It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mountain House Foods removed all #10 cans.......

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by murfdog
With all the recent disasters around the world as of late, I would be more inclined to think the the mystery buyer/ buyers are foreign governments to prepare for the blight that my follow.

A month or two ago I was thinking of stocking up on a few basic food supply’s that we use on a daily basis. I thought that scrambled eggs would be a great to buy in bulk #10 cans but to my surprise there were none to be found just whole egg, egg whites or egg yolks.

After reading this post yesterday I decided to have another look see. Now still no scrambled eggs, but now if you want whole eggs, whites or yokes you need to purchase in 50lb containers.
If someone knows of a please to purchase freeze dried or dehydrated scrambled eggs I would appreciate a link.

Thanks
Murfdog

Scrambled eggs available at the following: Shelf Reliance THRIVE or Augasun Farms. I prefer the Thrive but the Auguson Farms are pretty good as well.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

Mine too. I am not a fan of pre-made meals, I prefer just basic food stocks.

If we ever find our self in need of using the emergency supplies, the first thing we will do is cut all adults down to 1000 calories per day. Kids will still get all they need, but adults will have to ration.

It is important for people to remember to still get some fat in their diet as well, because you don't want your metabolism shutting down too much. You want to ration, but not ration too much.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

Thanks Kozmo,
I hope I’m wrong, but it looks like a little food storage may be a good idea considering recent events around the world.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by kozmo

Mine too. I am not a fan of pre-made meals, I prefer just basic food stocks.

If we ever find our self in need of using the emergency supplies, the first thing we will do is cut all adults down to 1000 calories per day. Kids will still get all they need, but adults will have to ration.

It is important for people to remember to still get some fat in their diet as well, because you don't want your metabolism shutting down too much. You want to ration, but not ration too much.

Exactly correct!!! Adults will need to take in calories comensurate with physical activity. I read a survival book that suggested that adults limit physical activity to isolated days and up the calorie count according for that day only. One would have tendency to think that short burst of physical activity spread out over days is smarter, it is not. You will continually raise your metabolism thus requiring more daily caloric intake over a longer period of time. Remaining latent for as long as possible lowers your metabolism and your need for calories. Short bursts of physical activity isolated are only liely to increase metabolism temporarily.

Regarding fat... This is the greatest challenge as meat protein, calories from fat and natural iron are essential. Beef jerky, although purported to have a long shelf-life, is really only good for a year. Shelf Reliance's THRIVE line has several REAL meat products, NOT texured vegetable protein (TVP), that are dehydrated or freeze-dried that have a 10 year shelf-life. It is amazing as once reconstituted with warm water, it looks, tastes, smells and has the same mouth feel as fresh prepared meat. I recommend the ground beef, roast beef and chicken. The sausage is ok but not as good and I've noticed that the ham is great when opened but does not hold for more than a few weeks when resealed in the can - I would avoid the ham.

Obviously hunting for fresh meat would be preferred but their are a great many things to consider. First being, do you have access to bountiful hunting grounds? Depending on the SHTF scenarios or your location, discharging a firearm may be less that ideal. Trapping is appropriate providing you know how rig a trap. Then comes the messy, and oft unpleasant task of field dressing and butchering your kill. Would you know how to keep the meat safe from contamination? All things to consider. Many simply assume, "Meat? No problem... I'll just hunt." Not that simple.

Oh, and don't assume that cans of tuna and spam will work either... spam has too much sodium which will drive up your daily fresh water requirements and tax your kidneys and tuna will not provide sufficient calories from fat to augment your diet. BE PREPARED!!!

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by murfdog
reply to post by kozmo

Thanks Kozmo,
I hope I’m wrong, but it looks like a little food storage may be a good idea considering recent events around the world.

I'm driven mostly by inflationary fears. I read an article just this past week written by a financial anylst where he stated that given the present rate of food and commodity inflation, Americans can expect to spend over 40% of their income on food compared to 13% presently. Some examples cited were a loaf of bread increasing to $23, 1 lb of buter increasing to over $20, 2 lbs of sugar increasing to $66, and a lb of ground beef increasing to over $30 - all within the next 5 years! He also stated that man's simple cotton tee could cos as much as $60 dollars! Don't forget about your clothing needs either!

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

could you find and post link to this.
i sure would like to see this in print if it is a good reliable source.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie
reply to post by kozmo

could you find and post link to this.
i sure would like to see this in print if it is a good reliable source.

I'd be happy to... if I knew what to link to.
Ask your question and I'll be happy to not only asnwer, but to link to supporting documentation that backs it up. This is VERY important stuff!

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   

I'd be happy to... if I knew what to link to. Ask your question and I'll be happy to not only asnwer, but to link to supporting documentation that backs it up. This is VERY important stuff!
reply to post by kozmo

sorry about that, i would like to see the article about the 40% of income going towards food.
i've been telling my folks, my parents believe me, but my brothers, well if it dont come from some kinda news outlet it's just bs.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

NIA Projects Future U.S. Food Price Increases
edit on 7/2/2011 by SeenMyShare because: fixed the link.... twice.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
and here we are 6 weeks later Mar 2, 2011
and still no #10 cans available from Mountain Foods
nor quite a few of their distributors as well.
I would say somebody is stocking up big time.

I think they are selling to FEMA.
But have a gag-order not to tell.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleIndianJr.

Mountain house does not have old stock, they rotate their product like any smart business would.

Now for the OP, it is a good thing i don't buy MH, they are overpriced and their food compared to mine, made with base ingrediants is far superior to their army chow.
Mountain House my guess is probably out of food due to the impending 2012 world tour

Just because someone is not a truther or a "conspiracy nut", doesn't mean there aren't folks who like to be prepared. MH is the Nike it seems of survival food, some are just as worried as the rest of the world but are afraid to speak, i'm sure this site has quite a bit of traffic from unregistered folk.
Now if MH can stir up a sales market they are gonna.
Remember, 2011 is their "Black Friday". /discuss?
And even in a worst case scenario and MH has no more food,. Costco, Sam's Club, Smart & Final still has 50 LB bags of all of the big staples beans, rice, sugar, salt, Etc.
And last i looked Home Depot has no shortage of buckets and mylar bags are quite obtainable online.
MH is not the last word or last line on sustainable food.
Hope it helps.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
To the people that have a fear of 40% food increase...yada yada... learn to buy local, barter and or get your own chickens / livestock.
Small growers cannot afford to ship across the US or worldwide, and some just choose not to.
Food shortage is only as real as you let it get.
My bread will not be $24 a loaf as i have 30 years worth of bread components, and if it were $24 a loaf, I'd be a baker!
Just a little prep goes a long way, and peace of mind can be worth quite a bit.
You spend insurance money on your home. car, boat, life Etc., why not food too?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
Mountain house does not have old stock, they rotate their product like any smart business would.

with their sales,
they don't have enough stock
on the shelves long enough
to get dusty, why would they need a rotation?

And also, how many cups of coffee does one
have to drink to become a caffeine expert ???

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Lemme splain to joo!!
Some folks eat refried beans, i eat refried coffee beans!!!

Nothing goes to waste!!

(Edit)
I sure hope MH gets some #10 cans soon to silence this worry.

edit on 2-3-2011 by g146541 because: to keep on topic

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join