It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Israeli IM Workers Warned of 9/11 Attack 2 Hours Prior

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 01:14 AM
link   
A random IM'er sent a warning message to 2 employees of a New York based, Israeli IM company, Odigo. The employees reported the event to the Israeli security services who then notified the FBI. Arrests were made.

www.haaretzdaily.com
Odigo, the instant messaging service, says that two of its workers received messages two hours before the Twin Towers attack on September 11 predicting the attack would happen, and the company has been cooperating with Israeli and American law enforcement, including the FBI, in trying to find the original sender of the message predicting the attack.

Micha Macover, CEO of the company, said the two workers received the messages and immediately after the terror attack informed the company's management, which immediately contacted the Israeli security services, which brought in the FBI.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I know there have been lots of "it was the Israeli's" style posts and ravings lately. I do not mean this to be one of them. The only reason I post this article is because of its source.. Haaretz, a respected Israeli newspaper.

What interests me most about this article are the issues it mentions but does not go into further.

1.) Odigo released the originating IP to the FBI, so they could trace the source, but no mention of any further FBI activity is made. Anyone know of any followup to this in the news?

2.) The CEO of Odigo mentions that arrests were made by the FBI, but no details of these arrests are given in the article. (It is possible he was speaking in general terms.)

3.) Was the originator of the IM an Israeli himself? What country did it originate from? Surely they can tell this from the IP.

Personally, I don't think this lends credence to the view that Israel was behind 9/11 in any way, so please don't take it as such. I do think it possible however that Israel's intelligence community, being about %5000 times more effective than America's in terms of mid-east HUMINT, may have gotten wind of something, which subsequently leaked, for whatever reason (eg, an intel agent's compassion for friends in the US?)

-koji K.

[edit on 10-7-2004 by koji_K]

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Wow, this is big. Why would Israelis have been warned if these were Arabs? Apparently, Arabs don't like Jews as many like to stipulate. But what if some Israelis were working jointly?

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
Wow, this is big. Why would Israelis have been warned if these were Arabs? Apparently, Arabs don't like Jews as many like to stipulate. But what if some Israelis were working jointly?

There are alot of unansweed question about 911. Also of the speculatation and circumstances are pointing at Israel. The case of the five with mossad ties taping the disaster and starting before the first plane hit with commercial grade equipment.... etc etc. I would sure like to get some answers.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I guess you have to ask, Who benefits? Israel benefits from a greater Western presence in the Mid East allowing for Isrealis to infiltrate other Mid East territories. America benefits from greater spying and control on US citizens.

[edit on 10-7-2004 by Jamuhn]

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
I guess you have to ask, Who benefits? Israel benefits from a greater Western presence in the Mid East allowing for Isrealis to infiltrate other Mid East territories. America benefits from greater spying and control on US citizens. [edit on 10-7-2004 by Jamuhn]

Sharon pratically tripped over himself in an effort to get US support to basically go into Gaza and start killing people on 912. Since then despite the "roadmap" the IDF has essential turned the West Bank into a concentration camp. 911 essential with defacto support from the US allowed them to go forewad with this. I agree with you on the domestic spying. Ashcroft is not the guy I want controlling my civil liverties.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Sharon pratically tripped over himself in an effort to get US support to basically go into Gaza and start killing people on 912. Since then despite the "roadmap" the IDF has essential turned the West Bank into a concentration camp. 911 essential with defacto support from the US allowed them to go forewad with this. I agree with you on the domestic spying. Ashcroft is not the guy I want controlling my civil liverties.

Yea the problem with all lawyers and the Attorney General is their reponsibility first to the court/gov, and then to the clients/people. They do whatever it takes to make the fed gov stronger, which takes away the power of the people. The problem is that they fail to recognize its the people that made America what it is.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Remember they work for us. So when they do their jobs as badly as they are doing now we throw them out. We take them to the curb like the trash they are.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a google search revealed the following thread, which deals with the same issue:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

-koji K.

new topics

top topics

join