It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palestina recongized as "Free and Sovereign Nation" within 1967 borders.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by searching4truth
For quick reference: en.wikipedia.org... es here you notice that two Israeli soldiers were charged with using a 9 year old boy as a human shield.

That was a the only case ever of using human shields by stupid untrained IDF soldiers, and they already have been punished by the IDF for doing so. They did their time in jail and ofcourse they got kicked out of service.

The difference is that when it happens in Hamas, the person gets an upgrade instead of a trial.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by IsraeliGuy

I don't suppose you have any proof of that?

The Goldstone report that I linked earlier discredited claims of Hamas using human shields.

It also got into the IDF attacking the UN headquarters in Gaza, it was claimed there were shots fired from there, until it was realized that it was the UN building and there was nothing fired out of their compound. Which was destroyed and sprayed with white phosphorus.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

The reason these clowns are amateur debaters is that as you've seen so far, they're very biased, very uninformed, they believe the latest BS put out by the Palestinian groups, they have no grasp of history, they don't understand how things that occurred time after time after time after time tends to be indicative of future behavior.

They've made up their mind using new "instant" education which is internet based, and don't have sense enough to grasp what's really occurring. They never, ever think anything through.

That's why the Chinese have been able so sell some really cheap **** here, as no one here in the US looks past the plating. They assume it goes all the way through.

The thing about being stupid, is that stupid people are too stupid to realize their stupid.

Here's the part they REALLY don't understand.

It's not going to happen.

And if it does, then there will be a war as the idiots on the other side of the fence can't leave well enough alone.

Pass the word over there - next time you get attacked - forget the niceties. You're not going to get any credit for it anyway.

As posters on this thread clearly indicate.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by searching4truth

I don't suppose you have any proof of that?

The Goldstone report that I linked earlier discredited claims of Hamas using human shields.

It also got into the IDF attacking the UN headquarters in Gaza, it was claimed there were shots fired from there, until it was realized that it was the UN building and there was nothing fired out of their compound. Which was destroyed and sprayed with white phosphorus.

The only people that use human shield in Palestine are the zionist occupation forces. Zionist will scream up and down all day long that Palestinian parents use their children to make zionists look bad. This is a preposterous proposition that a parent would use a child they have born and brought to be used so cheaply to make zionists look bad. Only a narcissistic nut could make that up.

Many people fail to realise the depraved and cowardly nature of the zionist when it comes to Palestinian children. I heard in the news today that zionist soldiers killed this year 26 Palestinian children who got to close to the prison barrier around Gaza. As you know, amble about when playing and would have forgotten themselves until they got too close and it was too late. The youngest child to receive a sniper's bullet was 4 years old. That is right folks, a zionist in a watch tower took the head off a Palestinian child for no reason.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Ilovecatbinlady

The first photo, just to clarify, is the boy tied to truck? I can't quite see what the circle is highlighting.

I'm so tired of being considered biased when I have presented written proof and you visual, yet proof amounts to nothing and I/we are called biased.

Proof less bickering gets people nowhere and I for appreciate the work that members have put in referencing specific events, even in light of the biased, oops proof less views of others.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

Yes the zionists have tied the boy to the vehicle. There is also video and other photographs of zionist using children and little girls as shields on youtube.

You must understand that the media in the West is under the control of liars, the vast majority of people in the West are docile and ignorant of the truth. Having been fed lies, they become aggressive enablers of the nazi like zionist project.

You can hold the picture of the little Palestinian girl being used as a shield to their faces and they actually don't see it because their hatred is so great. The zionist media have so violated the Western mind that it is no longer able to reason.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Documentation to support allegation
In this post: www.abovetopsecret.com... I alleged:

as soon as Fatah lost in the election of 2006 to Hamas, the US and Israel started pumping money, arms, and military/police training into Fatah in order to pit them against Hamas...A clear divide and conquer strategy engineered by the US and Israel.

This, just today.

Blackwater-Linked Firm Awarded U.S. Contract in West Bank
A firm closely tied to the private military giant Blackwater has won an $84 million U.S. government contract in the occupied West Bank. Former Blackwater affiliate International Development Solutions has been awarded a one-year deal that could be extended up to 2016. Although the contract calls for guarding U.S. personnel, there are rumors operatives will be used to train other contractors as well as the U.S.-backed Palestinian Authority security force. Blackwater now goes by the name Xe Services.

A little time back:

U.S. taxpayers are paying for Israel's West Bank occupation
Published 02:17 16.11.10
According to a June 2010 fact sheet on the USAID Internet site, last year American taxpayers funded the paving of 63 kilometers of asphalt roads in the West Bank.
By Akiva Eldar

The roads are one of the initiatives of the United States Agency for International Development for building infrastructure in underdeveloped countries. Israel has already proudly left the club of developing countries and is not among the clients of USAID. Nevertheless, it appears the Smith family of Illinois is making the occupation a little less expensive for the Cohen family of Petah Tikva.

But, what I was originally referring to was this:

Rice concedes U.S. possibly funding terrorism
Can't guarantee funds to Palestinians won't reach 'the wrong hands'
Posted: March 21, 2007
By Aaron Klein
© 2010 WorldNetDaily.com

JERUSALEM – Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice today admitted she cannot guarantee U.S. funding for security forces associated with Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas' Fatah organization would not reach "the wrong hands."

The Bush administration in January pledged $86.4 million to strengthen the Fatah forces, including Force 17, Abbas' security detail, which also serves as de facto police units in the Gaza Strip and West Bank.

While the aid is being temporarily blocked, it wasn't immediately clear if U.S. weapons would continue to be transferred to Fatah. The U.S. has been regularly shipping convoys of weapons to Fatah security forces in Gaza and the West Bank.

The last confirmed American arms shipment to Fatah took place in May. At first, the shipment, consisting of 3,000 rifles, was denied by the U.S. and Israel, but Olmert in June admitted the transfer took place, telling reporters, "I needed to approve the shipment to help bolster Abbas."

The strategy was to have Hamas isolated from the Palestinian coalition, then make Fatah dependent upon the US for security. This continues. The US still refuses to recognize Palestine as a state without the go-ahead by Israel. So that as long as the "peace process" continues, Israel only has to drag feet on a final settlement. While illegal Jewish only settlements continue to go up on Palestinian land, until nothing is left for Palestine. The process is really the process of ethnic cleansing of ersatz Israel.

Israel to Build 1,400 New Settlement Homes
The Israeli government is preparing another major settlement expansion in occupied East Jerusalem. Some 1,400 new homes will be added to the Gilo settlement near the West Bank town of Bethlehem. It’s Israel’s largest known settlement expansion since unveiling plans to add 1,600 homes right during a visit from U.S. Vice President Joe Biden last March.

edit on 18-1-2011 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by FarArcher
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Stealing and terrorizing the Palestinians? Did you really say that?

Yes, I did. Might want to look into these "settlements", which are becoming famous for terrorist attacks against their Palestinian neighbors; orchestrated drive-by shootings, political murder, arson, all sorts of fun stuff. There are also some pretty gnarly water disputes, since Israelis are tapping into aquifers beneath the west Bank.

I stand amazed that you geniuses haven't brought up the partition wall. Anyone ever look into why Israel had to go to all that trouble and expense?

Mostly to secure a land grab. The partition wall extends into Palestinian territory; if it were on hte Green line, that would be one thing, but in many cases it's several miles within Palestinain territory, even encircling a few towns entirely, and cuttting others off from their fields and livlihoods.

It certainly wasn't to stop them from the temptation of terrorizing the Jordanians.

Palestinians. Repeating a lie doesn't make it true, it just makes you a liar.

And no, of course the wall isn't there to hinder Israelis. Duh?

It was because of all the bombings. You know. Civilian buses. Restaurants. Markets. Anywhere Israelis gathered.

Lo and behold - it's not happening now!

If that's the case, then why not put it on the Green Line? Really, the Israelis "needed" this thing like the Palestinians"needed" to bomb civilians.

Speaking of, any word on when Israel bombs civilians? Lemme guess, acceptable collateral damage, right? They deserve to die?

Tell you what. You have the idea in your head.

Why don't you go over and start hanging Israelis - in Israel! I'd love to see you personally try this.

You really are ignorant. First off, I oppose the death penalty, and I doubt it's used in the International Criminal court. Second, I have no authority under that body to do so, even if I wished to. However, I CAN tell you that there are many members of Israel's government - and yes, the thing that passes for Palestinian government - who are war criminals, and should be tried and punished as such before the international community.

Yeah, I was a soldier. Yeah, I was a combat soldier. Yeah, I saw a lot of combat. Yeah, I took my share of scalps. Yeah, I was very happy after a really good day of killing - because only one side could prevail.

Interestingly, unless you served in Gulf War I, or Kosovo / Bosnia, your side wasn't the one that prevailed.

You guys don't know whereof you speak. You think in terms of Alesia. Or the Alamo.

You seem to think that if you don't do anything, you'll be left alone.

This doesn't even make any sense.

That's not how it works. Now you can sit all fat and happy in your comfort without daily threats on your life, you don't have to have guards posted watching over everyone 24/7

- no wait! You DO have guards posted 24/7.

Your soldiers.

Our soldiers haven't protected us from jack or squat in the last 70 years. What our soldiers have protected, almost from the beginning of our nation, are the economic interests of the elite. Who sacrifice your lives for their wallets, and then when numbers run low, paint slavery to them as glamorous, a ticket out of poverty, to appeal to the rest of the workign and poor classes, to incite us to hatred against our fellows elsewhere, to keep thigns divided and bloody.

Your blood for their money. Ooh Rah.

Just so you don't have to get your own delicate hands dirty.

Heh. My delicate hands. Says the member of the 101st Elite Keyboard Brigade. Hate to tell you, but one, my hands aren't delicate. Two, I'm about as interested in killing people in other countries as I am with hte ratings of Dora the Explorer. So please don't imagine you're doing me any favors.

You're just a hired murderer for the corporate class. Nothing more.

Well the Israelis haven't had that luxury, as they've been under constant attack by every damned nation around them for the past 60 years.

Well, when you keep starting wars against them, what, do you expect them to not shoot back? There have been two - EXACTLY two - wars where Israel was not the aggressor against its neighbors; 1948 and 1973. Even 1948 is debatable, since the attack was a response to Israel beginning an ethnic cleansing program and attacking Arabs within Israeli borders.

It's almost amusing how bewildered Israel and its supporters are when people return fire. Apparently the Hitties weren't hte only people YHWH can't deliver a decisive victory against.

That so-called Palestine?

Jordan.

Again, repeating a lie just makes you a liar.

And if someone doesn't like it - they can likely cram it up their anterior end as the Israelis don't give a damn about your opinion.

Most criminals don't much care if someone says "hey, you're breaking the law!" so, no surprise there.

We'll see how Israel sings when their war simply can't continue.
edit on 18-1-2011 by TheWalkingFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   

The so-called "Land Grab" started on 7 April of 1967 when Syrian forces opened fire on Israeli farmers in the border settlements of Haon, Ein Gev, and Gadot. Israeli guns replied, and a battle involving tanks, heavy mortars and artillery quickly developed. The Israeli Air Force responded on station when Syrian fighters to engage and six Syrian fighters were shot down. To make a point, the Israeli Mirages flew on another fifty miles and buzzed Damascus.

Syria started the fight, they couldn't finish it.

Egypt send their AF general and they made mutual pledges of joint action against Israel.

In the first week of May, Fatah made two attacks inside Israel. Either from Moscow or the Soviet Embassy in Tel Aviv, the Russians reported Israeli troops concentrating on the Syrian border, a message passed to Cairo, a message completely fabricated.

U Thant of the UN said they had investigated, and there was no such troop concentration. On May 15, large Egyptian forces began crossing the Suez. Nassar told the Indian commander of the UN buffer force to pull out the UN troops.

When the UN asked that the UN forces be allowed to work and take up positions on the Israeli side, that was refused.

Nassar then closed the Straits of Tiran. The entire UAR was mobilizing as fast as they could, and then Ahmed Shukairy told a press conference that his '8,000-man stong Palestine Liberation Army' - banned in Jordan - had been placed under the national commands of Egypt, Syria, and Iraq. Jordan volunteered its forces but they were ignored right then.

17 May, Radio Cairo already promising death and extermination of Israel, broadcast 'All Egypt is now preparing to plunge into total war which will put an end to Israel.' 'Our basic objective will be the destruction of Israel. The Arab people want to fight,' said Nassar on May 27.

Ahmed Shukairy said that any Jews who managed to survive the war would be allowed to stay in Palestine - but he did not expect many to survive.

On 24 May, Nassar said the straits had been mined and any Israeli ship would be fired on. Further, Nassar said that the UAR would not strike the first blow, but if Israel wanted peace she would have to have to give up certain territory, including Eilat and recognize that the Gulf of Akaba was Egyptian waters.

Right then, Jordan announced that Saudi troops had arrived in Jordan with more expected. Hussein flew to Cairo to sign a joint defense agreement. Egyptian paratroopers were immediately sent to Jordan.

Against Israel's 264,000 man army, Egypt had 240,000, Saudi Arabia 50,000, Jordan 58,000, Syria 105,000, and Iraq 75,000.

Against Israel's 800 tanks, Egypt had 1,180, Saudi Arabia had 100, Jordan had 200, Iraq had 630, Syria had 550.

Against 400 Israeli aircraft, Egypt had 450, Saudi Arabia had 40, Jordan had 30, Iraq had 200, Syria had 120.

The Arabs worked themselves into a frenzy anticipating the attack on Israel, and bragged on cutting it in two first, and then slaughtering Israelis, and in general, each Arab group had to attempt to out brag other Arabs on what destruction they were going to inflict in Israel.

It's true, Israel, facing such odds performed a preemptive strike against the vast Egyptian air fields, but here's the key part:

Throughout the crisis as it built, Israel had been hoping Jordan would stay out of the war, and frantic messages had been sent to Hussein through local UN local agencies asking him to hold his fire. If he would keep the peace, so would the Israelis, but Hussein had gone too far to back out on his Arab commitment.

You see, there were highly exaggerated Egyptian claims of overwhelming victories against the Israeli Air Force, and when Hussein's radars picked up a large flight of aircraft enroute from Egypt to Israel, it was assumed that this was the wave of Egyptian aircraft attacking Israel as just reported by radio Cairo.

Nope. It was Israeli planes returning from Egypt.

So at 9:30 AM, Hussein broadcast over radio Amman for his people to join in the jihad, falsely reported that Jordan had been attacked, and that the 'hour of revenge' had come.

The Israelis were certainly disappointed, but this little problem was an opportunity. Now they could fight Jordan, take the West Bank and Jerusalem - all nice and legal.

And they did.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   

The Israelis were certainly disappointed, but this little problem was an opportunity. Now they could fight Jordan, take the West Bank and Jerusalem - all nice and legal.

Taking land by force was NOT legal in 1967 as it is not legal now..
Care to show sources that differ??

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by FarArcher

You seemed to have collated the numerous paranoid excuses used to justify the 1967 wars of aggression mounted by the zionist settler state. It is a futile exercise because the whole world knows about the treacherous nature of Israel.

Let us not forget the attack of the USS Liberty by Israel to false flag the US into a war in the Middle East.

Here is an excellent video of zionist violence and the USS Liberty;

Google Video Link

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
just to put to bed the lie

The British Mandate of Palestine and the British Mandate of Transjordan are two different and distinct places, as in they are not the same, they have a clear and defined border.
edit on 19-1-2011 by searching4truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

The Jordan - not Palestine argument

Modern Jordan
During the 1948 Arab-Israeli war, Jordan occupied the area of Cisjordan (Judaea/Samaria) now known as West Bank, which it continued to control in accordance with the 1949 Armistice Agreements and a political union formed in December 1948. The Second Arab-Palestinian Conference held in Jericho on December 1, 1948, proclaimed Abdullah King of Palestine and called for a union of Arab Palestine with the Hashemite Kingdom of Transjordan.[39] The Transjordanian Government agreed to the unification on December 7, 1948, and on December 13 the Transjordanian parliament approved the creation of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan. The step of unification was ratified by a joint Jordanian National Assembly on April 24, 1950. The Assembly was composed of 20 representatives each from the East and West Bank. The Act of Union contained a protective clause which persevered Arab rights in Palestine without prejudice to any final settlement.[40][41]

Many legal scholars say the declaration of the Arab League and the Act of Union implied that Jordan's claim of sovereignty over the West Bank was provisional, because it had always been subject to the emergence of the Palestinian state.[42][43] ...The 1950 Act of Union confirmed and ratified King Abdullah's actions. Following the annexation of the West Bank, only the UK formally recognized the union.[44]...

The United States extended de jure recognition to the Government of Transjordan and the Government of Israel on the same day, January 31, 1949.[49] President Truman told King Abdullah that the policy of the United States Government as regards a final territorial settlement in Palestine had been stated in the General Assembly on Nov 30, 1948 by the American representative. The US supported Israeli claims to the boundaries set forth in the UN General Assembly resolution of November 29, 1947, but believed that if Israel sought to retain additional territory in Palestine allotted to the Arabs, it should give the Arabs territorial compensation.[50]
. . .
The Amman Agreement of February 11, 1985, declared that the PLO and Jordan would pursue a proposed confederation between the state of Jordan and a Palestinian state.[57] In 1988, King Hussein dissolved the Jordanian parliament and renounced Jordanian claims to the West Bank. The PLO assumed responsibility as the Provisional Government of Palestine and an independent state was declared.

So basically, from Dec. 1948 until 1988, the year of Palestinian Declaration of Independence, the West Bank was considered either part of Jordan or a Jordanian protectorate. The US, at least officially, was holding to the UN partition plan of 1947, "if Israel sought to retain additional territory in Palestine allotted to the Arabs, it should give the Arabs territorial compensation."

This does belong to a very messy piece of history, the post WWII transition from colonialism to national independence. Vietnameze struggle also occurred during this time period. France attempting to re-establish colonial rule over people who preferred independence. After France conceded, US took up the cause of artificially continuing Western dominance, with no clear objective, or national interest except "to win" in some undefined way.

I think we can see that the same sort of horrible game is playing itself out again, with the US refusing to recognize Palestinian independence on any terms not dictated by US and Israel. A crass continuance of failed colonialist models.

'American Exceptionalism' Proves to Be Political Fantasy
Donald E. Pease, New American Exceptionalism interview with John Eperjesi

Dr. Pease: In my new book I describe American exceptionalism as the encompassing and trans-historical state fantasy that provided policymakers with the spectacular terrain in which they authorized their policies. In the absence of any guarantees other than its monopoly of violence, the state relied on this fantasy to solicit the citizenry's belief in the legitimacy of policies that it could not ultimately justify. The fantasy of American exceptionalism was undergirded by the citizenry's contradictory beliefs in the moral exemplarity of the nation's civic ideals as well as in the exceptional military force through which the state propagated them. These contradictory aspects composed the Janus-face of American exceptionalism.

This 'Exceptionalism' that deludes the Americans is shared by the Israelis.

This just in:

Palestinian Authority Raises Palestinian Flag at D.C. Mission
Palestinian Authority officials in Washington, D.C., have hoisted the Palestinian flag outside their diplomatic mission for the first time. Chief Palestinian envoy Maen Areikat said the symbolic move is a new step in the Palestinian struggle for statehood.

Maen Areikat: "It’s about time that this flag that symbolizes the struggle of the Palestinian people for self-determination and statehood to be raised in the United States. We hope that this will help in the efforts, international efforts, to provide recognition of the Palestinian state, and we hope that, as President Obama said at the United Nations General Assembly in September last year, that by the next General Assembly session this year in September Palestine will be a full member of the United Nations."

I know that many Americans would welcome the chance to take that burdensome delusion of "Exceptionalism" and dump it squarely on the shoulders of Israel. That would be cruel. As Jesus said, "And you experts in the law, woe to you, because you load people down with burdens they can hardly carry, and you yourselves will not lift one finger to help them." LK 11:46 No, let us avoid the woe. Allow the delusion to fade away like a dark cloud dissipating in the light of day. It is not a zero-sum proposition, as if one nation must foist it off onto the shoulders of another in order to be rid of it.

edit on 19-1-2011 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

You always miss a critical point - usually the most obvious.

When you're attacked, you can whip their ass, destroy them, destroy everything they have if you want, and take their land.

It's only been this way since the beginning of time.

Funny how it's suddenly "illegal" when it comes to Israel.

I doubt had the coalition been successful and wiped out Israel you'd be talking the same BS line.

But we don't have to worry about that.

Israel prevailed.

May they ever in every endeavor.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

pthena, I'm sure your rather eat a bug than get a pat on the back from me, but thank you for your post.

At the time in 1967 Jordan fired on Israel, the West Bank territory was Jordanian by agreement, Jordanian by administration, or Jordanian by ownership.

My gratitude, sir.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Ilovecatbinlady

Because I have the facts on my side, I don't have to resort to paranoid excuses.

I said the territory known as the West Bank was Jordanian, and it was Jordanian.

I said Jordan fired on Israel first, and Jordan fired on Israel first.

I said Jordan lost the land in the war, and Jordan lost the land in the war.

You're way off topic, just to bitter the waters - throwing in a case of Blue on Blue, which has zero to do with the discussion on this thread.

You want to start a thread on the Israelis firing on a US ship, then do so.

But get with the program.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I eaten a fair number of bugs, nothing new.

I noticed a serious blind spot in my understanding of the 1948-1967 time period. It would have been helpful if someone had brought up some references. I was only 11 years old in 1967, still at the age when US history was being taught in my grade.

A decent set of maps can be found on NPR

Palestine in the Ottoman Empire, Around 1900

The British Mandate

The United Nations Partition Plan of 1947

The Frontiers of the State of Israel, 1949-1967

Israeli Conquests in 1967

The Yom Kippur War, 1973

Mideast Since the 1982 Return of the Sinai to Egypt

Israeli Settlements in West Bank and Gaza Strip, 2002

It isn't as simple as "Israel conquered, so Israel owns".
Since 1945 that concept of territorial expansion as spoils of war have not been held as legal. The situation in Kashmir is very similar. The idea that the UN can bring interested parties together in order to finalize borders haven't turned out to be very true. Some big power has been able to stall or derail every attempt.

It comes down to a matter of human dignity, and whose dignity matters, and who can be dismissed as irrelevant.
Since the Holocaust, genocide has not been considered as a moral or legal means of conflict resolution.
Since 1992, ethnic cleansing has not been considered as a moral or legal means of conflict resolution.
Those territories occupied by Israel in 1967 are considered occupied and not annexed. That brings it under the purview of the fourth Geneva Convention, which makes the transfer of civilian populations illegal, which the settlement building and expansion is. And it is ethnic cleansing.

When, in the course of human events, the desires of the wealthy and militarily powerful conflict with and disable the ability of people to live as normal human beings with full human dignity, then the only course possible is to declare independence. That is the topic of discussion. Palestine declared independence in 1988, slowly but surely, other nations of the world are recognizing that independence. That is the topic of this thread. Eventually, the UN will be called upon to recognize the independence of Palestine. Hopefully, we may be able to start a thread about the US and Israel accepting the will of the international community in recognizing the Sovereign Nation of Palestine. But that will be another thread.

edit on 19-1-2011 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

pthena, you'll note on the 1948-49 map how the initial "Israeli" territory was almost divided into three sections.

Then the land they won after being attacked. Won.

I note you said it wasn't legal to acquire land by war since 1945.

The reason I don't feel that's the case is that Russia didn't give back to Finland the territory it took, nor the islands that Russia took from Japan.

If it's somehow a matter of legality, then some nations seem more legal than others.

I think it's mostly about Israel.

And I'm sure that those Israelis who've though this thing through have reviewed their history and concluded, "Every single time we're attacked - by apparent overwhelming odds - we not only prevail, but we gain more land."

Every time.

They may not have help from above, but it doesn't appear to be working against them either.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I don't see where Russia took territory from Finland and Japan after 1945.
There may have been some of that from a long time previous to 1945.
Territory taken by Israel was after 1945 after it was declared illegal to do so.
The "overwhelming odds" theme is Israeli propaganda to imply that there was some sort of divine intervention on their behalf. Subsequent research has revealed the fallacy of that sort of statement.
There may have been large numbers of the forces opposed to Israel but they were ill equipped with antiquated equipment in disrepair.
They were ill supplied with any of the necessities of war, even simple things like food and water.
They were ill trained and people conscripted and not going to war strictly on a volunteer basis.
There is no truthful rationale for the theft of land by Israel and their genocide.
The inhabitants of this illegal so-called nation of zionists are fully complicit in the crimes and the vast majority approve of it, so will be held accountable by God, and try to figure out the reason behind the annihilation of this nation, once it happens, as to how it fits into your previous explanation of how it is justified to take land by war.
edit on 20-1-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

I don't see where Russia took territory from Finland and Japan after 1945.
There may have been some of that from a long time previous to 1945.
Territory taken by Israel was after 1945 after it was declared illegal to do so.

Zionists and there apologists always try to show equivalencies and similarities to their actions and land thefts. In this case they refer to the Russian Soviet and Finnish War in 1938 and Russian/Soviet war with Japan. The irony is that it is the Russian Ashkenazim that are stealing Palestinian land. Do we see a consistency here?

The conflict between Russia/Soviets and her neighbours were intrinsically border conflicts while the zionist presence in Palestine is about displacing the indigenous population, ethnic cleaning.

After 1946, the Nuremberg principles declared land theft in war illegal and a war crime.

The "overwhelming odds" theme is Israeli propaganda to imply that there was some sort of divine intervention on their behalf. Subsequent research has revealed the fallacy of that sort of statement.
There may have been large numbers of the forces opposed to Israel but they were ill equipped with antiquated equipment in disrepair.

The zionist gangs that descended on Palestine after 1945 were armed to the teeth by the British and the French with surplus arms. Everything including Supermarine Spitfires were bought for the zionists by wealthy American Jews to fight the Palestinians. Tens of thousands of battle hardened communist Jews from the Russian Eastern Front flooded into Palestine which was a nation that constituted +90% farmers who knew nothing about warring.

Even in the 1948 war, the countries that faced the zionist hordes were post colonial basket cases that were poorly armed and confronted by the material and intelligence support given by the European powers to the zionist forces. It was always a rigged war.

The inhabitants of this illegal so-called nation of zionists are fully complicit in the crimes and the vast majority approve of it, so will be held accountable by God, and try to figure out the reason behind the annihilation of this nation, once it happens, as to how it fits into your previous explanation of how it is justified to take land by war.

You are correct about all zionists being complicit in the criminal acts of the zionist settler state. They actively vote for extreme right wing parties and in the December 2008 zionist assault, surveys established more than 90% approved of the siege on the people in Gaza. To this day the zionists are engaged in a blockade on the victims of the siege with "automatic kill zones" near farm land and wells.

Zionist flew in from all parts of the world to join in on the siege effort or to party on the hill overlooking Gaza.

edit on 20-1-2011 by Ilovecatbinlady because: typo

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join