It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are We a Version of the SIMS?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by GypsK
reply to post by Advantage

I'm glad to hear that my kid isn't the only one who likes killing her sims. Mine puts them in a swimming pool, then removes the steps and build a wall around the pool... they drown.

Often wondered if we are like the Sims, maybe each with our own Godlike controller. God often seems like a sadistic entity, just like my kid killing off her sims while having fun doing so....

WHEW... Im not the only one with a little sims killing darling

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I am a programmer myself, and I have thought of this in the past.

Something that always made me kind of favor this idea is the following:

Anyone who knows the basics of quantum mechanics understands the basis of quantum entanglement.

en.wikipedia.org...

The idea that we can sync two atoms so that, no matter how far apart they are, they still mirror the other atom, is very strange, but could in fact be a "bug" in a massive program. Here is how:

We must assume there are limits on everything. Even the "computer" we might be being ran in. It can only process so much. We can then assume that the programmer would make have is code as optimized as possible. On way of doing this, which is used in modern computer games, is called instancing.

It works like this:

If two objects very similar, we can do the processing for the object once, then apply the result to all instances of the object. In other words, there is no point computing the same formula thousands of times if we know the result will be the same. We can compute it once, then apply the result to ever instance that requested computation.

This could be why quantum entanglement works. The "master code" thinks that since both atoms are behaving the same, they must be the same, and so it syncs them.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I could buy that idea.

Now where the hell is that bathroom again? I could've sworn it was right here and now......aww crap, too late. And where did that bookcase come from?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
The only flaw I can see on the logic of 'living in a simulation' is the statement of that would explain glitches. That is on the basis that the simulation is created by flawed creates/humans.
If it is a Sim, then it is created by some form of higher intelligence.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I think we could be living more in a GTA sort of game, where some of us are unaware while other bad people are aware and have the intention of keeping us trapped. We've got science and religion and such and the truth is fragmented through all of these areas, but the bad guys are always trying to confuse the issue. Anyway, I'm off to get a Cluckin' bell.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
Often wondered if we are like the Sims, maybe each with our own Godlike controller. God often seems like a sadistic entity, just like my kid killing off her sims while having fun doing so....

Have you not heard of demon possession?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Hell of a defense.

"I didn't mean to kill that person, I was controlled by a gamer outside this universe."

I wonder what happens if they hit the reset switch?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Suppose the holographic principle fits the bill,even more confusing however its probable all theories will add to 11 dimensions of theory and reality,that is 11 theories that make up reality as a higher fractal from a point where nothing does anymore (PLANC)think of it as not just up and down,sideways,backwards and forwards,time..well this is at our perspective as one,now take all other perspectives,general relative,M theory,holographic,string,infinite universe,fractal,Parallel,planc constant,big crunch,super symmetry l Etc eventualy there will be what 10 theories and one spacetime making 11 higher dimensions of reality and completing the full array of reality within a simulated equation.
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
edit on 17-1-2011 by gringoboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

You sayin my kid is possesed???

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

I am saying, like how you control your sims, thats the idea of the demon possession.

The ptb think they are special as they can control what ever demon thats in them, while most cannot. The ptb think they are strong enough mind to do it, while they think most of humanity cannot.

How you control the sims, is like how a demon may interact with your life.

We all have a capacity to have that happen to us, how we deal with it is unique to us.

This is why tptb think they are special.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I`m possessed ,with the 11 dimensions of reality...LOL

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by kalenga
Very compelling and entertaining website with the theory that earth, the solar system the universe is all part of a computer programme with a supervisor. Makes sense when I read it as there are limits on what we can do to find out more ie? our bodies are to feeble to travel vast distances through space, why can't we see the infinity of space etc... If you think in logical computer programming, gaming scenarios, you have to put limits on the game so they SIMS are never aware that they are a simulation? Read and comment......

www.ipod.org.uk...

I haven't read much past the OP, but I thought I might add a bit of insight into your comment regarding our inability to see the infinity of space. One might think that since space is infinite, we would see an intense amount of light from all the stars in space. This question was asked by someone on a science forum I often visit and was answered by one of the resident physicists there:

"You are right and that was considered proof of a finite universe some time ago -- the skies would have had to be infinitely bright. However, there's two ways it doesn't really work that way. First, we now know the universe is finite in time (15 billion years, give or take), so that light from some stars would not have been able to reach us. More importantly, however, is that space is expanding. For each unit of space, some time later there will be a little more space there, and the numerical value of that is the Hubble constant. It also means that the distance between two points can increase faster than the speed of light if they are far enough away (this is not motion but expansion of space). And when the distance between two points is increasing faster than the speed of light, nothing can travel from one point to the other, not even light. And so we are limited to the observable universe."

This is also known as Olbers' paradox.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by hypervalentiodine
[moreHi hypervalentiodine, If you read the hypothesis in the article you will get the answer to that problem? They describe it as a programmer would in that you have to put limits on your game/simulation as they would find out they are not really real. There is a step by step explanation that is very compelling with equations to prove it. So, this technological age we now live in has got to a stage where we are able to guess as a probability, but not for sure, that we are a simulation. This thread is one such epithany in discussing that we might be a computer programme? Think of all the scientists in this article who are actively pursuing proof that this is the case? We are nearing the end of the game, hence the reason for 2012, earthquakes, weather problems, the resonance of the earth changing, birds dying, niburu, asteroid threats etc... The list is huge. Think as a programmer? How would you like to end your game? It is beyond probability that all that is taking place on this earth, solar system, universe, is coincidence???? If God is a programmer and we have been allowed to evolve so that programmers exist here on earth, then he has put that equation in so that we do discover we are a programme/simulation?
What an ending to a game, all sorts of catastrophies take place. Everyone is oblivious to what is going on as you all know is happening?
The bible was created in the programme/simulation to aid us see that God is a programmer but in those days no one would have been able to understand. But in the present we see games were we have a hard copy 'how to play this game' guide or a virtual guide. Think out of the box, read this article, then see what you think now?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by kalenga

Yes but sometimes the slaves break away from their programming. This has specific term, but I forget what it is.

Once in a while the people who are programmed realize they are programmed. Some are programmed to ill... for instance if they were aware they were programmed to ill, they could edit their own programming and change that. They could also edit their own programming and be more aware of co creation and erase the prior programming.

If you ever saw the movie "DARK CITY" or "THEY LIVE" , it is really exactly like that..in many ways.

edit on 18-1-2011 by golden144 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by hypervalentiodine

Heres another oddity if you travel out from our solar system you will see it as total light,then travel out of our galaxy and it will appear as total light,well its our brains their designed to see at a specific speed,the light beams have chunks or packets of quanta as physicists put it and when we look up we can see between the light beam ,the dark quanta,because if our brains percieved everything as light our brains would be blind our eyes don`t function that way.However a alien species may see in the light spectra and see all light quantas,am I loosing you here,think from a different perspective not what your eyes can only see.The beams have packets with pockets,gaps ,quantas.Thats why we only see blackness when we look up with little light specks to amaze us,a higher dimensional creation can see all the light and we are darkness by comparison.
its like a film reel with bands between the light beams.This also fits with quantum physics as you only see light when you look at it otherwise it does`nt exist,einstein as you know had this conversation and could`nt reconsol it,I hope whereever his souls is he sees it now.
edit on 18-1-2011 by gringoboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Sothh

Hi Sothh, thats awesome you are a programmer so you will understand the paper very well? Sometimes there are glitches as in my life, before The Matrix movie was made, I have heard numerous people say they have seen a black dog momentarily from the corner of their eye.
Resembles the black cat in The Matrix which showed a glitch?
Our eyes are made to see more succinctly out of the corner as a basic premise in the days of the caveman, hunting and being hunted. That is why you hear people see they see this, that and the other out of the corner of their eye?
I am loving this thread with all the hard thought and research that has gone into people contributing, thanks all.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by golden144

Hi golden144, I have not heard of these movies but I will endeavour to look them up. Thanks for your input.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by doorhand

Hi doorhand, Maybe that is why psychedelic drugs are frowned upon? I have just started a book by Graham Hancock called Supernatural which starts with him taking an ancient drug called Obigaine from the Eboka plant that Shamans have used since time began. He goes to a forest and sees people who are dead that he knew and people he did not know. He suffered severe depression before the taking of the drug with the attitude of 'I can't be bothered' attitude. But afterwards the depression had lifted and he saw a new insight into life and embraced his life from that day onwards....

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Hi andy1033, This article and the Bostrum theory all up to this being a big possibility. The chaos angle is interesting as the believe whatever you say or do, happens to you, is something I have witnessed a lot in my life. You know people who sail through life with nothing really happening to them? Usually it is because they have a more positive attitude, so their saying and doing results in more positive outcomes?
Everyone has been told to chil out, meditate, harness peace and serenity. It is not just a lot of old balony?
Everything has a cause and effect? An example recently that has happened to me is I wished and wished to get a move to a more suitable home as I lived up 5 flights of stairs. After months of praying I got my wish. I have done that many times with the same result.
If everyone on earth was more positive then it would definitely be a better place?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by gringoboy

Hi gringoboy, The Holographic Universe, is an explanation of the content in this paper and makes perfect sense. The Schrodinger's Cat theory and the double split theory can be explained in a SIM like world, solar system, universe? It is true from the outside our solar system is a 2D image but when you land on planet earth, it's 3D.
Thanks for your contribution.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join