It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets All refuse to turn the clocks back. Are you with us?????

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
During a lively ATS chat , ATS member doobydoll and I proposed that we refuse to change the clocks back after they have gone forwards on March 27th. Thus being on BST British Summer Time.
At first was a bit of a joke.
Then I got thinking. What a wonderful statement of civil unrest if we get enough people to do it.
Now this applies to the UK and To most states in America. Possibly Australia, New Zealand and Canada , although I would like your input on this.
This may seem mundane but think of the impact , both politically and psychologically we could inflict.
If we have enough support and we make this viral through the likes of Facebook Youtube etc then we really could show our power.
TPTB would see the strength of all of us.
Knowing that we can actually change something will only make us grow.
All we have to do is not put the clocks back in the winter. No one likes the dark nights anyway. It will be much safer for all.
We could have our civil unrest, no one will be hurt and make a statement to the world.
We will call it Forever Summer
Do we have your support??? Flag then
If enough of us refuse to change the clocks we can do it
All comments welcome
Take care Regards

edit on 15-1-2011 by maythetruthbeknown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I'm all for it as I hate the dark nights in the winter. 4pm in the winter it gets dark here. An extra hour of light at night would be great.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by maythetruthbeknown

Dissent like this will get you terrorist status right quick. But I'm game!

Forever summer - FTW
edit on 1/15/2011 by hhcore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I say don't move them forward.
Why put off til tomorrow those things you can put off til the day after?

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I'm lucky that I live in Saskatchewan. Only province in Canada to have no clock movement, forward or back. I just have to adjust to the tv shows all moving twice a year. I've lived in BC, I hated the whole clock movement thing, and it never made any sense to me. Now that I don't have to change them at all, it makes even less sense.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Yep, were all so powerful we can mess with clocks, that will send em a message. I saw a thread on here awhile ago some of you might remember but it was about a town that had some strange lights in the sky, and all the towns people were calling the police, soon after black, government suv's were seen speeding through town. Very weird, but this got me thinking, why not create our own false flag event, so to speak. If we could get enough people involved in enough areas and everyone calls the police and make a claim that you've seen some crazy spectacal in the sky, lets see if they come runnning. Provoke a move on thier part, and work to expose it. Force them to make a move.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by maythetruthbeknown
During a lively ATS chat , ATS member doobydoll and I proposed that we refuse to change the clocks back after they have gone forwards on March 27th. Thus being on BST British Summer Time.
At first was a bit of a joke.
Then I got thinking. What a wonderful statement of civil unrest if we get enough people to do it.
Now this applies to the UK and To most states in America. Possibly Australia, New Zealand and Canada , although I would like your input on this.
This may seem mundane but think of the impact , both politically and psychologically we could inflict.
If we have enough support and we make this viral through the likes of Facebook Youtube etc then we really could show our power.
TPTB would see the strength of all of us.
Knowing that we can actually change something will only make us grow.
All we have to do is not put the clocks back in the winter. No one likes the dark nights anyway. It will be much safer for all.
We could have our civil unrest, no one will be hurt and make a statement to the world.
We will call it Forever Summer
Do we have your support???
If enough of us refuse to change the clocks we can do it
All comments welcome
Take care Regards

Great stuff maythe! S&F

Y'know, after we were chatting about this, I realised I'm really not sure why we have to keep changing the clocks, is it something to do with farming?

Wasn't there an experiment a few years ago where we had 5 years not changing them at all? I seem to vaguely recall that we had to revert back because the farming industry was up in arms about it for some reason. Anyone know?

Anyway, enough support with this and we could show TPTB that we CAN hit back, regarding anything, if we're pushed far enough.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
If I remember correctly, Jeffrey Archer tried to get this time thing sorted out several years ago.

Not that I particularly like Jeffers, but it seemed like a good idea

Heres some interesting reading ...

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Yep, OP, sounds like you are a Terrorist. The worst kind, actually, a Time Terrorist.

I'm off to call HLS, be right back.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by doobydoll

Y'know, after we were chatting about this, I realised I'm really not sure why we have to keep changing the clocks, is it something to do with farming?

Wasn't there an experiment a few years ago where we had 5 years not changing them at all? I seem to vaguely recall that we had to revert back because the farming industry was up in arms about it for some reason. Anyone know?

I don't think the farmer's want them changed. I think that's why Saskatchewan doesn't change the clocks. The farmers tend to wake up when the animals wake up, which is just by daylight, not the clocks.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

I couldnt find a real reason as to why we change the clocks, except for someone having this idea because he was upset that everyone was still asleep in bed on early mornings when he went for a horse ride. Ridiculous lol.
www.nmm.ac.uk...

The idea of British Summer Time (BST), also known as Daylight Saving Time, was first proposed in Britain by a keen horse-rider, William Willett, who was incensed at the 'waste' of useful daylight first thing in the morning, during summer. Though the sun had been up for hours during his rides through the local woods in Chislehurst and Petts Wood, people were still asleep in bed.

From above link:

After a century of daylight saving, we still cannot agree on whether it is a good thing or not. When proposals to extend the system are occasionally made in Parliament, protest soon comes from those affected by its disadvantages. Daylight Saving Time tries to treat a complex network of symptoms with one solution. But not everybody sees it as a cure. So the debate continues.

If there isnt even a proper reason, why are we forced to carry out this pointless task?

SUPPORT "FOREVER SUMMER"
edit on 15-1-2011 by doobydoll because: add quotes

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by doobydoll

The idea of British Summer Time (BST), also known as Daylight Saving Time, was first proposed in Britain by a keen horse-rider, William Willett, who was incensed at the 'waste' of useful daylight first thing in the morning, during summer. Though the sun had been up for hours during his rides through the local woods in Chislehurst and Petts Wood, people were still asleep in bed.

There's always some control freak trying to wreck it for everyone else.

I don't have to work, my husband does all that
and in the summer, I have to get up with our 3 dogs or they'll sit on me in bed. Winter wakeup is around 8:30, when it's just getting light out, and in the summer, I'm forced up by the dogs at about 4:30 to 5:00. It's good to be able to get up naturally with the daylight.
Hubby is a long haul truck driver, so he's rarely home.

They've done studies on the change of clocks, and found that when people get the extra hour, it's good, but when they have to get up an hour earlier suddenly, it's hard on their health for a couple of weeks, it takes a while to get used to a change in bed time.

I've heard it cuts down on driving in the dark in the winter, but it depends on your job. I used to work in a factory, so you start earlier than most other jobs. You end up driving both to and from work in the dark. It seems to be only for the white collar workers.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I'm in

its never done me any favours and as far as I'm aware its only done for the farming community anyway and as they always claim to be up and working before day break I fail to see what an extra hours darkness would do to harm them

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
God I hate changing the clocks back and forth. My sleeping pattern is bad enough as it is and I can never adjust to the hour changes properly and have woken up late many a time because of it.

I wonder how many people would join in though if we got the ball rolling...

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Saskatchewan here as well. It's a well-known fact that we never change anything except our minds and our underwear and the latter is often questionable.
John Gormley, one of our local radio personalities, says that we have a group in Saskatchewan called "Citizens Against Everything". This is an all-inclusive committee composed of the many people here who are opposed to change of any kind; a sort of anti-progress group. Although I am not a member , I say : if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I'm game but it's gonna be hell fighting all the electronic things in life that auto adjust, because no matter how much I scream at my dvr it never seems to listen!!!

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Lets All refuse to turn the clocks back. Are you with us?????

Here in the US were getting ready to set ours ahead on March 13

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
We used to not change in this part of Indiana and my wife's Grandad still refuses to change. He runs his own business and won't even put up a sign changing his hours just a sign that says he does not support day light savings. When summer comes he will be on the same time I am again. Till then my grandmother in law will keep inviting people over and being surprised when they are an hour late. "The whole thing about not changing confuses her"

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I'm there,
I just hope my boss will be kind enough to understand the jocularity in all of this.

and good one hillbilly

G.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Yeah! Non-conformity in the sense of disobeying there command to turn the clocks back will sure show them

/sarcasm

top topics

<<   2 >>

join