It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N Korea prepares for war against US

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   
im not talking about winning every war, im talking about every 1 sayin the usa has no chance in this or that or the other thing- its bull#- none of you knows how the usa could fare, or how much money is saved or set aside or whatever, sure the enemy could use numbers against technology, but all im saying is no one should bash things they cant back up...no one has seen the usa in a full scale war these days with a modern power so you cant say for sure what would happen..

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by imAMERICAN
no one has seen the usa in a full scale war these days with a modern power so you cant say for sure what would happen..

This is because their is no modern power comparable to US dominance. Lets face it, America controlls the globe through force, an area that no other country comes even close to.

When looking back at history since the vietnam war, the US strategy has undoubtably been to attack only countries with minimal defence if any at all.

The ongoing Economic warfare against Cuba, the international terrorist campaign against Guatamala, El Salvador, Nicaragua(the US being the only country in the world convicted by the world court with terrists activities for their actions taken in Central America), Panama, Iraq, Afganistan, the list goes on and on.

And with the new doctrin of Pre-emptive strike, they are basically telling the rest of the world to follow orders or else.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by sp23
This is because their is no modern power comparable to US dominance. Lets face it, America controlls the globe through force, an area that no other country comes even close to.

When looking back at history since the vietnam war, the US strategy has undoubtably been to attack only countries with minimal defence if any at all.

Very good point. Another part of the strategy is that the U.S. will attack countries that has a "reward" of some sort or has something that is worth fighting for. If a country doesn't have a sort of incentive, the U.S. will leave it alone.

Take Iraq. It provides oil, but most of all, it provides a huge U.S. presence in the Middle East. That was a very juicy reward.

Now, why not attack and "liberate" North Korea? Because North Korea has nothing to give the U.S., it'd just be a straight-up war with lots of violence, nothing material in return.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
Now, why not attack and "liberate" North Korea? Because North Korea has nothing to give the U.S., it'd just be a straight-up war with lots of violence, nothing material in return.

Have you ever heard of PANC? If not, better have a look at it. Otherwise, you will be severely impaired in insight.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 10:25 PM
link   
zcheng,

Explain to me what PANC is.

And I stand by what I said. North Korea really has nothing of worth to America.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 12:17 AM
link   
do u guys ever wander why so many countrys hate america?

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I just skimmed past this thread, but I *think* a few pages back there was discussion about what country has the fastest growing economy. Despite what some people said, they're wrong. And that links of theirs has outdated info.

I'm not trying to take sides, just provide correct data. China, as of 2004, has the fastest growing economy.

[edit on 8/29/2004 by The Crow]

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredTThat was Level II sarcasm to feed your propaganda fueled mind. Oil played a part, but regime change was needed and would have happened sooner or later. Perhaps regime change is required in china as well!

I reread the thread, and even though I initially intended to stay out, I couldnt sit back and let this total BS go.

Regime change was needed? No, it wasnt. Other countries, including Russia agree. And even if horrible things were going on, US has no business decided what needs to be done in countries other than its own. The US invaded for no other reason than oil. Its front, the WMD issue was just a big lie. Remember Bush, during one particular speech to the American people, said the US has concrete "evidence" that that Iraq had WMD's? If that wasnt a downright lie, than please tell me what else it could have been.

It could be denied, but the facts are everyone knew ahead of time the US was deceiving its people. The US was caught in a huge dirty lie. They possessed intelligence well ahead of time that proved Iraq abandoned its WMD project in the early 90s. Russia told the US numerous times the same thing, as well as many other countries. But the US still invaded. Why? Just because it could, but mainly because of the oil.

Not because they cared about inhumane activity. If that were the case theyd be in Africa right now. But no, the US goes it Iraq instead, which also coincidently has the second largest oil reserves in the world. No coincidence, just convenient. Dont be an idiot. Deny ignorance.

[edit on 8/29/2004 by The Crow]

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan
maybe they are doing it in relation to this whole china-tiawan thing. like if china invades tiawan, north korea will invade south korea to keep the americans busy having to fight the north korans first then the chinese. thats commies helping commies right there

That's a good point and perhaps Israel will start a war with Iran at the same time. I guess Mr. Bush is gonna be very busy!

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by zcheng
"North Koreas military is poised to do one thing and one thing only: Invade the South. "

FredT, you do not even know the new Bush policy?

Premptive Strike!

That is why US invaded Iraq.

Let's just wait and see whether US will attack North Korea first.

North Korea as a nation has every right to defend herself, and retaliate with any means possible. It is so funny that you morons think that US and only US has the right to attack other country, while those defend their country are called sable rattling.

Take a look at this:

TOTAL WAR AGAINST US

Perhaps this is not true, but if it is, it's not wise to go to war with North Korea.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by sp23

Very good point. Another part of the strategy is that the U.S. will attack countries that has a "reward" of some sort or has something that is worth fighting for. If a country doesn't have a sort of incentive, the U.S. will leave it alone.

Take Iraq. It provides oil, but most of all, it provides a huge U.S. presence in the Middle East. That was a very juicy reward.

Yes. But potentially it could be very strategic to establish military bases between China and Russia with a pro US puppet government. I wonder whether Russia and China would let this happen.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 09:42 AM
link   
ive read that "total war bs" so calm down, its complete one sided crap-dont believe everything u read online- but u forget that it only shows what NORTH KOREA has, not the USA, its jus meant to scare closeminded people- the usa is dominent acorss the world, dont let some 3 rd world power scare you ,jus becuse it has some missiles and a large army. remember also NK wont ever use its "so called nukes" especially against the usa, cuz then the whole world would just vaporize that little crap hole. (dont think jus cuz the world mite not like the usa, theyd jus sit by while hundreds of millions of innocents died in north america)

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by imAMERICAN
ive read that "total war bs" so calm down, its complete one sided crap-dont believe everything u read online- but u forget that it only shows what NORTH KOREA has, not the USA, its jus meant to scare closeminded people- the usa is dominent acorss the world, dont let some 3 rd world power scare you ,jus becuse it has some missiles and a large army. remember also NK wont ever use its "so called nukes" especially against the usa, cuz then the whole world would just vaporize that little crap hole. (dont think jus cuz the world mite not like the usa, theyd jus sit by while hundreds of millions of innocents died in north america)

First off, he is calm. You and everyone else on this thread is not.

Second, your responses are so predictable. Don't believe everything you read online, deny ignorance, etc. Yeah, believing Bush is a sign of open-mindedness, right? I smell some real denial here, that's for sure!

Sorry, but much of that Total War article is right. Even if we win the war, tell me if the cost (which would be extraordinary) would be worth it.

[edit on 29-8-2004 by sweatmonicaIdo]

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I don't mean to sound hostile but how may times do we have to say it!! North Korea is NOT a threat, it will NOT attack the USA and there WON'T be a war!. If North Korea is attacked then it has every right to defend itself with whatever means.

Yes the US military is powerful, it enjoys sea, land and air dominance, but that isn't going to last. Not to mention the fact that the US military is a complex high maintenance force, that relies on advanced technology which costs more to maintain, could be disatrous if it fails and would take a while to replenish their numbers if they suffered big casualties.

If the US was engaged in a big war, could it roll out a 100 M1A2 Tanks a month? If a lot of US Air Force and Navy pilots were shot down then killed or captured, could it train up pilots to use advanced fighters in 6 months? Could soldiers be trained in a short period of time to operate such vehicles as the M1A2, M109, MLRS or whatever other high tech accessory? Could it manufacture tons of cruise missiles, guided bombs, AA & ATG missiles every month? I doubt it

The big advantage with a country such as North Korea is that it has a more basic military, yes it hasn't got advanced technology but it would require less maintenance, be cheaper and faster to build, potentially easier to operate. Lucky for the US there is no nation AT THE MOMENT who has such a big manufacturing capability, unless you count China.

Don't get me wrong i'm not dismissing the US military it is a potent and effective military, however i would state that it's potential weakness is it's over reliance on expensive high maintenance technology.

All the typical stereotypical gung-ho yanks on this board tarnish the image of America, where most people there are normal people just like everyone else. Unfortunetely as with any country or even religion, it's usually the loudest or more extremist people who are heard more often. It seems to me as if a lot of people actually want a war, just so they can see the US clash with North Korea or China or even Russia.

It's insane to want a war, war cost lives, lives that cannot be brought back. Can you actually imagine what it's like to be in a war?? To see your friend's head being blown off, his limbs severed or your comrades butchered? I'm not in the military, i've never been in a war obviously but you cannot even begin to understand what soldiers of war go through, just ask people like East Coast Kid he'll tell you i'm sure. Or even GradyPhilpott.

I read a post about North Korea, can't remeber which one where one person said something like "Yeah just blow that #hole". That's nice, perhaps some country should go around the '#holes in America and destroy them, there are plenty.

One last point....Answer me this if a B-52 somehow was intercepted by fighter from the rear, how would it defend itself without the M61A1 turret in the rear? (Since they're stupidly removing it). Same for the B-2 Bomber or even the F117A Nighthawk, it's primarily a bomber yes but it's still manoeuvrable. So what if it was intercepted by Mig-29's, it has no cannon and it would literally be f*cked. Another scenario where US warplanes are outnumbered 5 - 1, they'd eventually run out of missiles plus with so many fighters in the area they'd hesitate before launching their missiles and the fact that planes fly very fast so they'd close in quickly, also at close range missiles are virtually useless.

So for all the warmongers, keep your cool.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Flyboy211,

Great post. Great, great post. It speaks the truth.

The U.S. will not have a war with North Korea or China. They are not threats and they are so not worth the effort.

And as powerful the U.S. military is, such wars would be disasterous. We may in fact lose.

Of course, if there ever is a war, we can always send WestPoint23 to scout things out first...

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 12:49 PM
link   

zcheng,
Explain to me what PANC is.

And I stand by what I said. North Korea really has nothing of worth to America.

It is a grand outline of US policy of current US administration.
Go to Official PANC website www.newamericancentury.org... and find out.

"Rebuilding America's Defenses" -- the PNAC's plan for a "unipolar" world
newamericancentury.org...

An effort to investigate, analyze, and expose the Project for the New American Century, and its plan for a "unipolar" world.
www.pnac.info...

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Accusing does not mean, that a war is gonna take place. Neither of them (US and N Korea) are barbarians, they can handle the conflicts in peaceful ways... we hope.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Istvan
Accusing does not mean, that a war is gonna take place. Neither of them (US and N Korea) are barbarians, they can handle the conflicts in peaceful ways... we hope.

Yes, but who can guarantee that there will be no war in Korea? We are not saying the inevitability, but the possibility of US attacking North Korea. I think it is very likely, and will be connected to events on Taiwan Straits.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
There could be better way to settle the problem, than attacking. I understand, that the primitive Afghanistan was attacked, even that Saddam was removed (for oil), but what to do with Korea? What for?

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Sorry Zcheng i can't see a war between the US & North Korea, especially with the current situation in Iraq it will be highly unlikely for the US to attack another country. This wouldn't help Bush's re-election campaign would it?

I think you like many people here are too eager to see a conflict, i don't know for what reason, maybe it's your contempt for the current US administration, maybe you want to prove that China has got a strong military or purely the fact if North Korea gets into a war with the US then in some way it might involve China. I know that you have atrong feelings for Taiwan to be fully intergrated with China again and you would probably like to see this achieved by force.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join