It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Northern Lights Could Be Seen In Florida as Poles Shift

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Northern Lights Could Be Seen In Florida as Poles Shift

www.ktsm.com

FLORIDA— It may soon be that compasses are no longer accurate, the North Star could be the South star, and Santa just may be lost.

Don't blame anyone just yet— the “North Pole” is merely changing.

The change is so critical, workers at two Florida airports are making changes to the Tampa International Airport and Peter O. Knight Airport. Robert Burr of TIA said one runway, number 36, pointed North at 360 degrees. But now, that same runway points 10 degrees north.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

It may soon be that compasses are no longer accurate, the North Star could be the South star, and Santa just may be lost.

Don't blame anyone just yet— the “North Pole” is merely changing.

The change is so critical, workers at two Florida airports are making changes to the Tampa International Airport and Peter O. Knight Airport. Robert Burr of TIA said one runway, number 36, pointed North at 360 degrees. But now, that same runway points 10 degrees north. TIA decided to repaint the numbers on the runway to match the pilot compass readings. Runway number 36 is now number 1.

Chris Connor, Ph.D., a Volcanologist with the University of South Florida, said that there's a magnetic pole which is produced by changes and or flow of iron in the core of the earth. Connor said the constantly moving molten iron creates a magnet on a planetary scale with a magnetic North and South Pole. He also said that the magnetic fields have been moving— what used to be in northern Canada is now in northern Siberia.

The last shift was more than 700,000 years ago, and some experts are saying it's time for the change. Every million years or so Earth's magnetic pole does a flip, and new poles arise in random places. After the poles are settled, South may be the new North and vice versa. Meaning that maybe the Aurora Borealis could be seen in Florida.

Read more: www.setyoufreenews.com...

Wow, This is for real? The world seems to be changing after all. I hope nothing really bad happens.

www.ktsm.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 15-1-2011 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

A interesting quote from the site:

Very interesting. Interesting because Navajo prophesies state that the Magnetic Entrance (North Pole) will become the Magnetic Exit (South Pole) around 496.00 (Year 2012 [Each Navajo year equals four Gregorian years]), 'Ałhiidį́į́Kii (Quadrant Two) Dlaahooził (Sector Five) Naakijį́(Day Two) which comes out to Summer, July 7th, 2012.
Navajo oracles say that it will be caused by our twelfth planet, yet astronomers confirm eight planets, excluding Pluto, Eris, Sedna and Ceres. Hmmm....

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

well if all that is going to happen is a reversal,. then what is the worry?
shouldnt be a big deal unless the earth stops spinning,.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
reply to post by RUSSO

well if all that is going to happen is a reversal,. then what is the worry?
shouldnt be a big deal unless the earth stops spinning,.

I really hope you are right. My concern comes from all those animals dying without apparent cause.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by RUSSO
reply to post by RUSSO

A interesting quote from the site:

Very interesting. Interesting because Navajo prophesies state that the Magnetic Entrance (North Pole) will become the Magnetic Exit (South Pole) around 496.00 (Year 2012 [Each Navajo year equals four Gregorian years]), 'Ałhiidį́į́Kii (Quadrant Two)

whats more interesting is the fact that 496 times 4 actually comes out to 1984, not 2012 and although I wasn't born yet, I'm pretty sure the poles didnt flip

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
im no expert but when it happens major changes happens when the poles flip, most of which will have a negitive effect on human dayly life

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
So now it's self-evident that, as predicted for 2011/2012, that the poles are indeed shifting. Magnetic pole shift or physical change in the axis of the Earth's rotation aside, where are all the people who denied it would happen? They're all in a confab formulating their next series of denials of course...

I could have posted this in any number of "pole shift" threads. I just happened to randomly choose this one to make my statement, one I'm sure has been posted numerous times already.

-PS

What's next? Let's ask the deniers, and then proceed in the exact opposite direction.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
so the south WILL rise again.. does this mean that if the north pole ends up in say russia that it will turn into an ice cube? where would the russians go to escape the icy hell?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
this has probably been asked a million times this pole shift only means the magnetic north/south switch places it's not like the earth does a shift ie: europe ends up south of the equator although that would be cool for me id get nice weather lol.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by RUSSO

FLORIDA— It may soon be that compasses are no longer accurate, the North Star could be the South star, and Santa just may be lost.

So perhaps the explanation for the scriptural "King of the North and King of the South" can be found in astro-theology where much of the scriptures are referring to astrological movements rather than that of "nations".

And perhaps all the obelisks, the "Cleopatra's Needle" is actually representing a compass needle and this is why they are strategically located on a specific type of worldwide grid.

edit on 15-1-2011 by Alethea because: (no reason given)

link   
I remember reading somewhere that the Nile used to flow in a completely different direction,.
I think the same was said about the Colorado river.
Also, the Antarctica Continent was of a tropical nature at one time,.
If those stories are true, it make for all kinds of interesting possibilities.

link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

Thats a pretty arrogant thing to say. If there is a complete geomagnetic reversal/ Coriolis flip, that would be catastrophic to all life on earth.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Umm all it takes is a severe geomagnetic storm to see the northern lights in Florida. It has happened before in the early 1900's they were seen all the way down to the Caribbean.

2003-- This was the year of the "Halloween storms." In late October and November, the sun went haywire. During a stormy two-week period, three giant sunspots unleashed eleven X-flares, including an X-28 monster--the most powerful solar flare ever recorded. Auroras appeared in Florida, Texas, Australia and many other places where they are seldom seen. Bonus: On March 25 and 27, scientists created man-made auroras over Alaska.

spaceweather.com...

2001-- The sunspot cycle reached its peak in 2001. There were plenty of solar flares, coronal mass ejections (CMEs) and, of course, auroras. It's difficult to chose a single best display in 2001. There are many dates when Northern Lights were sighted as far south as Texas, Florida, Arizona--even Mexico. Storms of note: April 12, March 31, Oct. 21, Oct. 28, Nov. 6, Nov. 24. Galleries: Jan. 23, March 31-April 1, April 12, April 17, April 22-23, May 9-10, June 18, July 26, Aug. 17, Aug. 27-28, Sept. 13, Sept. 19, Sept. 23, Sept. 25-26, Sept. 29-Oct. 3, Oct. 11-12, Oct. 21-22, Oct. 28, Nov. 5-6, Nov. 19-20, Nov. 24, Dec. 24, 2001

2000-- This is the year of the "accidental aurora." Thousands of sky watchers saw auroras by accident when they were outdoors looking at something else. During an alignment of planets on April 6, the most powerful geomagnetic storm since 1989 sparked Northern Lights as far south as Florida. Months later, during the Perseid meteor shower of August 12, a similar storm occurred. The best view of all, though, was enjoyed by space shuttle astronauts who accidentally flew through some auroras on Sept. 18. Galleries: April 6, Aug. 12, Sept. 18, Oct. 5, Oct. 28, Nov. 3, Nov. 6, Nov. 26-28, 2000.

edit on 15-1-2011 by jaynkeel because: add link

edit on 15-1-2011 by jaynkeel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I haven't seen one bird today. Not a single one. There are birds out all the time and this is the first day I noticed---- not a one. Palm Beach county here.

Anyone notice this today?
Grant it, I didn't leave my yard so I don't know if this is all over but there are always birds in my trees.

Now....this may or may not have anything to do with it but there are a bunch of ducks that live in my development that I feed every day. Today while feeding them, they'd all stop, at the same time, cock their heads as if listening to the ground or perhaps something in the air. This happened three or four times. They looked spooked but maybe they always do whenever they hear something.
Been feeding them for months. This never happened either.

No chemtrails either today.

Something feels 'off' that's for sure.

I wonder where all the birds are?

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Thanks for the info Human_Alien. Are you in Florida? Please, keep us informed about strange things that happen there.
SFY

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

But the birds falling from the sky? Fishes and now cows.... WTH..

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Yeah that is strange, I am sure it's not a good sign at all though.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Yes. Southeast Florida in Palm Beach county.

Vacationers and birds are usually the two things we can count on during this time of year (oh, and lots of accidents too
) but.......I've been up since 7AM and not a bird!

When I mean not a bird, I mean nothing! Not even a passing hawk or buzzard. And it's beautiful today. 70-degrees and sunny.

What the ........?

Right now....right before dusk, they usually make their way into the trees and/or on the wires and start calling one another. I am talking hundreds of birds.
Not a single one in sight. Very strange and very quiet.

I'll keep you posted should anything develop from this. And thanks my friend!!!

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevilDog0311
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

Thats a pretty arrogant thing to say. If there is a complete geomagnetic reversal/ Coriolis flip, that would be catastrophic to all life on earth.
Hmm Arrogant?
now you sound like my wife,.
Look,. The reality here is there is no recorded history of what a pole shift will do.
Speculation is all science has on this theory,.
I do know that science has figured out that there has been a bottelneck in human DNA a long time ago,
but why that is still remains unclear. but to say this will be deadly to all life is a bit drastic , dont you think?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join