this.
Also as a side note, not really the thread for this buddy, think this is suppose to be a 'good news' thread tbh

edit on 15-1-2011 by StarTraveller because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
...if she recovers to the point where she can have a quality of life, it could turn out that she wont be who she used to be at all - meaning a totally different person, not just a personality adjustment... its a very common result of severe head trauma...

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by illusive man

They did not remove a bullet, it when through and through, thank goodness for that, I am in no way saying the doctors didn't help.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by illusive man

or thanks to modern medicine and the doctors who practice it

doubt prayers would be able to remove a bullet

This is such a positive post, is it possible to keep it that way, please?

This is amazing and great news. For someone to recover in the way she has is nothing short of a miracle. She's able to move her feet, arms, eyes, sit up in bed...wow. I hope her recovery continues at this rate. Lot's of positive energy, thoughts and prayers focused in her direction is a good thing.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

You just don't want her to tell the truth, which is that hostile figures in our media are inciting otherwise crazy people to kill their leaders.

There is NO defending the Tea Party, Palin or any of those stooges on this one. Both sides are guilty of playing this tragedy for their own gain.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword

You just don't want her to tell the truth, which is that hostile figures in our media are inciting otherwise crazy people to kill their leaders.

There is NO defending the Tea Party, Palin or any of those stooges on this one. Both sides are guilty of playing this tragedy for their own gain.

I'm not defending anyone, try reading my posts over again and retracting yours.

I will go as far as to say that people like this : www.abovetopsecret.com... are far worse than any of the people you cite.

I've done the research, a simple search of my threads will show you how much. The Tea Party and Palin had nothing to do with this, any more than the rest of the politicians, which is ZERO.

This guy was a total nutcase, and your just guilty of the thing you falsely accuse me of. Rhetoric.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
TPTB must be panicing then , guess they'll finnish the job of with a pillow

top topics

join