It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

government scanners? strange light on TV screen

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 04:03 AM
link   
many years back i saw a thing about t.v.'s and something in them that made the do weird things,like go buy bags of dog food,even though they did not own a dog.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Leeeddie2...Are you talking about subliminal messages? That was started way back. The eye doesn't pickup on these only the subconscious mind does. Some movies had subliminal messages in them. This light I mentioned could be seen. It never happened before this time period and hasn't happened since.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Nope. I havent seen it. But how could you scan something through a T.V.?

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Subliminal messages FNORD are not limited to television.

They can, and have, been found in virtually all forms of FNORD human communication for centuries.

If you look FNORD for them, you might even see subliminal messages on Internet discussion forums.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   
AD5673

I don't believe the light was a scanner. Or maybe it was. I don't know. I don't know what caused it. It was a friend of mine who said the wave I felt over my face was a scanner. These are two separate experiences. But was happening at the same time period. I am guessing it was some sort of listening or tracking device, or other equipment.
But AD5673... About the light..I'm with you, how can it be a scanner?

So far.. there is one other poster,who has seen the red light in the center of their TV . This also occured once at the same time period. I didn't connect the two at the time, thought it was the DVD???
I know someone out there has seen this.........either one
anyone know what this was????

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Majic
Thanks. I checked out FNORD...had never heard this before. Have gotton those kind of emails too.
I agree subliminal messages are in music and other medias.

What about phone calls??? Ever get an annoying caller, every day...and it is some unknown company leaving a 1 800 number..asking you to call them back. This happened to me......And after months of these calls.... I carefully listened to the number twice ...wrote the # down, called to tell them to never call me again...Then I get an answering machine(voice mail) saying ...you have reached the office of special investigations , then it started with names and voice mails... press this # for so-in-so ...well I checked the number this company left with the number I called and It was all the same except the last number. As I stated, I listened to this number twice but still wrote it down one number off....maybe just a coincidence...But here is a thought if there was a subliminal message that couldn't be heard loud enough for the ear to desern... but was heard (by subconscious) and the subconscious picked it up then maybe this would work....???

Any thoughts on this?

[edit on 11-7-2004 by ms_Bhavn]

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   
As is my custom, I was being somewhat tongue-in-cheek about the FNORDS.

The Discordians are a comical example, but in truth literally every human being on the planet is bombarded with subliminal messages and symbols of every imaginable kind.

This "flux" of subliminal messages is a natural consequence of the way our minds function, but being a means of communication -- facial expressions, tone of voice, body language, choice of words, symbols, etc. are all subliminally processed -- it is also an attractive channel for asserting control, particularly since it frequently bypasses conscious filtering.

Methods of subliminal persuasion as currently practiced vary substantially, ranging from ancient to cutting-edge, but they are all effective to one degree or another.

The first step toward being able to detect them consciously is to accept the fact that they exist. You would be surprised how few people are willing to take that step. If you choose to, what you subsequently learn will no doubt change your view of the world.

As for the 800 phone number "coincidence", I recommend that you determine which "office of special investigations" you had contacted, as well as who was actually leaving the messages, if possible.

Try googling for the numbers and checking internet "white pages" search engines. Failing that, you may actually want to try leaving a message (if you dare) with one of those voice mail boxes and ask what is going on -- but not in so many words. Just say you are returning their call, and see what they have to say. Be truthful, but don't volunteer any information, and never disclose personal information over the phone.

In general, the principle I recommend following is to back up suspicions with research. Sometimes, this can seem a bit spooky, but allowing your fears to pile up on you is usually much spookier.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Majic
Thanks!
You are so correct. I did alow all this to pile up. And it is scary. My guess with the 1-800 # was this was the number for the employees/agents. I tried to find the number it wasn't listed. It will take some intestinal fortitude to call this #....
I don't think I have that. LOL

I will be more aware of these subliminal methods.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   
It�s those darn discarnate entities again���.

Just joking, could not resist.

No a standard TV vacuum tube cannot be reversed like a speaker to view or scan a room, neither can a LCD screen. I cannot speak for the newer HD TV�s or Plasma screens, however; I have never fixed one of them. It sound more like you are having an electron gun behind the tube go bad, and yes one of these guns is red.

I had this happen on a TV once, and it would look like a pair of eyes looking at you after you shut the TV off, it was really creepy. It scared the crap out of me and one of my girlfriends when it happened. I found out from one of the electronics mechanics at NW airlines that this is called eyes on the tube, and happens when the guns start to fail.

The only other thing that it possibly sounds like is your screens have been exposed to an electromagnetic field and need to be degaussed. The High power magnets on the polygraphs at my work do this to computer screens, and over time the distorted area will grow to reach the center of the screen.

If someone were spying on you they would most likely place a camera in one of your vents or a fire alarm. They already know what you look like so what good does it do to get a picture of you watching TV. I think they would set stuff up to monitor from as far back in the room as possible to pick up any activities going on in the room, and a high area close to one of the walls makes most sense to me.

Main thing is don�t go poking around in it looking for anything unless you know what you are doing. TV�s have voltage triplers in them and are one of the few appliances that can fry your butt if you touch the wrong part.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Defcon5

Thanks! I'm not going to go poking around in it. It's a new TV and shouldn't have problems. The spot doesn't show up anymore. The one's at my job were (all of them) doing the same, during the same time period. Now they don't show that light spot either, nor the red. Sure is strange isn't it.???
Thanks again
good explaination

Wondering.... what would cause electromatic field at my house and at my job???

[edit on 12-7-2004 by ms_Bhavn]

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Not sure why ALL the monitors at work would be doing the same thing, did you ask someone in IT.

They can watch what you are doing on your computer remotely, using something like Win VNC (and if it�s the government, you would never know it was running on your machine), including taking your picture through a connected web cam, so I would see no reason they would need to use your monitor.

As far as magnetic fields, well you know what I do from the other thread, and using equipment that is that sensitive you see lots of 60 Hz noise, you would be surprised how much sometimes. When I was in school, we used to take that equipment to people�s houses, and run tests there. If the person lived close to electric lines, a sub station, etc, there was tons of 60 Hz, and tons of electromagnetic fields that where just floating through the air�

As a matter of fact this might relate to the problem that you where mentioning on the other thread. One of the things parapsychologist check for is electromagnetic fields.....

One more thought if you think that everyone at work was being spied on, not knowing what type of work you do or how many people you work with, I occurs to me that there may be something there that is going on but they do not know who to watch, so they are watching everyone�

BUT your still cannot reverse a regular Cathode Ray tube to record like a camera; if someone wanted to watch you from your TV they would have to hide a camera in the cabinet and a device to send the signal back through the cable line to be intercepted.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Actually I have one more question, is this something that only happens when you get close to the screen, or are others at work seeing it when you are not around?

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I am too new here to be sure if it�s OK or not to quote from another thread, in this thread. This quote is from parker on your other thread shows what I mean about the magnetism:

Originally posted by parker
Finally a person who was good at astral projection asked if they could help and identified a male spirit that was atrracted to the high electrical energy that my recording equipment in my basement produced, and it happend that this fellow was young and liked the music as well (this was back in 1986 and i was new to astral projection or this type of phenom).

It does seem to be a possible correlation that is why I am bringing it up here. I still think that both may have mundane causes though, and might be easily explained and taken care of. Is there any other weird stuff that is going on?

The reason that I ask is possibility of these items having a common cause starts to build a bigger picture, and if there is more, it might complete the picture, so to say�

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 06:39 PM
link   
defcon5

To answer your questions, no I didn't ask anyone on IT,only ask at work, no one knew. The computers there didn't seem to be affected, nor my personal computer.

Wow...web cam. I don't have one, and will probably not get one!!!LOL
You mentioned cable we use satelite dishes....can that work the same as cable lines??

Others had seen this too, I'm not sure if it happened when I wasn't there...they didn't say. Also I wasn't always close to the screen when it happened.
Astral projection...I have had two, unwilled and three OBE's also unwilled. I have noticed in the past when I got near the TV ,it would lose reception and get stacticy.. but hasn't happened lately, also the radio sometimes acts the same way...but this is the case for everyone??? Hasn't happened in a while..

Thanks...let me know what you think

Also something I forgot to mention... at this same time...whever I turned on the ceiling fan the sound of the switch ,click sound...would come thru the TV speaker, even when the TV was off. Also my alarm/radio when turned on would pickup conversations then the music would play. But this would only be about 2 seconds of someone's conversation. Both of these have also stopped happening.

Thanks!!

[edit on 12-7-2004 by ms_Bhavn]

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I am getting ready to walk out the door to go the other side of the state for two days, so this will be brief.
I am just going to tell you where I was going with this, then you can do some research yourself, and I will give it some thought as well while I am away and check the thread again when I get back.

The reason I was asking if it happened when you were not around is to eliminate if it was something on or about you personally, like your car phone, if you wear a magnetic bracelet, if you have a pacemaker, etc.

If it is something that was going on at work I would let your IT department or the person that maintains your computers know about it.

The earth has been getting bombarded by solar storms over the last week; it has the ability to effect electronic equipment, and especially satellite equipment. Depending where you are in the world this might have had more effect on your area then others, and have even effected the satellite provides and electric company in your area.

I do not know if a normal satellite dish has the ability to transmit or not, but I see no reason why it could not other then home models my not have the extra equipment on them to transmit back to the satellite, and the satellite might not know what to do with the data once it received it. I am not really up on satellite technology; you might find someone else here that is.

The thing with the fan and radio at first look seemed mundane, but may not be. The radiation from my cell phone ringing often sets off my alarm clock radio if it is close by. It is common to send an electrical spike through your house when you shut off or turn on certain devices, and that is going to often show on devices that transmit and receive signals. Like when you turn on an electric razor and the TV goes nuts and it gets static. But this does not usually show up on appliances that are shut off, it sounds to me like there might be something weird with the wiring in your house.

The conversations on the radio, sounds like the frequencies got crossed, again this might all have to do with the solar storm, you can find info about if on the web, check space.com, and space weather.com..

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Thanks

Sounds logical.....Sorry, to take so long coming back to this thread....went out of town.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Why is the first sign of looking around and observing the world around you is quickly associated with a psychological handbook designed to cover-up any notion of something really being wrong. If you think someone is bothering you, it is called paranoid pschitzo whatever. I mean, no 5 step scientific process that goes into a database that cross checks it with similar cases just in case. It's all howked about and laughed at by a bunch of people whose only chance of making in really money is if they get a PHD. I believe ATS serves as a nice stopping point to check your sanity against the sanity of others no matter how weird it sounds. I keep doing constant checks of all the stories and about 70% of the stories arrive here before they arrive anywhere else. Therefore, things posted on this site has a high probability of being true if you simply clear the earwax from around you medula and tempanic membranes.

Or, I could just have peanut butter in my drawers.

[edit on 22-7-2004 by pfunkarocka]

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ms_Bhavn
AD5673

So far.. there is one other poster,who has seen the red light in the center of their TV . This also occured once at the same time period. I didn't connect the two at the time, thought it was the DVD???
I know someone out there has seen this.........either one
anyone know what this was????

Red light or red spot ?

I used to repair TV's and doing a color convergence would cause a red spot on the CRT, it sounds as if there is a problem with the yoke on the CRT, or possibaly something magnetic near the CRT...

BTW...

In order to put a "scanner" or any type of device in the CRT, it would have to be done at the manufactureing level of the CRT, and would cost big $$$ to create it, you can't just go and use a "CIA device" to spy on people through the CRT ( the CRT doesn't work that way )...

So...I don't think you are being spied upon, or anything like that...

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Hello Yoda. Small red light, like lazer ...very bright. Interesting you mentioned the CIA ...Before all these weird happenings I emailed the CIA ...a question. Within 12 hours after the email. I had a cyber intruder. This was the start of all this. Will never do that again!!!

Live and learn.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join