It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vatican Denies Teaming With Discovery Channel For Real-Life Exorcism Series

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Vatican Denies Teaming With Discovery Channel For Real-Life Exorcism Series

www.datelinezero.com

A new show called “The Exorcist Files,” to air on the Discovery channel, has stirred up some controversy — and understandably so.

One huge problem: The Discovery Channel has claimed that they have collaborated with the Vatican in the production of the forthcoming television series. However according to multiple Vatican officials, the Church had no official involvement with the series and the Vatican does not even have a group of exorcists.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
insidetv.ew.com
www.foxnews.com[ /url]
[url=http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/vatican-not-collaborating-with-discovery-channels-exorcism-series-says-spokesman/]www.catholicnewsagency .com

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
This is actually pretty funny, although very brazen on the part of the Discovery Channel.

Discovery President GM Clark Bunting was boasting to Entertainment Weekly that they have a new reality-based tv series that will reenact exorcism cases. The information will be gathered from Vatican records of such cases. He also stated that they will be getting cooperation from "exorcist teams."

Funnier still, Bunting said that in the future, camera crews from Discovery Channel might follow these exorcist teams in "demon-purging ride-alongs." ???

Several officials at the Vatican have been asked about this. They all deny that anyone connected with the Vatican is working with the Discovery Channel. They also have pointed out that there are no "exorcist teams." That's but one function of ordained clergy.

Honestly, the image of a dozen enthusiastic Catholic priests piling into a van for a "demon-purging" road trip kinda cracks me up.

www.datelinezero.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Not funny at all. I hope this doesn't happen. I've heard and read too many stories about priests going nuts with the "demons" and killing the person in the process!! I don't have the source but there was a story a few years ago I read about a priest in California putting a plastic bag over a little girl's head to "exorcise' the demon she had within her. She died because of this nonsense.

Anything to make a buck.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by mother1138

Discovery President GM Clark Bunting was boasting to Entertainment Weekly that they have a new reality-based tv series that will reenact exorcism cases. The information will be gathered from Vatican records of such cases. He also stated that they will be getting cooperation from "exorcist teams."

From the sound of that quote it sounds like carefully worded hyperbole and double-speak. He mentions Vatican records which probably means some previously public files and then mentions 'exorcist teams' in the next breath but doesn't actually relate them to the Vatican.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by DevilJin

Some sources.
Russian woman killed in failed exorcism.

The people in the source below SAT on the little boy's body to exorcise him!!

Preacher guilty in boy's exorcism death

more exorcism deaths

Romanian priest jailed for exorcism death

Quote from the BBC source above:

Irina Cornici, 23, died after being starved and chained to a cross at a secluded convent in the north-east.

There are probably many more if you do the search. Exorcism should be banned or at least monitored because SOME religious folks often ignore the psychological aspect of a "possessed" person and attribute the emotional problems a person may experience to the spiritual world of demons and possession, thus ignoring any rational explanation.

edit on 15-1-2011 by DevilJin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by DevilJin

That's because they do not do things "by the book".

I have a digitised (by me) version of the official Roman ritual "Exorcism celebration" manual, and I don't remember seeing any reference to stuffing crucifixes inside people, filling them with holly water or sitting on them.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Imagine that!
The Vatican AND..........our governments' lie to us?
Say it ain't so

Well denying ain't quite lying is it? It's sorta equivalent to closing your eyes while shooting a gun at someone. After all you can honestly say you didn't see what happened!

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Does that mean that you don't believe the Vatican but believe a TV channel?

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by mother1138

I just hope the people who are being filmed realise exactly what they are letting themselves in for. My "exorcism" by a spiritual-healer/consultant psychiatrist was filmed by the bbc. I was totally misrepresented. This man had confirmed my suspicions that i was a medium and claimed he could help with my neurological problems and then told the beeb i was his psychiatric patient! presumably because they wouldve been reluctant to film(and give him publicity) had they known i had serious physical health problems.He also asked me to make lots of notes on my psychic experiences....and now hes written a book on it,though he admits he's never had any such experiences himself.He gave talks about me-for a fee of course- and when i told him i was in financial dire straits and wondered what i could do he consulted the i-ching!..and came up with nothing!

top topics

join