It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Vortex Based Mathematics by Marko Rodin"

page: 65
<< 62  63  64    66  67  68 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by MIDNIGHTSUN
Did the Greeks know about the Luo Shu? Pythagoras and Chinese numerology. Plato and the 27x27 Magic Square.
This makes in interesting case. Check out the link: www.luo-shu.com...
I don't have any doubts that some Greeks were interested in some types of numerology. But I find your source not only misleading but also disingenuous.

Regarding Pythagoras, your source says:

Though the Pythagoreans never left any record of using Magic Squares, this is not conclusive evidence that they were unfamiliar with them.
I wouldn't argue that this is wrong, however it's hardly a compelling argument. If there's no evidence, then there's no evidence.

I could also reword this to say: "Though the Pythagoreans never left any record of using rocket technology to land a man on the moon, this is not conclusive evidence that they were unfamiliar with such technology." Technically also not a false statement, but also quite unconvincing in making a case that the Pythagoreans had rocket technology. Do you see the problem in logic?

And regarding the claim:

"The king lives 729 times more pleasantly..." is a reference to the 27x27 Magic Square, the calendar, and an order of society through wisdom rather than tyranny.
I would argue with that. Here's the 1881 translation, and note your source takes the quote out of context by omitting the preceding explanation of where the number comes from:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cb27b3017513.png[/atsimg]Source, Google Books, The Republic of Plato, 1881 version, page 291 books.google.com...=onepage&q&f=false

So does that have anything to do with 27x27 magic squares? Not according to this 1908 interpretation of the math:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0c9aff45ce62.png[/atsimg]Source, Google Books, The Republic of Plato, 1908 version, page 328 books.google.com...=onepage&q&f=false

So it's the result of 9 cubed, not 27 squared. Your source is quoting out of context and twisting the evidence to make it appear to support his argument, when a thoughtful interpretation of the source material in no way supports the claims being made by your source. Don't you find this both misleading and disingenuous at best, or a hoax at worst, to claim this has anything to do with 27x27 magic squares when it's the result of 9 cubed, not 27 squared?
edit on 10-4-2011 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Hey no body will ever no the entire truth of history, its all base on speculation until we create a time machine to record earth's real history. I know it doesn't hold up well.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Did the Greeks know about the Luo Shu? Pythagoras and Chinese numerology. Plato and the 27x27 Magic Square.

Look, mathematics is not and cannot be reduced to a "Magic Square". There are seriously a multitude of models that we need to put in the actually describe/predict this Universe. There is group theory that is helpful in describing the spectra and composition of hadrons, but it hardly has anything to do with a classical electrostatic problem or solving something like Transition Radiation thing.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Just goes to show the kind of threat the I Ching poses to RELIGIOUS FANATICAL LIARS who speak of its origins but denies its right and claiming it as their own work.
There are at least two definitions of a liar:
1-A person says something that's false when they know it's false
2-A person says something that's false even if they don't know it's false

If you were referring to Rodin, I would definitely agree he's a liar per definition 2, but if he really believes it he may not be a liar per definition 1.

I suspect the source you quoted meets definition 1, because they had to purposely take the Plato quote out of context to misrepresent it. So I'm glad you admitted that:

I know it doesn't hold up well.

Thanks for admitting that, but that's an understatement. I'd say it's directly contradicted in the case of the Plato quote, since he does tell us the origin of the number and it's not 27x27. So it's really a lie.

So in other words, Rodin isn't the only liar out there. There are plenty of others.

If you want sources for math that isn't from liars, here's a list of free online math resources: people.math.gatech.edu...

I haven't found any lies in that list yet, but if you find any, please let me know.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose

In this video, which is "addressed to the electrical engineers of the world," Bill Gaede makes the statement, "In physics there is no such thing as north and south poles, or positive and negative. In physics there is only clockwise and counterclockwise." Sounds like vortices.

Because this video made so much sense to me, I purchased Bill Gaede's Why God Doesn't Exist ebook. On page 202, he offers an alternative explanation for "charge":

Thread Theory, instead, offers a rational explanation for ‘charge.’ Charge is not a stand-alone object but a process, a phenomenon that occurs at several places at once. The electron shell perpetually expands and contracts and in the process intermittently reels in and releases a link. It is the composite, subatomic ‘friction’ at each location along the surface of the electron shell – the back and forth motion of the rope – that we detect as charge (Fig. 4.33). This also explains why the electric ‘field’ that surrounds a charge extends to ‘infinity’. The EM ropes coming straight out of an electron shell extend radially and end in every atom in the Universe.

Here is what Fig. 4.33 looks like:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8392e6ca1cca.jpg[/atsimg]

~~~~~~~~

I'm struck by the visual of EM ropes that extend radially and end in every atom in the Universe.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

Thanks for exposing the ignorance of scientists through Bill Gaede's work, I like his webpage here:
www.youstupidrelativist.com...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ee02af4c94e3.jpg[/atsimg]
And he's right to expose the ignorance of scientists and engineers about magnets. I was reading a magnet related wikipedia page where the scientists even admit their ignorance, and that it's all a conspiracy to stay on the funding "gravy train" by not questioning anything:

Magnetic reconnection talk page

It's a giant, worldwide conspiracy to keep the vast majority of astrophysicists, plasma physicists, fusion scientists, turbulence researchers, and engineers all over the world, all paid on the govt gravy train - because the govt is the only one funding astrophysical, plasma, fusion, fluid and turbulence research, and all get paid oh so well. Because there really is no such thing as peer review in the journals or the proposal review panels.

Seriously? Govt gravy train? ... Ok. You figured it out. The vast majority of astrophysicists, plasma physicists, and fusion researchers, throughout the entire world - from US govt labs like NOAA, NASA, and Los Alamos, to private labs like UCAR, CFA, and JPL, to titan private defense corporations like Lockheed Martin, Raytheon, and Boeing, to small private companies like Predictive Science Inc, to pretty much every single major public and private university like Michigan, Harvard, Princeton, CalTech, Dartmouth, Univ of New Hampshire, Martyland, Arizona, UCLA (etc. etc. etc.), as well as all their counterparts in Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Chile, Argentina, the UK, Germany, France, Austria, Switzerland, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Greece, Turkey, Egypt, Iran, Russia, China, India, Australia, South Korea, and Japan - don't really understand science at all.

We didn't really spend 6 years in graduate school taking courses like mechanics, statistical physics, electrodynamics, fluid mechanics, thermodynamics, quantum mechanics, or any of the math analysis stuff. Nor have we spent years researching ever conceivable aspect of this stuff, and discussing this stuff with each other. Nobody has ever thought about the issues you are discussing. As a group, we have never investigated every conceivable plasma instability in astrophysical systems, or fusion systems, or planetary magnetospheres, or stellar winds, or accretion disks, or pretty much every situation we can possibly think of. We are fabricating observations, experimental results, and incorrectly solving the equations of particle kinetics, Maxwell, fluid dynamics, and turbulence - if we ever knew how to write them down correctly in the first place. You know, cause we've all been indoctrinated by our liberal elitist university professors, who really want to impose a new world order. We're all just taking our marching orders from Al Gore, who says, "Let's go boys. RIDE THAT GOVT GRAY TRAIN."

So first you have Bill Gaede accusing them of not knowing what they're talking about when it comes to things like magnets, magnetic fields, magnetic reconnection, etc.

Then you have them admitting it's all true, right? (Though I'm not sure if the part about Al Gore calling all the shots is right).

What more do you need to prove it's all a big conspiracy?

So which of his two options do you favor for the fate of physicists?
Hanging them from the highest trees?
Or merely institutionalizing them?
And does this include Haramein also? The #1 reference for his paper here is a book on Einstein's theory of relativity: www.tonyb.freeyellow.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

In this video, which is "addressed to the electrical engineers of the world," Bill Gaede makes the statement, "In physics there is no such thing as north and south poles, or positive and negative.

Well there are positive and negative charges commonly used in physics problems, so what he's saying is incorrect.

In physics there is only clockwise and counterclockwise." Sounds like vortices.

If "vortex" is the only operative word you have in your vocabulary, the discourse does start to sound quite strange. Wait, you have the second one... What was that... Oh yes, the "singularity"!

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I'm not interested in anything that you said. No comment.

But I like his Thread Theory.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

What do you think of HIGH FREQUENCY GRAVITATIONAL WAVES, they're doing research on HIGH FREQUENCY GRAVITATIONAL WAVES in China. I don't think they are doing it much in America because of the funding, so they only research LFGW. I remember reading somewhere that HFGW was useful in improving wireless communication to detecting things that have to do with geology, and for military use.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MIDNIGHTSUN

I'm all for research and collecting observable data of any type that might help our understanding. That's what science is about, and that's one of the things that seems to be lacking in Rodin's approach.

MiniGrail is designed to detect high frequency gravitational waves. But I don't think gravitational waves at any frequency have been directly measured, have they? It's a difficult measurement problem:

A spherical design has the benefit of being able to detect gravitational waves arriving from any direction, and it is sensitive to polarization. When gravitation waves with frequencies around 3,000 Hz pass through the MiniGRAIL ball, it will vibrate with displacements on the order of 10^-20 m. For comparison, the cross-section of a single proton (the nucleus of a hydrogen atom), is 10^-15 m (1 fm).
Trying to measure changes in a sphere 2/3 of a meter in diameter, that are 5 orders of magnitude smaller than a proton, can't be easy, can it? No wonder we haven't measured them yet. This was one of the first instruments roughly the same size that was intended to measure gravity waves, but I don't think it had a snowball's chance of being successful:

www.physics.umd.edu...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2347933c6d91.jpg[/atsimg]
That's professor Weber in 1965 with an early gravity wave detector.
Current detectors are way more sensitive partly because they are cryogenic, but it's still a difficult measurement problem even with the newer detectors.

Regarding the benefits you've read about, are they theoretical? Because I haven't read about any successful research yet on benefits of real gravity waves, nor have I conducted an exhaustive search.

I do recall reading about Buzz Aldrin being on the board of directors at Gravwave LLC. That company is based in CA, USA, but it was doing some research in China. The gravwave team lists about a dozen Americans and a handful of international people, including one person from China: www.gravwave.com...

What I've seen of their work so far seems to be theoretical, like this:
High-Frequency Gravitational Wave (HFGW) Generation by Means of X-ray Lasers...

Here's a 2009 paper saying that China is trying to build a detector that will begin collecting data in 2012:
The Peoples Republic of China High-Frequency Gravitational Wave Research Program
If that detector turns out to be as sensitive as they claim, it may be the first device to detect gravity waves, since it's claimed to be far more sensitive than the existing detector I mentioned.
edit on 14-4-2011 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

I'm struck by the visual of EM ropes that extend radially and end in every atom in the Universe.

Add to that Wolff's description of ZPE:

Space: The space around us is not empty; Space is a quantum wave medium of spherical quantum waves. The energy-density of space is due to the sum of waves from all matter in the Universe.

Of course, he doesn't call that ZPE, but thats what it is - approaching infinitely less density as the waves continually dissipate with each other forever.

And this is related to Mach's Principle
edit on 15-4-2011 by beebs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I think zero point energy has to do with the casimir effect related to vacuum energy.

In school, we have probably all made experiments with charged objects and the electrodynamical forces. Consider two conducting and charged plates, parallel to each other. If both plates have the same charge, they will repel, if they have opposite charges they will attract. This force acting on the plates can be measured. So far, so good. Now take away the charges, just stick with the two conducting plates. What will happen? Surprisingly, the two plates will still attract each other!

This seemingly weird finding of quantum field theory is a very weak effect that can only be measured at smallest distances of the plates, typically of the order nanometers. Roughly speaking one can understand it as follows: quantum field theory teaches us there is no such thing as a really 'empty' vacuum. Instead, there are constantly particle pairs created. They come into life for a very short time, then annihilate and vanish. They are called 'virtual particles'. As is common for quantum objects, their energy is related to a wavelength. The higher their energy, the smaller the wavelength.

The troublesome thing about these particles is that their energy can actually become arbitrarily large, in fact, it can be infinitely large. This then results in a seemingly enormous 'vacuum energy'. However, as long as we neglect gravity, we can not really measure absolute values of energy anyhow. We can only measure differences between energies. Therefore, one can be bothered by the result of this calculation, but for practical purposes it never actually becomes problematic.

I advise you to look at the link and the authors of the blog.
backreaction.blogspot.com...
edit on 15-4-2011 by MIDNIGHTSUN because: finish testing

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by i am just saying

I didn't know that thread existed!

(Don't think it came up when I searched before starting this thread.)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by I am just saying
He is a savant.

He is a joke. He hasn't even display how VORTEX-BASE-MATH will help computer programming advance, you can only be sure of the words that comes out of his mouth. He talk about getting the idea of VBM from the Bahai faith which was just created out of thin air. And he discusses his story of how his VBM math is related to the YiJing, yet he is only a story teller and conman who speak spiritual languages. We know his math doesn't hold. The YiJing is already binary in computer language. The YiJing also disagrees with his math.

edit on 15-4-2011 by MIDNIGHTSUN because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Absolutely fascinating.

Absolutely CRAP!

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Are you trying to pick at fight?!

edit on 04/15/11 by Mary Rose because: Punctuation

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Are you trying to pick at fight?!

edit on 04/15/11 by Mary Rose because: Punctuation

Know! Just trying to kick some common sense into you Mary. Don't follow false prophets.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

You do the same!!

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

You do the same!!

No, I just don't follow false preaching, I follow people's work but I do not worship them like a messiah.

Marko Rodin is just a good story teller after going into Bahai Faith, and the faith inspired him into working
on the eight spoke Dharma wheel. I remember reading somewhere of you mentioning how the faith was
created in Persia long time ago. If that's correct then VBM is for sure a crock that was recently cooked up.

Sounds like a creation by the BEAST the Illuminati worship which they helped to create other religion
such as Jahovah faith. Religion is evil stay away.

new topics

top topics

<< 62  63  64    66  67  68 >>

join