It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wake up ATS and prepare.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I just want a few moments of your time away from the mind numbing static of some lunatic from Arizona,Wikileaks,left vs right politics,Snooky,Justin Bieber and bloody aliens to look at the big picture of what is happening in the real world.

In the last week 42 were killed in floods in the Phillipines,549 so far have died in floods in Brazil,16 dead and 50 odd missing in Queensland floods in Australia,there are 2 million displaced in Columbia and 27 dead and 1000 000 displaced in Sri Lanka.So my first recommendation is that you while you still can get home and contents insurance with a reputable insurer that covers flood and storm damage.Yes this may cost 50 per month for contents and 100 per month for home and contents but we are entering a time where you cannot afford not to be insured.So cut back on the booze or cigarettes and get it.

In 2010 it is estimated there was 222 billion dollars of disaster damage,the insurance industry only paid out 36 billion because many of these disasters occured in areas where there was not much insurance,still that is a lot of money and if the trend continues eventually insurers may not cover flood as it is an unacceptible risk,get it while you can.

In 2010 260000 people died in natural disasters the majors being the Haiti earthquake 220 000,Russias heatwave and fires 15000 and Pakistan and China floods 6200.The major killer here was the earthquake the New Zealand earthquake cost 3.7 billion and the Chilean earthquake 8 billion so if you are in an earthquake prone area you may wish to seek cover for that as earth is in an increased period of geological activity.

I am in Brisbane which has just suffered a large flood a few lessons here are grow your own food if possible especially fruit and vegetables there are virtually no fruit and veges in our supermarkets at the moment,have fresh water for several days on supply as in a disaster you may loose fresh water supplies such as in Ireland where the winter disrupted supply to 36000 for up to 11 days.Food is becoming more expensive and due to bad weather corn,wheat and soybeans are all down in production so growing some of your own will help defray costs,also there may be food shortages and riots for example in Mozambique recently 7 died and 280 were injured in riots when the government put the bread price up 30 per cent,well thats my opening thoughts.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Do you have any evidence that these figures are out of the norm in any way? I dont mean media reports but actual evidence that more of this sort of thing is happening....

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
It's not that I dont understand your point but I can't help but feel like you just tried to sell me insurance... without mentioning a company name.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by anglodemonicmatrix

prophecy (Jan 13, 2011)

Found the above prophecy last night. Within, it points to the fact that no amount of preparation will matter due to what is about to unfold. I have never felt the urge to share a prophecy before. But this particular one resonated with my soul! I included it in this thread I made this morning:

the core...a movie dealing with the birds, fish and such...

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I got insurance for flood and fire but they won't give me insurance for EQ (im in the New Madrid Fault Zone)..my house was built in 1920 and they won't insure anything before 1940....so i'm up sheet creek if we have an EQ.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Shikamaru

Took the words out of my mouth. Does the op work for an insurance company. Why not take the money you will spend on insurance and put it in a bank? That way you are not funding the companies that are a part of taking our liberties away. Good thinking to prepare but I loathe insurance companies.
Better yet put your money in a safe and not fund the banking system also.
edit on 15-1-2011 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Can i just get some 2012, or Armageddon, insurance instead? That should cover everything

Seriously, it does appear as if things getting increasingly unstable insofar as *natural* (and manmade) disasters, but i am not sure that insurance will be able to cover the extent of the presumed damages in the event of something (or things) major, nor am i able to reasonably compare the extent of what is happening with any other cycles of upheaval in history. The question is exactly how much--and if--things are occurring more frequently, or if it is simply the fact that i is being paid attention to. I know, for example, there was a bus crash reported. Next thing you know, there's another and another. People were scratching their heads. Had buses all of a sudden started crashing at a higher rate than before? Or was it simply the fact that it was being reported? As far as insurance, I say just gets the most reasonable kind for where one lives (if you live near a large river, get flood insurance, etc), and hope that there is no *act of God,* which some insurance will not cover (seriously).

I have no idea. But i personally feel as if something is happening, something bigger than usual and out of our hands.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Versa

Sorry about the delay in responding,had tai chi up the buddhist temple,the CNN weather person said this was the most amount of simultaneous events he could recall.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Instead of saying wake up ATS. How about you tell the sheeps this information.
We already got the memo

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Shikamaru

I am not in the finance or insurance industry but 20,000 houses just got inundated in my city of these those with flood insurance will get the 40-50-60 thousand to replace contents and the 100-150-200 thousand to repair or replace their houses plus temporary accomodation allowances to stay in hotels etc,those without get an emergency government hand out of $1000.00,find themselves in emergency shelters with thousands of others and have to present themself to the red cross,the salvation army and st vincent de paul for clothing,furniture etc.To me its a simple choice.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by staciebee

Yes I do think 2011 will be a record year for natural disasters and weather chaos,however we have had ice ages and a planet with no polar ice caps,what is happening now is as a result of la nina,increased sun activity and other events such as increased geological activity,Im sorry but it is increased natural activity not God so until I see fire and brimstone Ill stick with the world is becoming more naturally active.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
In my opinion, this has been a really weird week, world wide..
Hope it's not going to be the norm for the year to come.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I got the memo years ago! Im fully insured and not just for whats going on right now that doesn't look so good in my book.. but for anything that comes along we have alot of storms here in minn ive used it many times for roof damage..trees happen to like my roof

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by anglodemonicmatrix

More likely the insurance companies will declare bankruptcy and take off with the money.
With major disasters like this, they just don't have the money to pay off everyone they insured.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

Good to see,dont forget the gas bbq and battery or gas lantern theres still 20,000 properties without power in my area,I believe once in 50-100 year events may soon be once every 5-10 year events which probably means tornado season this year could be a bad one.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by subject x

Not necessarily they are too important to fail,remember AIG insurance and the countless billions they put into it to keep it afloat.

new topics

top topics

join