It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Middle School Student Behavior

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Brown Bear

Kuddos!

At least someone here has the balls to call out what is painstakingly obvious to the intelligent minds that have done the proper research. Since the industrial revolution, the conventional survival of the fittest mechanism which progressed our species has been virtually extinguished. It truly started at the onset with civilization itself, but let's keep it simple and point towards the most drastic transitional period.

For anyone who cares to research this, just do a google search for: genotypic dysgenics, and even phenotypic dysgenics. The improvements in sanitation, medicine, and diet lead the way for the "flynn effect" , which is now declining at a rate about double of what it was previously inclining decades ago. This is really, really bad news. It means the genotypic dysgenics is no longer being offset by the phenotypic eugenics.

What does this mean? Just search between the relationship of IQ and: health, criminal activity, & morality. Essentially, it can be seen that in countries/areas with higher IQ, a higher degree of civility exists. As the IQ of a given country/area declines, so too does the level of civility. You can blame the social system for what's happening, and I do think that there is some blame to be had, but overall I think this is a result of dysgenics. I think perhaps this "no child left behind" policy was actually intended to mask the fact that our species is now unfit, and the majority are mindless scumbags.

Now, you can feel that I'm being unfair. You can tell me I'm just an asshole, but the reasoning is sound, and the data is there for anyone to take a glance at. This is the beginning of the collapse of civilization as we know it. Eventually, it will snowball and anarchy will ensue. That is IF the ruling class sit by and do nothing to generate eugenic effects on the population. Many are already underway, but it seems the stupid are breeding at too high a rate to combat this by benevolent means alone. That's my .02c. Let the flaming ensue, but I won't bother to respond. The truth is self evident, and you guys are free to keep your head up your ass, or research this stuff if you like.

Peace.
edit on 17-1-2011 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions

Now, you can feel that I'm being unfair. You can tell me I'm just an asshole, but the reasoning is sound, and the data is there for anyone to take a glance at. This is the beginning of the collapse of civilization as we know it. Eventually, it will snowball and anarchy will ensue. That is IF the ruling class sit by and do nothing to generate eugenic effects on the population. Many are already underway, but it seems the stupid are breeding at too high a rate to combat this by benevolent means alone. That's my .02c. Let the flaming ensue, but I won't bother to respond. The truth is self evident, and you guys are free to keep your head up your ass, or research this stuff if you like.

Peace.

Perhaps i might be taking a big leap in saying so, but maybe Anarchy will stablize what you and most people on this fourm see as a problem. Some people believe in a killing to save a nation is Justified. Maybe it did good for overall.
Bad did good?
Anarchy=bad, could perhaps cause good?
Extreme problems need Extreme solving.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Anttyk47

Yes, Anarchy is coming into the reality of our world, and when it hits it's stride many of the younger folk are going to find out it isn't what they thought it would be... of course many others will gleefully participate in massively negative undertakings as they are already doing.

The main point in the discussions so far is Lack of Respect.. not just for Elders who have wisdom, not just for Primary Care Givers who suffer the most from children pushing too hard to be adults with adult rights which leads towards more violence against the Primary Care Giver, not just for how things are done in the Real World of Adults.. but moreso a lack of Self-Respect.. which is the saddest point in this reality so far and the main thing to be addressed into our combined future.

My hope is that we all choose to build anew after the demise of the current system... and that we build it based on Equality, Fairness, Honesty and Integrity.. all the important things currently missing from the world of man in this timeframe.

People in this thread have complained about the behaviours of young children as they grow into ineffective adults with a non-realistic perception of reality.. that is simply part of growing up.. we all have been there and grew through it. And, interestingly enough we all reached a point in later life when we could look back on our teen years in particular and see just how stupid we really were then despite thinking we knew it all at the time.

These things are only part of developing wisdom as we grow.. and it is wisdom that makes Elders have a better grip on the reality around them.. something which peeves the young kids and teens a whole lot... well, until the shoe is on their foot in their own time and they too have to be dragged through what many Care Givers are suffering at the hands of out of Self-Control kids.

It's all good to want to create change.. many of we Elders are in this life to do exactly that in the coming future we are approaching. The younger generations do not understand that many of the older generations see the same problems that need addressing for our future.. and that we do not need to fight about it since we are on the same team in the long term anyway.

The problem lay with how one goes about creating change.. and the main gyst of the entire thread has been about the negative aspects so prevalent in the younger generations.. a kind of Self-Destruct mechanism in play that many simply will not survive, sadly enough.

And it is this point too that concerns we Elders.. how best to have all younger people survive this turmoil so that they too may use their focused-positivity to create great and beneficial change in society.

I do hope you can see these important aspects being pointed out by so many of your Elders who only desire to see you reach the best that you can be as an adult.

edit on 17-1-2011 by Tayesin because: dyslexic brain control over typing fingers.. again

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
The problem is that the government has decided to take the sting out of consequences for bad behavior, and parents are not allowed to parent. When I was in school, before it was terminated, a school could do corporal punishments, parents could spank, and many of the discipline problems what many teachers and parents had, did not exist. The punishments were designed to hurt the student, an F had meaning and teachers used red ink. Students, especially in competitions, had winners and losers, achievements celebrated. If you look, many schools no longer allow or have spankings, parents do not or are not allowed to discipline their own children, without the state getting involved. Teachers, are bound by rules and laws, to the point where they are not able to maintain discipline in the student body, and the day of the red ink is long gone. Students are not shown failure, rather children are coddled in some districts. Long gone are the days of bullying, and some behaviors are pretty much tolerated. In a recent visit to my old high school, it is stated that if they went through and did a locker check, 1 in every three, there was a chance that they would find either a weapon or narcotics. It is a sad that police are now patrolling more and more of the schools, or a school has a police officer assigned to there. Having worked in a school district, and talking with the superintendent of that district, the majority of the complaints were about teachers who were failing students, and the parents would complain. A majority of the students, acted, when told no, like they were slapped and a majority had cell phones on them. If the campus was closed, the students would sneak off, and here again the parents would complain.
The solution, as hard as it is, may be two fold, one being on the parent, take away the cell phones and high tech play toys, to tell the child no, they can not have that video game, or computer, or cell phone. To actually make the child learn how to earn the things they want and desire, turn off the TV or even cancel the cable or satellite TV. And in the schools, treat grades like it was a paycheck, for students that do poorly, or misbehave, fail them, and have the district back up the teacher. Bring actual punishments that hurt into the class. Yes suspensions are part of it, but have it affect the overall grade of the students, rather than give them a chance to make it up, just like a job. If you got suspended from work, chances are it is without pay, no making up the lost time, so children need to learn that there are consequences for their actions, and hold them accountable, rather than just patting them on the head and letting them believe there is no consequences for their actions. The cruelest thing of all, is that many of the children today, by the time they join the work force, will learn this lesson the hard way.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anttyk47

Perhaps i might be taking a big leap in saying so, but maybe Anarchy will stablize what you and most people on this fourm see as a problem. Some people believe in a killing to save a nation is Justified. Maybe it did good for overall.
Bad did good?

Sure, it is one way of solving the problem. I don't, however, believe it's the best way. Why not? Because it causes more long term suffering, and it's likely that much of our history, & cultural works will be lost in the process. It's true that much of our work has already been stored deep underground, but still...I think it's much more wise to be proactive in dealing with this situation. It seems the elite agree with this stance.

BTW, anarchy in itself isn't a bad thing. In theory, it's ideal. In reality, it would be a chaotic nightmare. Not because it can't exist alongside civilization, but because the majority are too stupid to properly self-govern. I can tell you without a doubt in my mind that in my state (Texas) , there would be many class/racial wars amongst the people if the federal and state governments were to implode.

We've tried to educate the people. They deny the lessons, generally speaking. We've tried to give out contraceptives. The stupid are much more likely not to use them. The converse is true, and the more intelligent an individual is, the more likely they are to successfully practice the use of contraceptives. It simply hasn't worked.

I honestly believe the best we can do is to encourage stupid people to become sterilized. Give them money. It's what they understand. Even if we were to offer anyone with an IQ under 90 or so 20 grand for becoming sterilized, it would likely save society untold billions in the long run. Another thing that can be done is simply remove the social safety net. It doesn't benefit our species. Let the weakest of our species perish naturally. It's what other animals do. If one of them is holding back the herd, they are pushed out. This is instinctual. Our higher instincts have actually done us great harm in modern times. It's sane and great to be supportive towards those who would benefit our species and not be a terrible burden on society. For those who cause society more damage than good, give them no support and shun them, but also don't try and cause them any harm. Just let them be. This was at one point in time, common sense. The people are demoralized now, and haven't a clue what's best for the species. Sad, but true.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

Egalitarianism has been markedly displayed in the U.S. (at least) since the end of WW2. This was the beginning of political correctness. It does society great harm to view everyone as equal, as this isn't only irrational, it's a mechanism which binds and blinds...being a belief without basis. The truth is that some are more capable than others, that some are more likely to be criminally minded, and that the social safety nets which have arisen out of egalitarian ideals have done nothing but devolve our species.

Screw fairness, or what people may perceive to be right and wrong. The highest good is to do that which is best for progression of our species. That requires the abolishment of perceived value judgments, and a hard focus on all the available data.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Egalitarianism has been markedly displayed in the U.S. (at least) since the end of WW2. This was the beginning of political correctness. It does society great harm to view everyone as equal, as this isn't only irrational, it's a mechanism which binds and blinds...being a belief without basis. The truth is that some are more capable than others, that some are more likely to be criminally minded, and that the social safety nets which have arisen out of egalitarian ideals have done nothing but devolve our species.

Screw fairness, or what people may perceive to be right and wrong. The highest good is to do that which is best for progression of our species. That requires the abolishment of perceived value judgments, and a hard focus on all the available data.

Equality has nothing to do with Capability. Equality is a starting point for all people, so that each person can develop their strengths instead of being usurped into the slavery humans are so fond of. Equality recognises that at the moment of our birth to this world we are all Equal.. no matter what the circumstances of our parents are.

That equality is about Capability is a Value based Judgement. When the real value is simply in human Life and it's opportunity to rise to our best with sufficient support.. for all individuals.

The highest good has rarely been the motivation behind most of what we humans do. It has always been about the good of the Few at the expense of the Many.

A truly balanced society cares for it's least as much as it cares for it's greatest. That is Equality and it is different to how we humans have played out our messed-up version of it so far... hence the need for change when this system passes into uselessness.

Equality is a level playing field for all to grow to their best, to be the most creative and positive human being that they can be. And to be that takes support of Family and your Culture.. something sadly in massive decline these days.

edit on 18-1-2011 by Tayesin because: Too tired to make much sense

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anttyk47

Bad did good?

Sure, it is one way of solving the problem. I don't, however, believe it's the best way. Why not? Because it causes more long term suffering, and it's likely that much of our history, & cultural works will be lost in the process. It's true that much of our work has already been stored deep underground, but still...I think it's much more wise to be proactive in dealing with this situation. It seems the elite agree with this stance.

BTW, anarchy in itself isn't a bad thing. In theory, it's ideal. In reality, it would be a chaotic nightmare. Not because it can't exist alongside civilization, but because the majority are too stupid to properly self-govern. I can tell you without a doubt in my mind that in my state (Texas) , there would be many class/racial wars amongst the people if the federal and state governments were to implode.

We've tried to educate the people. They deny the lessons, generally speaking. We've tried to give out contraceptives. The stupid are much more likely not to use them. The converse is true, and the more intelligent an individual is, the more likely they are to successfully practice the use of contraceptives. It simply hasn't worked.

I honestly believe the best we can do is to encourage stupid people to become sterilized. Give them money. It's what they understand. Even if we were to offer anyone with an IQ under 90 or so 20 grand for becoming sterilized, it would likely save society untold billions in the long run. Another thing that can be done is simply remove the social safety net. It doesn't benefit our species. Let the weakest of our species perish naturally. It's what other animals do. If one of them is holding back the herd, they are pushed out. This is instinctual. Our higher instincts have actually done us great harm in modern times. It's sane and great to be supportive towards those who would benefit our species and not be a terrible burden on society. For those who cause society more damage than good, give them no support and shun them, but also don't try and cause them any harm. Just let them be. This was at one point in time, common sense. The people are demoralized now, and haven't a clue what's best for the species. Sad, but true.

I'm glad you come to post with positivity. If you noticed i was .. well this thread has gotten the best of me.
Anyways yeah you're right. Thinking about Anarchy as a whole is indeed a bad idea because people are too stupid to self govern. Unfortunately after disregarding people like that i have near forgotten about them =\

I have lived in a town for a good time that would be one of those towns that would absolutely be able to self govern. Ehh oh well.
Awesome idea though, keep the dumb sterile. As inhuman as it sounds if i had a button to cause this i would press it :O

(Brown bear, please say something like "If you press it, you will become sterile")

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I've retracted my remarks to further think on things for a bit....

Apologies!!
edit on 18-1-2011 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Perhaps if teachers weren't held to teaching state standards of one size fits all, I would appreciate what you have stated. However, we teach what the state dictates within the time frame the state dictates. There is no room for anything else. Understand, that the state standards, at least in my state, are lowered so as every student has the opportunity to "pass". This is unfair to students and to teachers.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
Couldn't this be the end result of students who have been going through Bush's "No Child Left Behind" education policy? These kids began school when this stuff all started, and now we are seeing the results of a memorize-test system.

Bush, the FAIL that just keeps on giving.

Thank you for this comment. I don't think NCLF is totally responsible, but it sure is playing a role. There are children in my school who need specialized education; not be in a public school classroom.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Anttyk47

ISS does not work. It doesn't change students, like you stated. However, it is one of the only recourses to take to dismiss a disruptive student from the classroom.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by WTFover

Wow, thank you for this post. Thank you for your input, and your understanding. I do love my job, and I love the kids as well. The classroom could be so much more educationally than it is, if only there was respect and self responsibility.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by sara123123

After than long, long post of condemning everyone on the thread, you came up with the brilliant conclusion that the problem is due to inferior breeding of fat people who are producing inferior cildren with low IQ's across the fruited plain. What is the final solution you propose to solve this breeding problem we are encountering with the inferiors of society? Do you even listen to yourself?

Of course I listen to myself, these days how else will I find a decent conversation? It's people like you that I don't listen to because its a waste of time. And if I interpret the evidence correctly, the children don't listen to people like you either. The conclusion you feel I came to is too far from the mark but keep reading perhaps you'll learn something if you're smart enough to ask the right questions.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by aero56

Perhaps if teachers weren't held to teaching state standards of one size fits all, I would appreciate what you have stated. However, we teach what the state dictates within the time frame the state dictates. There is no room for anything else. Understand, that the state standards, at least in my state, are lowered so as every student has the opportunity to "pass". This is unfair to students and to teachers.

You're exactly correct as far as your reasoning goes. But this is just the tip of the iceberg. If you have a brain you need to delve deeper into the causes and effects of this issue. Since this is a "conspiracy" site I suggest you read John Gatto's paper on the 'History of Education in America' for more insight and historical perspective. Or any of his stuff for that matter (the 7 Lesson Schoolteacher' as well)

As you read through this thread which is clearly dominated by women, please notice that none of them have taken any responsibility for the product they've produced. Which I think goes a long way toward explaining why the children are unable and/or unwilling to take responsibility for their actions but do real well at providing about why they can't.

I am well aware of the programed education issues as I was confronted by them, and the believers in them, when working on my Doctorate. The question for me became "how cheaply was I willing to sell my Soul?" And following from that: "Was I willing to enter a field dominated by women focused on socializing rather than educating?"

I was in my 40's by that time and already established a positive track record in several fields and was unable to lower my standards that far. But the issue is not me, but rather it is whether anyone without the courage to stand for what is right, moral, and ethical. Because people w/o the courage to stand up for what is "right" rather than "convenient" has no possibility to passing those qualities on to the children, and the kids know it.

So it's not surprising that the vast majority of children can only make excuses for not having courage, morals, and integrity... or even knowledge of what these things might be... and the evidence of these things is seen everywhere.

How cheaply have you sold your Soul? How about your peers?

edit on 19-1-2011 by Brown Bear because: spelling and add content

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

I've retracted my remarks to further think on things for a bit....

Apologies!!
edit on 18-1-2011 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

I know exactly how you feel. I don't like being in this thread either; it's a waste of energy and I clearly misspoke when I gave my word that I would. Fortunately if one speaks the Truth (as you have) it'll stand on its own... and shouldn't need to be repeated (more than 7 times).

It's not much fun beating your head against the closed minds, limited horizons and weaknesses and fears that most of these women project onto their children and the world. Unfortunately I'm also leaving them to their many delusions in the following manner:

I'm an Oldster. I guarantee that when I entered the work force as a youngster I didn't like being brutalized by the Old Farts I encountered. They booked no foolishness and didn't mince their words but as ignorant and poorly prepared as I was for it I realized that I needed to know what they knew to succeed.

I quickly discovered that it was "keep my mouth shut, my ears open, and absolutely make no excuses." Just the exact opposite of what these kids today have learned from their women Masters. It was either accept boxed ears or make it down the road. My choice and thus I learned the difference between being a boy (actually mama's boy) and being a man.

From these Old Farts I learned respect, and responsibility, and many other things as well. So I am amused when women complain the kids don't respect them because their women Masters don't understand that respect is earned, not bestowed, as they think it should be because they "demand" it or have a title. Truthfully, I feel the same contempt for these women as the kids do.

Those guys are gone now but not forgotten by those of us carrying their torch and honestly there's nothing I'd rather do than pass that knowledge and skill to the young guys coming up. But clearly these boys have such low standards (woman's standards) that I simply won't waste my time with them. And, my peers feel exactly the same way.

We're retired now, the good jobs are gone, and it seems that the only thing America produces any more is fat women and stupid kids. Most of us have decided to relax, collect our Senior Citizen bennies, and laugh at the world these women have created for themselves.

It's not difficult to see where this is going and how it'll end for the country, the women and kids. Just like the students I encountered teaching in Grad School, neither group is smart enough to ask the right questions with an appropriate level of respect. Go figure. Good luck.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by aero56

I think we all forget the MOST IMPORTANT FACT regarding your post.
Humans are not MEANT to be in school.

The entire idea of a school PROGRAM (like a computer program) is what????? The answer--- to break a human being down into a program. Its only natural/human to want to experience and learn. Not sit, obey, take it and learn.
Plus remember this fact
YOU ONLY LEARN BY FAILING. however schools tell us the exact opposite.

So again, its not a behavior program its a problem for the school.

Just a side note... I was a teacher in middle school for MANY YEARS. LOVED it. Yes I had to write up students and all that for behavior issues but it was obvious that school went against every child's inner core nature bla bla bla
The only ones that obeyed were the ones that needed a "god like figure" (yes they all go into quotes) to give them a scooby snack and say good job.

ALSO, I find that doing cognitive behavior therapy with the students that were causing me problems helped. BUt this was only to make MY day easier. It did not benefit the student in their life..but it did help their grades but ultimately it just broke them down into 2 eye balls, 2 hands, a mouth, and brain that never left the classroom.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeker1984

How does the quality of expressed writing and thinking have anything to do with teaching capability in the least? Where is the correlation?

This is the line where I stopped reading this windbags post. The picture of just how far capable students would have to stoop to meet this person where she lives staggers my imagination. I'd really like to take the time to go through this posting line by line and explain what she's really saying but the chance that women like this could actually learn something is highly unlikely and mostly a waste of energy.

What are the chances that this creature could really learn anything of value? Pretty slim I imagine. In a world where "imagination is more important than knowledge" it's a pity that most women have neither but their capability to damage the children continues onward largely unchecked.

Clearly this woman has a brain but it's unfortunate that she doesn't understand how to use it. Clearly her intentions are good as well, but she demonstrates over and over that she lacks the capacity to comprehend the damage (and evil) that she does. And will continue to do well into the future.

It's said that "the proof is in the pudding" and can be seen in the children the women have produced in the past 40 years. Any competent observer to what's happened in America could only give a failing grade to the children (pudding) being produced and by extension to the self-professed "educators" responsible for these results.

But if there is any lower grade than "F" for failing these women who are totally responsible for the children would certainly receive it. Not just in schooling but also in motherhood. OR rather, most particularly in Motherhood. And if they have proved anything at all in this failed (?) experiment it is the lesson that other formerly great societies have learned.

How about an "I" for totally incompetent?

That lesson which has been learned and relearned throughout history is simply that "raising and educating children is too important to be left to the limitations and petty minds of women."

No one is more in support of principles liberation and equality than myself but in this country (specifically this country) we, as a society, really need to look at the results that have come from misguided (and supposed) enlightened thinking and ask some very serious questions based on the all to obvious results.

Women have been given complete and absolute authority in the raising and education of our children and no where has the expression been more true and demonstrated that "power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely" than in this case.

This is an social experiment that has failed miserably just as it has repeatedly throughout human history, and incidentally, for the conspiracy buffs.... predictably. What we're witnessing is the planned obsolesce of human kind.

edit on 20-1-2011 by Brown Bear because: to add insult to injury (the Truth hurts)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I think some teachers overreact. 2 girls get written up because they were doing cartwheels in the hallway? This is supposed to be a school, not some military dictatorship imprisonment. I'm kind of glad that the younger generation are actually fighting the system! This is what ATS stands for isn't it?

Cheers!

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenflt
I think some teachers overreact. 2 girls get written up because they were doing cartwheels in the hallway? This is supposed to be a school, not some military dictatorship imprisonment. I'm kind of glad that the younger generation are actually fighting the system! This is what ATS stands for isn't it?

Cheers!

Yep.. 2 girls got written up for an activity that belongs outdoors, and not in a crowded hallway where they could easily injure someone. Do you see that? It's about what is sensible in the situation.

Fighting the system as a child is where the problem lay.. thinking they have adult rights and priviledges when they as yet have not earned them.... plenty of time to rage against the machine when you are an adult.. and thus better preparted for the fight. Until then it is simply fighting all authority because they believe themselves superior to any others... but they are only kids.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join