It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran unveils nuclear achievement ahead of Istanbul talks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Iran unveils nuclear achievement ahead of Istanbul talks

news.xinhuanet.com

In a meeting with the delegates from Algeria, Cuba, Syria, Oman, Egypt, Venezuela, and the Arab League who arrived in Iran on Saturday for a tour to Iran's nuclear sites, Salehi described Iran 's move as a gesture of "goodwill and transparency," Press TV said.

Iran's invitation to its nuclear sites is its last trust- building step, Salehi told local ISNA news agency.

"No country in the world will choose to show its nuclear facilities to others and Iran's invitation reiterates peaceful natu
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Iran grows bolder each day with its nuclear program, and who can blame them. The world powers are shifting, and the best window of opportunity to become a nuclear power is right now while the tides are changing and little attention will be drawn to them.

I have always been up in the air about a nuclear Iran, I just don't think that any country should have the right to hold another's civillian population hostage perpetually with the threat of total destruction.

It is part of this age or war, however, and it is a fact undebatable.

I don't think the U.S. or any other country has any intent or is able to stop them, so let us hope that they really are serious about peaceful reasons for wanting nuclear power. I'm not so sure it's true.

news.xinhuanet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that Iran is trying to gain the wherewithall to build nuclear weapons.This has always been about the bomb and will continue to be about the bomb till iran is a nuclear nation.
The obvious edge this would give them in the arab world, the ammo to stand up to american imperialism, or any others with similar ideas, the prestige and bragging rights, all of this is their aim.
I have never once believed they are NOT after the bomb.
The point here is can the US continually anssd illegally interfere wqith the aspirations and plans of other soveriegn nations without sooner or later being brought up short by the world.?
It is the right of any nation to persue nuclear weapons and it is not teh perogative of america to say one way or the other.....
if the countries who have these horrible weapons got rid of them, then it would be probably not as hypocritical
to forbid others to have them.
Till that happens, its anybodys game and the smaller countries will continue to try to develope them in secret.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
It is quite clear that the whole "nuclear Iran is dangerous" talk is political propaganda disseminated to create fear in order to justify military action.

But you know what they say about a lie repeated a thousand times.......

Peace

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Iran having nuclear weapons could mean a complete shift of power in the Middle East. Turkey is already showing signs that it's becoming a bit more Islamic and could less care about joing the EU. You have a revolution happening in Tunisia and uncertainty in Saudia Arabia as to who will rule next.. Overall, it seems like Western influence in the Middle East could be in decline and if Iran manages to get nukes, then perhaps it will unite a stronger and bolder Muslim world which challenge the West for once. Is the world ready for something like that? As a Westerner, I would have to say no.

In any case, I don't believe Israel or the U.S. will allow this to happen. The Mossad will infiltrate Iran and assassinate whoever they need to.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that Iran is trying to gain the wherewithall to build nuclear weapons.This has always been about the bomb and will continue to be about the bomb till iran is a nuclear nation.

I agree with most of your post. It is not the United State's place, or any other country for that matter, to deliberately stall or cease the technological goals of another nation. I don't think it matters if Iran creates a nuclear bomb or not, because we all know what will happen to the entire Muslim image if one is set off. Every single nuke in the world will point at every single islamic nation in the world and destroy it.

Therefore, Iran getting the nuke is the same as any other country. It means nothing except that we can't bully them around anymore.

top topics

join