It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mountain House Foods removed all #10 cans.......

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I wish I could give you more than one star for the bottom 1/4 of your post! Good advice for even good times!

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SeenMyShare

You can't mean the FEDeral Reserve is buying disaster food supplies, can you? Wouldn't it be FEMA or another Gov. agency?

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Thank you! I added it to my signature. It is important, and it is the most often overlooked aspect of being prepared for an emergency. We can only do so much, and the emotional aspect is equally important to the physical aspect. All the survival gear in the world is useless if you are separated from your family, or if you are living with overwhelming guilt.

Thanks again.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by tooo many pills

See my earlier post, FEMA already denied that it was them, and by their denial, they basically implied that someone else is buying the stuff up. Not the "Fed" as in Federal Reserve, but the Fed as in the Federal Government, military, State Department, Department of Agriculture, or some other agency.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
With all the recent disasters around the world as of late, I would be more inclined to think the the mystery buyer/ buyers are foreign governments to prepare for the blight that my follow.

A month or two ago I was thinking of stocking up on a few basic food supply’s that we use on a daily basis. I thought that scrambled eggs would be a great to buy in bulk #10 cans but to my surprise there were none to be found just whole egg, egg whites or egg yolks.

After reading this post yesterday I decided to have another look see. Now still no scrambled eggs, but now if you want whole eggs, whites or yokes you need to purchase in 50lb containers.
If someone knows of a please to purchase freeze dried or dehydrated scrambled eggs I would appreciate a link.

Thanks
Murfdog

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by murfdog

&utm_mediu m=email&utm_campaign=tasty_tuesday&utm_content=saratoga-farms-freeze-dried-scrambled-eggs-10-can]Saratoga Farms

Augason Farms

Hope this helps.

EDIT: the first link still works but apparently it was too long to format correctly. Sorry
edit on 16/1/2011 by SeenMyShare because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
The Federal Gov't is also buying up construction supplies like mad. This was discussed in Ventura's 2012 episode, I believe, but has also been discussed around the web. They are certainly preparing for something and so should we. I'm extremely prepared by comparison to 99% of the civilian population but spend time each week bolstering our position.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Wow!!! thanks seenmyshare,
You’re Awesome!!!!

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by GirlGenius

I agree. I didn't stop with preparing for us either. I prepare for extended family, neighbors and stragglers when I'm able. When I see mass purchases happening and shortages in the supply line I want to know why, and failing finding the reasoning I take stock of what I have and what I need and where I can get it.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

S&F. Thanks for the heads up. I find that a little spooky myself.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by the seeker_713g
Interesting find, Seen; any idea when this started or how long it has been happening? Also would be interesting to see where this is being taken to... as high as food is getting at the grocery store, I was already planning on breaking a lot more ground this year than I have in quite awhile, have a couple of friends already approached me about helping tend and work it...

I will keep an eye on this for updates, and see what developes...

seeker

I heard something to this effect a couple of weeks ago, but can't remember the source offhand. I have been getting bulk stuff from Sam's, dividing it up into 5LB's and vacuum sealing it. Seems like a good way to keep it fresh and makes it easier to rotate

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Here's your #10 cans
beprepared.com... Cans

another good site
campingsurvival.com...
has absolutely delicious canned butter, cheese and BACON!

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

Thanks berkelygal, Mountain House said that they would continue to make available some #10 cans for smaller customer/distributors.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I ran across several comments about Mountain House being short of food. In one they claim, " The customer comes first ", But, we all know that some times when Uncle Sam wants something, he's not ASKING. Wouldn't surprise me at all that this is just one more way to gain more control. If we want to eat in the case of an emergency, we gotta go to them.

www.freezedriedsurvivalfood.com...
www.freezedriedsurvivalfood.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I found another company that I'd never heard of before:

East Coast Food Storage

East Coast Food Storage was founded on a simple principle. We think that those living in the Eastern portion of the United States should have fast and easy access to the same quality food products available from the West.

They carry pails of dry goods, dehydrated and freeze dried #10 cans of a variety of foods.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Gotta give a thumbs up to campingsurvival.com I buy my sopakco mre's from them and the grab and go buckets from Wise foods. www.wisefoodstorage.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

If you can stand a few more freeze dried/dehydrated resources.....

Honeyville Grain (They have much more than just grain) - store.honeyvillegrain.com...

Emergency Essentials - beprepared.com...

Shelf Reliance - www.shelfreliance.com...

Hope this helps out as well... and btw, Auguson Farms items can be purchased at the Sam's Club online store. Individual items (limited, not all Auguson Farms offers is on the Sam's website) and they also offer a years worth.

I too did a great deal of research on this after Mt House posted their...ahhhem..... shortages. Odd thing about this is: I had been on their website the night before their stock went 'missing' because I was going to place a large order and was rechecking availability prior to placing the order and when I went back the next moring..poof... gone with the sorry excuse of 'surge in orders'.... ............yeah.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeenMyShare
Augason Farms still has #10 cans and does not expect delay in delivery. While its not exactly Mountain House it is long term storage and available.
I'll try to get time today to check out more providers and post their status.

Been using Blue Chip Group's Augasun Farm products for years - very good stuff! I recommend it.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
COSTCO has a great Freeze-dried selection

Costco has 7 day packages and 1 year supplies. Good selection, good quality.

I have used several of the Thrive products purchased through Costco - they are quite good. Taste, texture and quality were all above average for both freeze dried and dehydrated selections. My entire stash is centered around basic food product as opposed to pre-made meals or soups.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeenMyShare
reply to post by LittleIndianJr.

Freeze dried lasts upwards of 25 years. The last time this happened with Mountain House was only 2008. They could be replacing older food stores and moving from canned to dried and freeze dried. Wonder what they do with the old stuff? Wouldn't surprise me if they sent it to be fed to kids in public schools

Edit to add: I like your avatar - I remember the commercial it is taken from, too.
edit on 15/1/2011 by SeenMyShare because: (no reason given)

Glad you brought this up, because I was just about to post and ask if my memory was faulty, or did Mountain House not have a similar situation back in 2008. Looks like I remembered that right.

ETA: I had meant to post this awhile ago as a thread, but just never had the time because of school. One thing I have noticed a lot lately on the Alternative music station here in Chicago Q101, in the last month or so I keep hearing a State of IL PSA radio spot, a LOT that's all about how everyone should be stocking up with enough food for two weeks in case of any kind of disaster or disruption. Anyone else in IL hearing this radio spot a lot lately?
edit on 2-2-2011 by ProvehitoInAltum because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join