It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RCMP probe report saying Canadians training with al-Qaida in Pakistan for jihad

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

RCMP probe report saying Canadians training with al-Qaida in Pakistan for jihad

ca.news.yahoo.com

Hong Kong-based Asia Times Online cites "well-placed Taliban sources" saying the terrorist group is training a number of Western Caucasians — Canadians in particular— for attacks in Canada.

Assistant RCMP commissioner Gilles Michaud told the Canadian Press Friday that the Mounties and their security and intelligence partners were assessing the information in the report for its "credibility and reliability."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Hmmm.. White caucasians, particularaly Canadians raises concerns for me, after all those eye'ing me in North America because I am a brown muslim, afraid I will blow myself up, this cracks me up, a terrorist does NOT have to be a MUSLIM, and after I saw those hateful comments spewed on media websites, I just lost 90% of my faith in humanity for these present times we live in.

I would like to share the ignorancy of people who do not read the article anymore, but just read the headline and post comments that really do hurt me:

"Throw them in Guantanamo bay and let them have the@#$%meat sandwich. LOL"

"Where ar u Canadians?Go into streets and protest! Demand all muslims Sikhs Tamils to be deported!Stop immigration!All I see, is new mosques being built in Canada!Canadians are not going to march in streets to stop immigration, and Canada will cease to exist as a state, in near future,thanks to Canadian indiference!"

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
it was refreshing to see that some (in the comments section) can see the real story. that is:
another excuse to profile, harass, and enslave every single member of the worldwide police state that is coming. you are no longer citizens, you are now prisoners under house arrest. you no longer have rights. soooooo transparent to anyone who's been paying attention to the news behind the news.
"they" are trying to turn everyone against everyone else in a big wave of media induced paranoia. the way to "fight"?
love thy neighbor.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Daniyal

Well put. There is a whole heap of racial hatred on ATS. The ignorance if translated to the security forces will cost human life. No one seems to understand the enemy are fundamentalist Islamic terrorists who follow the Wahabi end of Islam!
edit on 15-1-2011 by tiger5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
The same people that made those ignorant comments are the children of those who think a war in the middle east will stop terrorism.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Daniyal

"I would like to say f**k the sick pedophile Allah and all the sick freaks who praise and follow it and it's beliefs.

You are right. God is not a pedophile, although Mohammed sure was....

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
This may still be a propaganda move by the terrorists. Still Islam accepts all races so why not use Caucasians. Often the new converts are the most zealous.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
It sickened me that as a white man, me growing a long beard just because I chose to got comments even from my own family that I was al-Qaeda or bin Laden despite me not liking any religion. All because the media has made it so that people associate terrorism with Muslims or people with long beards regardless of ethnicity and faith (or lack thereof in my case). I ended up shaving of my beard because of that but it's soul destroying to know that the public can harass and blame a particular section of society just because of a few fanatics.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I imagine these caucasian terrorists would try to infiltrate security and law enforcement agencies and depending on their education, sensitive government positions. It might not even be true, just misinformation because from what i heard on CBC, new recruits go to Afghanistan because Al Qaeda can't spare any new troops right now. So this may be another blow to reason as Canada slips further into a paranoid state.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Crikey.

Not so much to the Canadians in taliban training camps - we've had British nationals trained in them, doesn't really matter what colour they are, they were British, regional accents and everything.

No, Crikey is about not only the extraordinarily intelligent (sic.)* responses that the post elicited, both beneath the article and on ATS. I mean, considering that these posters had their heads buried well up their sphincters as they spouted race-hate, they must have been geniuses to be able to type, right?

[size=-3]
*For those that don't know, but would: (sic.) following any word, phrase or sentence by TheWill indicates that the word, phrase or sentence does not represent his own views, and is either his satirical representation of an alternative viewpoint; lamentation of such cloaked in sarcasm; or simply added for humorous effect.
edit on 15/1/2011 by TheWill because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Being Muslim isn't necessarily a "brown" thing. Your religion isn't tied to your genes.

I would not be surprised to find that there are Canadians, of several varieties (we aren't all white), who may be doing this.

There certainly are men who are looking to recruit here. The next set I expect to be from men who immigrated and are looking for "white" wives with children already. Gives them accesss to white children who they can bring up.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Sigh..., Are these the same "well-placed Taliban sources" that have been so indispensable for locating Osama bin Laden?

There is really very little to know about what is going on so far, and as Jo public I’m sure we will never really know what this about.

This could be anything including a group of vigilantes that have gone over to infiltrate al-Qaida. It could be propaganda on Canada’s part to justify new black budget funds or it could be just about anything else. I don't believe anything that hits the media from over there, period. It amazes me how often we have caught the military or government either placing propaganda into the media or lying to cover their buts and yet most of the public still takes what they say for granted.

I got a kick out of the comment from the RCMP stating that they would take any appropriate action. What are they going to do, use our non-existent defense satellite to locate the training facility so that our non-existent black ops team can go and deal with the supposed traitors? Will they take appropriate action or will they take action that looks for votes? Will they take whatever minimalistic action is left to them after they decide what isn't going to offend every other interested government in the world?

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daniyal

Hmmm.. White caucasians, particularaly Canadians raises concerns for me, after all those eye'ing me in North America because I am a brown muslim, afraid I will blow myself up, this cracks me up, a terrorist does NOT have to be a MUSLIM, and after I saw those hateful comments spewed on media websites, I just lost 90% of my faith in humanity for these present times we live in.

I would like to share the ignorancy of people who do not read the article anymore, but just read the headline and post comments that really do hurt me:

"Throw them in Guantanamo bay and let them have the@#$%meat sandwich. LOL"

"Where ar u Canadians?Go into streets and protest! Demand all muslims Sikhs Tamils to be deported!Stop immigration!All I see, is new mosques being built in Canada!Canadians are not going to march in streets to stop immigration, and Canada will cease to exist as a state, in near future,thanks to Canadian indiference!"

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
RCMP can blow this out of their ass.

Nothing but lies designed to further the US-planned joint security initiatives that will keep tabs on all Canadians. Good thing most intelligent Canadians have already lost faith in our current government and its policies of domestic security (as in securing the domestic population).

Seriously, white caucasian Canadians fighting for Al-Qaeda? I would say around 25% of the local population of urban BC are people straight out of Asia, a good portion from western Asia. If there was going to be any Canadians joining jihad then why would it be caucasian Canadians with NO logical interest in this conflict as opposed to elements in our population may already have the connections?

Unless, of course, these caucasian Canadians have been wronged by our own involvement in the "War on Terror". Then who is to blame, other than those who direct our own policies?
edit on 15-1-2011 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by tiger5
reply to post by Daniyal

Well put. There is a whole heap of racial hatred on ATS. The ignorance if translated to the security forces will cost human life. No one seems to understand the enemy are fundamentalist Islamic terrorists who follow the Wahabi end of Islam!

Excuse me but Islam isn't a race, this how Muslims always try to defend themselves by claiming that Islam is a race,which isn't.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
RCMP can blow this out of their ass.

Seriously, white caucasian Canadians fighting for Al-Qaeda? I would say around 25% of the local population of urban BC are people straight out of Asia, a good portion from western Asia. If there was going to be any Canadians joining jihad then why would it be caucasian Canadians with NO logical interest in this conflict as opposed to elements in our population may already have the connections?

Unless, of course, these caucasian Canadians have been wronged by our own involvement in the "War on Terror". Then who is to blame, other than those who direct our own policies?
edit on 15-1-2011 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

Well there has always been caucasian moslems. Moslems come in all shapes and colours. Using caucasians terrorists makes perfect sense especially where unofficial racial profiling is used.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Originally posted by tiger5
reply to post by Daniyal

Excuse me but Islam isn't a race, this how Muslims always try to defend themselves by claiming that Islam is a race,which isn't.

Consider yourself excused! Did you read the second post in this thread?????

You are against multiculturalism which I find suspect. There is an underlying tone that I have seen on ATS many times that is is one of pure racism. Also many people look around and make comment about the skin colour of the moslems or country of origin (non Caucasian) which is racism in my book.

So you are against mosques being built. Fine what about churches, synagogues etc. Are you specifically against mosques? If so that too is racist. Sorry to be blunt! If these people have legitimately chosen to spend their money building a mosque that complies with all relevant laws leave them be!

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
A few comments in this thread mirror the comments the MSM made in the UK last year that muslim fundamentalists who wish to cause harm and go against the teachings of Islam in doing so will want to target caucasians into their cause to bypass the stereoypical profiling that is prevalent in society, therefore no one would suspect a white person to be a part of al-Qaeda or any other terrorist cell.

To tar all muslims and people of race and colour with the same brush though is pushing the boundaries of racism though, can't forget that.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
canadian caucasians?
I do not believe it for one second

see the thing with truth is that truth always makes the most sense
this does not make sense

if this is true it's maybe 2 canadian caucasians doing it for buckets and buckets of money

Propoganda because even if it has some truth it's not the full story

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
This is just more fearmongering by the goverment and its lakeys.
The RCMP can smell the extra overtime, and gear appropriations, as well as force increases too...
The phoney war on terror is designed to bleed us white while scaring us into giving up our rights to a copycat nazified goverment.Owned by the corporate hedgemony...
There is the stink of deliberately divisive disinfo on this crap, and i dont for one second believe it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join