It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please tell me how to post pictures

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   
thanks i am gonna try this out later

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
test
edit on 9-8-2013 by stardust17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
tinypic.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">http...://tinypic.com/?t=postupload
more testing....[IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/2q0pzqb.jpg[/
edit on 26-2-2014 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Testing.....

edit on 4-3-2014 by took red pill because: To try again.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
ummm how the hell do i make a post in the first place! brand new here and don't feel like spending time clicking through icons.

thanks!

i want to know if this quote is misattributed or accurate:

"The refusal of King George 3rd to allow the colonies to operate an honest money system, which freed the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, was probably the prime cause of the revolution." -- Benjamin Franklin, Founding Father
edit on 10-3-2014 by rar777ats because: adding more info, to find out where it should be posted.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

rar777ats
ummm how the hell do i make a post in the first place! brand new here and don't feel like spending time clicking through icons.

thanks!
Ummm, you just made a post.

If you mean start a thread, in most of the main forums you need at least 20 posts to do that, but there are exceptions like the introductions forum.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Tried 2 diff browsers....getting a black box pop up when trying to select an image from my library? Never seen this before...can do anything with it???/

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by qd22vcc

So you've uploaded pics before and didn't have this problem? Then something changed with your PC? Could be security software. I would try temporarily disabling things like anti-virus and anti-spyware, adblockers, or anything like that then refresh the ATS page and try again.

When I go to my library and click the upper left image of a calculator, it opens a popup with the calculator picture and a link to use the image, so something like this is what you should get:

Then just copy and paste the image link. Sounds like you may be getting that popup but it's blank? It's always worked for me in firefox.
Another possibility is if you're out of video memory you could get something like that and may need to reboot the PC to clear the memory.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Thanks Ill try it..using firefox but nothing shows in that box...

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Hmm at a loss, rebooted, VM fine..downloaded chrome to see if another browser worked...same black box pops up but nothing inside...

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by qd22vcc

You've said you've never seen this before...does that mean it used to work? Presumably so since you said you have a library. If so then something has changed...you need to figure out what changed. Could be some kind of security software or add-on. If it worked before you could perhaps try going to a restore point where it used to work?

Edit: I just saw your reply in the other thread. If it was before the site update that you got uploading pictures to work, don't do the system restore because it's different now. Something is blocking you from seeing what should be displayed...it is usually security software but could be some other software. Only you know what software is installed. Also might not hurt to do a malware check, which you can do using the free version from www.malwarebytes.org... Good luck.
edit on 12-3-2014 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I have posted about this problem in the Board discussion forum. It is NOT our problem since it started happening after the redesign of the site. There are a number of people who still cannot upload images now whereas they could prior to the upgrade of the site.

I have 5 different browsers spread between Debian Squeeze and Windows XP and none of them work, so I can only assume the programmers are using _javascript which is specific to particular browser versions. If I can help to debug this I would gladly try different things to help test, but the error console or equivalent across the different browsers do not give any help or hint as to what may be the problem. I have offered before but no-one has contacted me yet, and no solution has been forthcoming. Over to you.

To expect people to have the latest browsers is just plain ridiculous and I know it is a programming problem because a) I am a programmer (30 years) and b) sometimes there were similar problems with the messaging system (although these have been sorted out now). The problems would come and go within a few hours so I know it is not my machine problem.

For me, I get to different stages of the upload process with different browsers, but mainly the problem comes after I have selected the image I wish to upload and when I hit the 'upload' button, it should give me(in the past) a message about uploading my image, yet nothing happens.

In my experience, of course sometimes it is user error, but in this case I am fairly certain it is not.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   

qmantoo
I have 5 different browsers spread between Debian Squeeze and Windows XP and none of them work, so I can only assume the programmers are using _javascript which is specific to particular browser versions. If I can help to debug this I would gladly try different things to help test, but the error console or equivalent across the different browsers do not give any help or hint as to what may be the problem. I have offered before but no-one has contacted me yet, and no solution has been forthcoming. Over to you.

To expect people to have the latest browsers is just plain ridiculous and I know it is a programming problem because a) I am a programmer
I have recently (within the last 2 weeks) used the following 4 Firefox browser versions:

10 ESR
17 ESR
24 ESR

Of those I was happiest with version 7 and am thinking of going back to it, so yeah I agree it's not such a great idea to program exclusively for the latest browsers when they don't work as well as the older browsers (for me at least).

However, the ATS picture upload feature has worked on all 4 versions of Firefox. So from my recent experience I'm not seeing any difference in those 4 browser versions with respect to this problem, and version 7 is pretty ancient, which still could upload pics for me. So something is going on but we don't know what it is. Have you tried temporarily disabling or uninstalling all add-ons in the browser as one thing to troubleshoot the problem?
edit on 13-3-2014 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 04:05 AM
link   
As I said, I am using not just Debian Squeeze Firefox (Iceweasel) & Epiphany but also XP IE8, Safari for windows, Firefox (a fairly old version), chrome and they all do not work in varions ways. Some get as far as the upload button but no action/message. I do not think it is a matter of plugins for one browser.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   

edit on 19-3-2014 by tri-lobe-1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by youngdrodeau

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Tucket

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Tucket

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Test.

edit on 25-4-2014 by SurrenderingAmerica because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: SurrenderingAmerica

test.
edit on 2-5-2014 by SurrenderingAmerica because: edit

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join