It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Vortex Based Mathematics by Marko Rodin"

page: 72
<< 69  70  71    73  74  75 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Americanist

Originally posted by Bobathon
reply to post by Americanist

Temperature and time are relative? omfg. Good luck with this one, Arb

Perhaps we're lucky to begin with... We're here as a result of time and temp.
Er, right, that explains it then.

You really don't care one jot what anything you say means, do you. You don't care enough about any sort of physics to learn anything, you don't care enough about whether anything relates to the world to actually do anything or test anything or predict anything, and you really really don't want to be told that what you say could be either meaningless or plain wrong.

Fair enough. Have fun. I'm learning that there are many people in this world who feel it's their absolute right to not have their facts questioned or clairified, whatever kind of crap they come out with.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

Same question of you... Do you think we "create" energy with the generators found at power stations?
No, do you?

A hydroelectric dam converts potential energy from the elevation of the water into electrical energy as it flows downhill. Ultimately that energy really came from fusion in the sun which caused the water to evaporate in the first place so it could condense and fall into the river leading to the dam. Other forms of electric power generation convert other sources of energy to electricity.

What's your point?

You're getting warmer. Water must aid in turning huge turbines to produce a flow of what off the generator? This is where you seem to being having trouble.

Electricity is channeled energy, so what do these pathway consist of? What exactly is sent through power lines?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Temperature and time are relative? omfg. Good luck with this one, Arb

Perhaps we're lucky to begin with... We're here as a result of time and temp.
Er, right, that explains it then.

You really don't care one jot what anything you say means, do you. You don't care enough about any sort of physics to learn anything, you don't care enough about whether anything relates to the world to actually do anything or test anything or predict anything, and you really really don't want to be told that what you say could be either meaningless or plain wrong.

Fair enough. Have fun. I'm learning that there are many people in this world who feel it's their absolute right to not have their facts questioned or clairified, whatever kind of crap they come out with.

It explains more than you're able to comprehend for now. It's a subtle way of describing matter.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

"Same question"... Did I even ask you a question?

The same question I asked of Arbitrageur. Had you asked me a question I'd be answering off a recipe book no doubt.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

It explains more than you're able to comprehend for now. It's a subtle way of describing matter.
No it isn't. It's an unsubtle way of throwing some words at someone. If you can't be bothered to make yourself clear, you are not communicating.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

No it isn't. It's an unsubtle way of throwing some words at someone. If you can't be bothered to make yourself clear, you are not communicating.

To encourage thinking is a higher lesson as I'm sure you can agree.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

You're clearly wrong because the astro-grapes are made of peppered balls of hairy physicians' mammograms. Now think about what I said.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

You're getting warmer. Water must aid in turning huge turbines to produce a flow of what off the generator? This is where you seem to being having trouble.

Electricity is channeled energy, so what do these pathway consist of? What exactly is sent through power lines?
I already explained this back on page 62 in this post when I explained how an ignorant man named Leedskalnin tried to debunk what academics think when he didn't even KNOW what academics think. I hope you aren't trying to do the same thing.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Throwing random words at someone encourages thinking? That's a little counter-intuitive. Ok, I'll try an experiment. Next time I'm teaching I'll try talking bollocks to my students and see if it helps them to think. Maybe it could catch on.

Worked for Derrida.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Throwing random words at someone encourages thinking? That's a little counter-intuitive. Ok, I'll try an experiment. Next time I'm teaching I'll try talking bollocks to my students and see if it helps them to think. Maybe it could catch on.

Worked for Derrida.

Random... So is a puzzle, unless you're looking at the front cover. If you're teaching kids in the US, I can understand why 25% aren't able to find things on a map.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

I already explained this back on page 62 in this post when I explained how an ignorant man named Leedskalnin tried to debunk what academics think when he didn't even KNOW what academics think. I hope you aren't trying to do the same thing.

These are questions you should answer on your own... Not go off on a tangent or try to leap ahead in the process of responding.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Worked for Derrida.

Random... So is a puzzle, unless you're looking at the front cover. If you're teaching kids in the US, I can understand why 25% aren't able to find things on a map.

I think Bob is in the UK, which explains superior level of education there and presence of ignorami like yourself on ATS.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

You asked: "What exactly is sent through power lines? " and the post I referred you to explained it. I didn't go off on any tangent and it answers your question. Did you even read the post?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

These are questions you should answer on your own... Not go off on a tangent or try to leap ahead in the process of responding.

You got your response, short but containing all details such as speed of propagation of EM field and how it relates to speed of electron movement. Pretty complete. If you don't understand these concepts, you better do some homework, like right now.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

You asked: "What exactly is sent through power lines? " and the post I referred you to explained it. I didn't go off on any tangent and it answers your question. Did you even read the post?

Academics do teach that the energy in an AC transmission line is carried largely by electromagnetic fields outside the confines of the wire. The electromagnetic waves typically travel at the just under the speed of light. In comparison, the electrons move pretty slowly, but contrary to what Leedskalnin implies, they do move:

What comes off a power generator is the first question. Secondly, I'm assuming you'll have us believe you're an academic, so you should understand "largely" does not equate to "entirely." I would further add this doesn't provide an answer... Only that energy is "largely" carried by EMF. Where did this journey start from off the power grid. Are generators cranking out the juice? Have you tracked down the potential source?

edit on 25-4-2011 by Americanist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

You got your response, short but containing all details such as speed of propagation of EM field and how it relates to speed of electron movement. Pretty complete. If you don't understand these concepts, you better do some homework, like right now.

So we're back to the flow of electrons, and generators are doing what? Not hardly complete... Although rather elementary.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

So we're back to the flow of electrons, and generators are doing what? Not hardly complete... Although rather elementary.

Yes we are back to flow of electrons, because that's the definition of electric current. If you find this definition incomplete, that's your problem. Like Feynman said, if you don't like this Universe, go some place else.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Academics do teach that the energy in an AC transmission line is carried largely by electromagnetic fields outside the confines of the wire. The electromagnetic waves typically travel at the just under the speed of light. In comparison, the electrons move pretty slowly, but contrary to what Leedskalnin implies, they do move:

What comes off a power generator is the first question.
That's already answered, but to repeat, it's electromagnetic energy.

Secondly, I'm assuming you'll have us believe you're an academic, so you should understand "largely" does not equate to "entirely." I would further add this doesn't provide an answer... Only that energy is "largely" carried by EMF.
The oscillation of the electrons in the wire, and the electromagnetic field propagated through and around the wire are intimately linked by electromagnetic forces.

My use of the word "largely" was referring to the amount of the electromagnetic field transmitted outside the wire. A small amount of the electromagnetic field is transmitted inside the wire. If you combine the electromagnetic field inside the wire with the larger part of the electromagnetic field outside the wire, that gives you the "entire" electromagnetic field.

Where did this journey start from off the power grid. Are generators cranking out the juice? Have you tracked down the potential source?
Yes and I already explained how the sun's fusion evaporates the water which ends up flowing downhill to turn the hydroelectric generators which move magnets and coils past each other to convert the mechanical energy from the flowing water into electrical energy in the form of electromagnetic fields.

To recap, the symbol => means "leads to" in the following representation of the ultimate source of hydroelectric power:

Sun's fusion => electromagnetic energy striking Earth => water evaporation => rain and rivers => dam with water containing potential energy due to elevation => potential energy converted to kinetic energy as water falls through hydroelectric dam => kinetic energy turns water turbines = water turbines turn electric generators = > electric generators convert mechanical energy into electrical power in the form of electromagnetic fields leading to the grid.

I'm not sure what part of the process you don't understand, but apparently it's quite a bit based on your questions. Maybe these links will help?

Power Generation-hydro Power
Electric generator

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Arb, Americanist does not have any interest in what you are saying, despite the fact that I personally like the way you lay out facts. No matter how precise, simple, down to earth things you are going to come up with, you'll simply get something as idiotic as "do generators crank out the juice?" from that person.

Matthew 7:6

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

To avoid any further questioning or vagueness...

What comes off a power generator is the first question:
That's already answered, but to repeat, it's electromagnetic energy.

Choose your words carefully... Are you referring to radiant energy when you mention electromagnetic energy? If so, are you stating radiant energy comes from a generator?

new topics

top topics

<< 69  70  71    73  74  75 >>

join