It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

government scanners? strange light on TV screen

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Has anyone noticed a large light on the screen of their TV's? It seems to be coming from within. I noticed it for a short time at my house and the one's at work. This went on for about 3 weeks .. doesn't show up anymore, at work or at my house.

Also... has anyone felt a wave feeling sweeping over their face..I know this is weird ...but it happened to me, back in March. I ask a friend he told me it was the government, some sorta scanner. I was wondering has anyone heard of this and has anyone experienced either of these???

What about scanners??

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 01:16 AM
link   
While the government has some extremely cool gadgets, I'm willing to bet that you are not the target of them, unless you are, for some reason, a "person of interest".

If you are associated with activities that would be of interest to national security, there may be something going on. If not, don't let the gifts of sensitivity and imagination lead you down the primrose path of psychosis.

A classic symptom of paranoid schizophrenia is when you think they are specifically watching or out to get YOU personally, even though, in reality, you are not involved in anything that would reasonably draw attention to you.

Then again, you never know...

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Thanks Majic. No... I'm am not usually paranoid about anything. Just some really weird things started happening earlier this year. I thought I was being targeted. Don't know exactly why. I was being followed, I am not crazy!!!

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ms_Bhavn
Has anyone noticed a large light on the screen of their TV's? It seems to be coming from within.

Yup, every time I turn it on. Same thing with my computer monitor. Strangely enough, it goes away whenever I turn it off!

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Anyways, I'm sure it's just your imagination going wild. Or do you have something to hide? Huh? TELL US!!! If you don't tell us, we WILL find out.

* beginning brain wave scan *

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Yea I know it sounds crazy about 2 yrs ago I am traveling down the road. My vehicle fills up with this gas or something. Smells like ozone(like before a rain) except alot stronger. It burnt my nose and throat, well I pull over and run out. I told some friends and family about this... well I'm not sure what sparked all these recent weird things. I opened two bank accounts that's when I noticed I was being followed.
Then I needed to rent a U haul,all very innocent... So I am followed there, when I get there the man at the UHaul place wasn't the man I talked to who said he would be there. Then this man a cop( I assume )ask me what I was going to do with the UHaul...Duh!!!

My computer is broke into twice.. it thinks it is on a network, the address on the bottom line (there are three,) the last address has the letters NASA in it, it shows with all connections.... need I continue???

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 02:02 AM
link   
PurdueNuc

This light was round, and fuzzy, did not fill up the entire screen always seemed to be in the bottom right of the screen but was large so it extented to the center.

I thought I was being investigated, for what I don't know. Maybe they thought I was a terriorist. Strange.

I feel like I need to defend my sanity.. Hello... is there anybody in there?

[edit on 10-7-2004 by ms_Bhavn]

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 02:18 AM
link   
If you are being investigated by a competent agency (and believe me, most are), I can assure you, there would be literally nothing to tip you off. Those guys do that for a living, are extremely well-trained, have the coolest gadgets and techniques you could imagine, and they're damn good at it.

On the other hand, if you ran afoul of the Elbonian Secret Police, anything goes.

You may want to start documenting this stuff with a journal and maybe start carrying around a small digital camera for capturing weird stuff when it happens, including photographing anyone you think is following you.

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you, and just because they're out to get you doesn't mean you aren't paranoid.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Maybe you ARE a terrorist. Maybe there's a such thing as a were-terrorist; you blow stuff up when there is a full moon.

Actually, something DID freak me out a couple of nights ago, but I am repeatedly assuring myself that my TV was just picking up UHF, even though the antenna isn't hooked up, and I had the DVD player operating at the time.

I was starting my DVD of "Signs", and the screen was a bit fuzzy. In the center of the screen was the figure of a person, just there and sitting still. No sound distortion accompanied this. The static went away and so did the fuzz. I assured myself that 3 beers and an hour on ATS were to blame, and proceeded to watch a movie which makes me afraid of the dark.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 02:56 AM
link   

... I thought I was being targeted. Don't know exactly why. I was being followed, I am not crazy!!!

Allow me to relate from recent past experience. And yes, as you said in another of your posts the feds could be checking you out as a terrorist. In my case, and was it ever wild....and a long story. It all began, in Hawaii, right before 9/11 and really intensified after the tragedy. And went on for most of a year. My former background had taken me all over the Middle Eastern countries(as a merchant mariner) and then I jumped into telecom, building, erecting towers and this took me to many sensitive installations all over the country, including Hawaii.
Well, to summarize, there were quite a few server computers stolen from the warehouse of the company I worked for, right after I arrived on Oahu. And you can believe this- I know the feeling of being constantly surveilled. And followed. It is not a pleasent feeling. They really spent some money tracking me- watching me, etc. I had a faint red light on my tv screen- in the center and was discernable when the background of the picture was blue or black.
There is nothing you can do. I know the feeling of being innocent and having all the eyes on you. I started messing with them...even tried to take them dunkin donuts and coffee one morning. They did not appreciate it and hauled off in the vehicle they were in when I was about 20 feet from them.
Don't worry, man- just carry on with your normal activities. You are not crazy, but they will make you believe you are if you let them get to you!
I am curious, could this be job related? If you worked around anything sensitive, could be a reason why. Or an associate of yours could possibly be bringing attention to you-

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I get strange feelings too, but really it's only since I started getting interested in conspiracy trype things. I think that when you think about conspiracies, UFOs, aliens etc a lot, then you are going to be much more likely to think everything is suspicious. Also like someone said, only people of interest or with certain knowledge are targeted.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   
If it's true and you are being tracked and have nothing to hide, I wouldn't worry about it. Of course that is easy for me to say cause I'm not the one being tracked... just try to stay calm.

Use free scanners to keep trojens and spyware etc off your PC. Put up a good firewall. I think there is a program that can track your computer for you.. show you what's been typed on it.. files created... programs opened.. I'd get it.. sorry I don't know what it's called.

gl

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Hello Majic
OK... I will try this again. I just replied to you, and it went into oblivion. Not sure what Elbonian Secret Police are?? All of this started early Feb. went on for two months approx. (as for as I know) I don't think I'm being watched now.
Not paranoid.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   
The Vagabond
LOL.... No terriorist or were-terriorist here! This light on the screens don't show anymore. It showed off and on just during the time period I stated. Feb. and March.
What you described sounds weird. I think it was in March I got a blank screen, no sound distortion, no pic. or image, then this really strange warning signal came on. Hasn't happened since. It remided me of a CCTV but with no image.

What you described sounds scarry, maybe you should have it checked out.

[edit on 10-7-2004 by ms_Bhavn]

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Journey
Wow ..you too. Sounds like they thought you were a terriorist. Yes it does piss a person off when all this is happening. And you are right ...just go about your activities.
Eventually they'll figure they don't have any evidence. I'm sure it isn't job related. I've never been overseas, nor have I worked any gov. sensitive jobs.....so it's hard to say. Maybe it was because of the people I know...Knew. Hard to say. I was wondering about this person I know, he was made to strip to his underwares at an airport... because he changed flights at the last minute....it was a false alarm, this person I can't even conceive as being a terriorist. Maybe it is related??? Too weird. Suspose I 'll never know.

You mentioned the red light on the center of the TV screen. I saw that once. In March, I believe. It was exactly as you described it. Wondering what it is????? I thought it was from the DVD that was playing. Do you know?

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Kevvosa
It seems people are targeted for different reasons.Getting stripped searched for changing flights. Some people are bothered by conspiracy related material. It normally doesn't bother me, because I don't believe aliens exist on this earth, and the only UFO's in the sky belong to gov.'s. But, I am open minded, still waiting for proof.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   
UnusualMe, Thanks!
If you find out about this program, let me know.
First time someone got in...all the security features had been turned off, except the antivirus. I went to Symatec security after this , read details....If a government agency asks for your registration # they have to give it. With the # , your security can be turned off, or this is what I've been told, correct me if I'm wrong. Is this the easiest way to invade someone's computer? I had a program tell me my registration had been tampered with. Forgot which one it was.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   

[...] Not sure what Elbonian Secret Police are?? [...]

I must apologize: I have a penchant for obscure humor. "Elbonia" is a fictitious country that appeared in the Dilbert comic strip series. A very poor country that had little more than mud as a natural resource, the clever Elbonians lifted themselves to stunning wealth by marketing their mud as a beauty product.

In this context, I'm (obliquely) referring to the possibility that if you are being monitored, that it is not necessarily by the U.S. government.

As it happens, every single government on earth (as well as thousands of businesses and non-governmental agencies) employs and deploys intelligence agents, investigators, informants, collaborators, moles and contractors of every stripe. There are millions of these fish swimming in the sea of human society at any given moment, have been for a very long time, and their numbers are swelling exponentially.

The skills, methods, technologies and resources available to these operatives varies substantially. At the top end are the ultra-secret covert agencies sponsored by wealthy nations, while at the bottom are poor nations and shoestring organizations with little training and more resourcefulness than resources. Some are laughably inept, others are dangerously inept.

Don't forget that there are many private investigators in business throughout the world, and their resources also vary substantially. They do a great deal more work than most people know, from tracking cheating spouses to extralegal evidence gathering.

Bear in mind, surveillance techniques can be as simple as flashing a badge to your neighbors and asking them questions and as complex as neural implants (and even more exotic stuff than that, not that I would know, of course).

But regardless of all this (and believe me, it is a fascinating topic in itself), the bottom line is that if nobody is interested in you or what you are doing, nobody is going to bother monitoring you.

And that's a reassuring thought.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   
So is the idea?
1. Keep a low profile
2. Keep your eye's and ears open
3. Keep a pack of quick get-away survivalist items tucked in the closet

Question: How likely is internet activity to put a person in someone's sights?

PS.I still need to get that get-away bag packed. Should i get a mountain bike? hmmm.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Thanks Majic... makes alot of sense.

Slank, got to get my survival kit..LOL

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by slank
Question: How likely is internet activity to put a person in someone's sights?

It depends on the activity, and depends on the person.

Depending on what you do, where you do it, and who sees it, the consequences of your actions could range from nothing (the most common by far) to ending up on a junk mail list to being the subject of a high-priority criminal investigation by the FBI, with many, many possibilities in between.

As for the rest, being prepared is never a bad idea.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join