It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N Korea prepares for war against US

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   
i could see korea starting a war with us or us with them, then WWIII would begin..

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Me thinks there is a spook in ats......maybe more.
We have multiple threads with the same theme,
China. It smells like Foriegn intelligence is trying
to gauge the current mood of the American people.

I'm not paranoid........all of the time.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by armyof1
In short, I have proof, you are just talk.....show me something.

Yes.
1. Your proved that NK is poor than SK, but that is everyone's knowledge.
2. You point that SK want to gradually with NK is well taken.

Even though there maybe some economic difficulty after unification, SK will be still very glad to unify with NK. I do not see any evidence that SK people do not want to unify with the North.

Following I will point out that US is always trying to derail the reconciliation between the two Koreans.

'Sunshine Policy' to end peninsula's Cold War
The following is a speech by South Korean Ambassador to the United States Yang Sung-chul to the Asia Society in Washington, DC.

www.atimes.com...
Upon assuming the presidency, Kim launched the Sunshine Policy, known officially as the Policy of Reconciliation and Cooperation toward North Korea. This policy is fundamentally different from all the previous policies of South Korea in several important ways.

First, the Sunshine Policy responds to North Korea's economic and humanitarian needs, rather than its strengths on military and ideological fronts. Specifically, it seeks to help North Korea, with its chronic food, energy, and hard currency shortages due to its inherent systemic defects.

From above we can see that SK working hard on improve relation with NK back in Dec 2000. Anyone remember Clinton was even considering visiting NK back then, but was not able to go because of Middle East coordinations?

Later Bush cheated into White House and declared North Korea as Axis of Evil in his first state of Union Address, escalating the tension in Korean penisula. The tension continues to this day.

CNN has a timeline for the tension at
edition.cnn.com...
Of course you will have to get the complete framework to see who is at fault first.

When you want to disprove my points, please show what point you want to debate. If the evidence is convincing, I will acknowledge my mistake or wrong conception.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soul Reaper
Me thinks there is a spook in ats......maybe more.
We have multiple threads with the same theme,
China. It smells like Foriegn intelligence is trying
to gauge the current mood of the American people.

I'm not paranoid........all of the time.

I respect your thoughts, always convincing.

If you think there is a spook, it is me. I mainly interested in the threads that involves China.

I think there is a real possibility of war, between China and US. I want to convince as many as possible to know that war between US and China means destruction for both great nations.

I will respond to these wrong accusations like of NK, China or others. I know their is a strong prejudice against China among American people like FredT.

I want US and China be friends, not enemy, for the peace of the world. I will continue what I am doing, because I believe it is right to promote understanding of US people toward China. Thanks.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by zcheng
I will respond to these wrong accusations like of NK, China or others. I know their is a strong prejudice against China among American people like FredT.

Phuleeze, you know nothing about me or my opinions, Except that your country is one of the last "evil Empires" remaining. From your ruthless supression of Tibet, to the dead baby girls lying in the gutters, to the massacres in Tienneman Square, you are meerly a tool of your nations propaganda. BTW, my wife is part chinese part vietnamese so your accustations of "prejudice" seem a little hollow. What I object to is the policies of your governemnt and your relentless war mongering.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Originally posted by zcheng

Phuleeze, you know nothing about me or my opinions, Except that your country is one of the last "evil Empires" remaining. From your ruthless supression of Tibet, to the dead baby girls lying in the gutters, to the massacres in Tienneman Square, you are meerly a tool of your nations propaganda. BTW, my wife is part chinese part vietnamese so your accustations of "prejudice" seem a little hollow. What I object to is the policies of your governemnt and your relentless war mongering.

You can whine, bash or bark. It does not make you look smarter.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I, in no way ever said that china is evil, nor do I have any predudice against china. For a long time, in the eyes of most americans china has been quite. I'm sure they have agendas throughout the region just as the U.S. does.

All I'm saying is that NK dug a hole for themselves 50 years ago and now they want other nations including China and the U.S. to bail them out. NK is playing both sides against one another. They would be the reason if China and the U.S. went to war. I have no sympathy for the leader of NK only the people that live there.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 03:11 AM
link   
there were tensions in korea before Bush declared them part of the "axis of evil".

from your timeline:
1994: North Korea and U.S. sign an agreement. North Korea pledges to freeze and eventually dismantle its nuclear weapons program in exchange for international aid to build two power-producing nuclear reactors.

Aug. 31, 1998: North Korea fires a multistage over Japan and into the Pacific Ocean, proving it can strike any part of Japan's territory.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May 25-28, 1999: Former Defense Secretary William Perry visits North Korea and delivers a U.S. disarmament proposal.

Sept. 13: North Korea pledges to freeze long-range missile tests.

Sept. 17: U.S. President Bill Clinton eases economic sanctions against North Korea.

December: A U.S.-led consortium signs a US$4.6 billion contract for two safer, Western-developed light-water nuclear reactors in North Korea.

July 2000: North Korea again threatens to restart its nuclear program if Washington doesn't compensate for the loss of electricity caused by delays in building nuclear power plants.

June 2001: North Korea warns it will reconsider its moratorium on missile tests if the Bush administration doesn't resume contacts aimed at normalizing relations.

July: State Department reports North Korea is going ahead with development of its long-range missile. A Bush administration official says North Korea conducts an engine test of the Taepodong-1 missile.

December: President Bush warns Iraq and North Korea that they would be "held accountable" if they developed weapons of mass destruction "that will be used to terrorize nations."
(makes sense)

Jan. 29, 2002: Bush labels North Korea, Iran and Iraq an "axis of evil" in his State of the Union address. "By seeking weapons of mass destruction, these regimes pose a grave and growing danger," he says.
(bad but true)

Oct. 4: A visiting U.S. delegation says North Korean officials revealed that the country has a second covert nuclear weapons program in violation of the 1994 agreement -- a program using enriched uranium. North Korea later denies this.
(what is this? not good)

in short this timeline does only supports my point that NK doesn't want to cooperate with any attemt at peace......they only want to extort goods and money from other nations......I don't remember the last time anyother nation sent the amount of aid to NK that we have......Russia and China have all but stopped supporting them financially.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Hey zcheng you cant go around saying people that don't agree with your governments rules and system are prejudice against china its like me saying you are prejudice against Americans since you seem to bash us every chance you get.

Q

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 01:10 AM
link   
So really, in effect, all of this "Sunshine Policy" has consisted of S. Korea basically shoving their collective heads waaaay up Kim's ass, doing whatever they think will make him play nicely. All this, while fine and good, has not been responded to in kind.

I ask: What, if indeed anything, has all this "Sunshine" gained? What has Kim done in return? Zilcho, zippo, nada, zero, 'nuthin'. N. Korea, thanks to Kim and his father, has been reduced to a starving nation of brainwashed (and I use this term most literally, it is not an aphorism!) leeches on the backside of everyone else in the far east, and a severe nuisance to everyone else.

Once the support from the Soviet Union ceased, N. Korea started a long downhill slide. Under Kim's management, the once-relatively-prosperous state farms reverted to a nonproductive condition. While he basks in his illusions of being a movie star and inventing the hamburger, his people are dying-if not outright being killed-by hundreds, if not thousands each and every day. Rather than being able to bring his nation 'up from the ashes' so to speak and make them somewhat self-sufficient, he instead leads them on a path paved with starvation and endless handouts from the rest of the world, punctuated by paranoic delusions and threats intended to get another boatload of wheat or fuel which is funneled straight to the military while the populace starves.

Even with all the secrecy over there, the people of N. Korea have got to wonder sometimes why "glorious leader" can't even run a government capable of keeping its people fed on any reasonable basis. But then again, they probably think they have it better off than everybody else (being as they have no contact with the outside world, and are told that that's how it is), and if one were to be caught thinking that it would probably mean prison-camp time for anyone remotely related to them.

Again, I ask: what has N. Korea given back in reciprocation for all of this "Sunshine"? Missles "accidentally" lobbed over their homeland? Enough artillery aimed at them to level their capital city and all surrounding it? Nuclear power plants not hooked up to any electrical grid? Nuclear weapons to use to try and bluster more food and fuel out of the surrounding countries?

I say South Korea, and all who have tried to help Kim's country, have struck a poor bargain for their "Sunshine". They'd have been better off buying some magic beans...

Note that it is not the people of North Korea's fault. They are the real victims of Kim's delusions.

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   
didnt the war with korea never end but come to a cease fire or something???

and the USA has the right to re start the war on Korea if it wants to anytime for no reason cause it can???

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by blobby
and the USA has the right to re start the war on Korea if it wants to anytime for no reason cause it can???

They have a cease fire in place for all this time. Tech. a state of war still exists. The US could violate the cease fire and say launch an attack, but the NK fanaticaly support Kim and are as dug in as we are.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   
i jus read recently that the new amount of US troops in SK would be overrun in 3 hrs if the North invades.. interesting, i think that the NK will invade SK when or close to a China/Taiwon event, seeing as even though the US will be more heavily in the area, they will be split in to theaters from the already big theater in the mideast, this is playing on my ww3 idea, ww3 will be several seperate massive wars in different theaters, it could work as the war on terror in the mideast, the war in korea, and in taiwon, but lest u notice that the majority of troops in europe are in: the mideast- which is, Chinas west doorstep, u do the math, the US is in the area, and i bet its more than jus for "terrorism". i would be betting that when/IF china hits taiwon, then NK wil hit SK and form an alliance with China. THEN we are #ed. and since China operates the panama canal (from what ive heard, not sure) we could REALLY be #ed...

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   
North Korea would be unsuccessful in the invasion, no doubt.

But will they be unsuccessful in the war? That's a mystery.

North Korea is a country you have to Death Star in order to defeat. Politics and surrender is not in the vocabulary of North Korea.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 10:35 PM
link   
In Noam Chomsky's book, Hegemony or Survival, he discusses the idea of the US attacking various countries, now included in the axis of evil. He believes that the US will not nor cannot be as bold as to attack a country that could pose a credible defense. Instead, almost like a bully, it will continue to pick on countries that do not retain the ability of sustained conflict. Thus, N. Korea will be kept in the background and various other means of warfare, i.e. economic, trade and international support sanctions will probably be used. We wouldn't stand a chance vs an army that is actually organized and trained.

By the way, I am new here and wanted to say that I greatly appreciate this website and what it represents; freedom to hold political forum without the hand of corporate sponsorship. Kudos...

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 11:08 PM
link   
LukeNYC,

Good post. The U.S. is not about "eradicating the world of 'evil.'" If that were the case, then Saudi Arabia would've been wiped off the map.

America is not attacking North Korea because it knows what the cost will be. And North Korea doesn't have any sort of prize or reward like Iraq had. And it doesn't have to be oil!

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by TACHYON
North Korea is a girl? I was not aware of that.

Do you understand how incredibly stupid you look when you say things like that? Do you have any comprehension of how incredibly ignorant you appear?

I understand you were attempting to be humourous with a generous serving of arrogance, but I'm guessing the mean age group of this forum is no where near the elementary school level you are targetting.

I think you'll find your sparkling comedy routine will be better received at Below Top Secret.

[edit on 25-8-2004 by cargo]

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I believe someone put it as "sabre-rattling" which is percisely what it is.but instilling fear in the people, this give their so called "govt" power. A very common tactic used by most govts in war or about to go to war. Nth Korea dont have th guts to attack the US or any of its allies.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   
WHAT THE HE LL IS WITH EVERY ONE SAYING THE USA CANT STAND A WAR ON ITS OWN WITH ANOTHER POWER: OF COURSE WE CAN, it jus so happnes, aside from N Korea, no other power has any reason to go to war with usa. what is wrong with all of u? the usa is the only remaining SUPER power- we have the most advanced technology, and i think its highly ignorant of ALL of u who say the usa cant stand a war one on one when u have never seen the usa in an actual war with one. we have the power, and u cant jus bs it if u have no idea- im not sayin nkorea is a liltle biatch who will fall in hours (could happen) they could even use nukes against us, but im saying that it WONT be another vietnam. just because we are having trouble in iraq now is becuz we trying to WIN THE HEARTS AND SUCH OR CIVILIANS! if this was an epic war (like ww2) THERE WOULD NOT BE AN IRAQ ANYMORE DONT YOU ALL GET IT!? YOU CANNOT COMPARE THE USAs STRENGTH IN A WAR TO THIS IRAQ MESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *phew* i hope i made some what of a dent in all u peoples dumb comments about the "weak usa" or some toher bs...

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Christ grow up, it's not dumb to suggest that America might not be able to win every war. Yeah they have the most advanced technology with the best airforce and navy and yet do you know how much they cost? Can you imagine what it would cost everytime a smart bomb is dropped or when a cruise missile is fired? America relys too much of advanced and expensive technology which is generally more expensive and complicated to maintain.

Where as a country similar to North Korea given the opportunity and time could build a large air force and navy, without the advanced technology but they could overwhelm or at least catch a power such as America off guard. Remember when a someone like America invades a foreign country they are fighting on the other's home ground which they may not be familiar.

Another thing the US fighters although impressive are not invincible. If there was a 5 -1 disadvantage against American planes in one particular combat, the enemy could rely on cheaper fighter such as the older Mig's and rely on taking out the American planes through dog fighting rather than missiles. If you had a large enough airforce with the ability to scramble planes quickly, especially in a large aerial battle the American planes would eventually run out of missiles and have to rely on their guns which would force the battle on the enemy's own terms.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join