It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Women should be allowed to serve in combat

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

reply to post by Wyn Hawks

Yes. Agreed. Those that can do the job, great. Those that are willing to accept the risks, great. (Did you miss the last bit? The part where I said I think women SHOULD be allowed to serve in combat...?) At the end of the day, more men than women will be capable and willing, but the women that can... No problem. If they can pick up and M-16 and defend my a$$, I'm just grateful.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by glome

Furthermore, I served with a particularly hardcore female who trained vigorously and joined Delta Force. So I think people need to look at this objectively and use common sense. Why shouldn't women fight? They are Americans.

This is an outright lie.

No female has ever been a member of Op Det Delta.

There are women in the units that provide comm, personnel & intel support but the trigger pullers in Delta itself are and have always been exclusively male. Even the occasional recruiting bulletins for the unit that occasionally go up on Bragg specifically cite 'male' as one of the requirements.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
Call me old fashion (I am female) - men have always been the ones to be in combat and women played their roles as a support system. Nurses, wives, Mothers (gotta keep the home fires burning) - I think it should remain as it is. As a women I cannot imagine being in combat along side men, I am practical enough to know I cannot in any way keep up with the physical or mental demands. My 2 cents and dinner if you were here.

I'm sorry ma'am but I'm a female too and also in the military and am in a very male dominated field. I feel that I worked just as hard and even a little harder than a lot of the guys I went through boot camp with and so why should I and all the other females who stood up to the challenge. I was going to be EOD and had every bit of physical requirement needed to do the schooling and the job, unfortunately it was not available. Women like you set us back hundreds of years after all the work women before us did. If I was given the chance to get into a combat zone I'd be there and do the job better than any guy because thats how I am.

<< 11  12  13   >>

join