It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Vortex Based Mathematics by Marko Rodin"

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

Already been addressed... You tend to skip over things or choose not to pay close attention. That's no one's fault, but your own.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Oh well, I define reality as the workings of The Flying Spaghetti Monster, with all His noodley goodness. If you don't understand you are just plain ignorant. I don't have to explain anything. If you don't understand you are stupid. I won't explain any of my terms, any of my assumptions, so if you are confused you're way in over your head and should leave.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
Oh well, I define reality as the workings of The Flying Spaghetti Monster, with all His noodley goodness. If you don't understand you are just plain ignorant. I don't have to explain anything. If you don't understand you are stupid. I won't explain any of my terms, any of my assumptions, so if you are confused you're way in over your head and should leave.

That sounds about right for you. Probably a difficult little dude you got there with the same firmness and girth of the other noodle monster you keep zipped up.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Americanist

Your wit is extraordinary. You've been blessed by the power of the Ramen.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Wit denotes intelligence... Ramen denotes MSG, and that just ain't my thing. Cheap though.... 12 pack runs about what you got out of a couple semesters at college.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
the number 8 in base 9
8x2=17, 1+7 = 8
8x5=44. 4+4 = 8
the number 5 in base 6
5x2= 14 1+4 = 5
5x5= 41. 4+1 = 5
the number 1 in base 2
1x10 = 10. 1+0 = 1
1x111= 111. 1+1+1=11. 1+1=10. 1+0=1
nothing remarkable about the number 9 in this way.
I made an edition of this post where I explained how different bases work for the uninformed, but ATS screwed me, didn't post it when I hit reply, and deleted what I had written. Not about to redo it. If you think what I did is silly just read this en.wikipedia.org...

Basically multiples of any number will do this, provided you're in the right base
another example 7 in base 8
7x16 (pronounced "fourteen") = 142. 1+4+2 = 7
12 in base 13
C (pronounced "twelve" in english)
Cx3= 2A. 2+A = C
+-

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by renegadeloser

Yup.

Unfortunately to some people, actual maths and actual physics just looks like garble with some cool words. Maybe it resonates, like poetry, maybe it doesn't.

Then they see Rodin's stuff, which also looks like garble with some even cooler words... and then they feel they can choose which they prefer. And if they see their choice getting rubbished, they think it's unfair, and they dig in.

Trying to explain anything to them using the logical basis of maths and physics is like trying to teach a fish about breathing.

It's very strange seeing so many people who seem entirely incapable of recognising that they don't actually know what they're talking about. They just say stuff. And get rattled if anyone says the emperor has no clothes. It's really really freaky. Sometimes funny. But mostly just freaky.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   

The funny thing is I've only been through 1 semester of college, and I get by on self-teaching myself through cheap international editions of textbooks, and I still know enough to tell "VBM" is BS, whereas you've got a degree and still can't tell what kook claims are. Now unless you explain how it maps to anything in particular like frequencies of light and sound instead of just engaging in ad-hominems, I would say I got quite the better deal here. Instead of making it personal, how about you awe us all with your insight and show us how the numbers map to anything at all in reality and show us all what gibbering idiots we've been all along? A simple enough challenge, wouldn't you say? Or you can keep trash-talking about trash-talk and be ignored. I will admit don't know as much about quantum mechanics as I should, because I still haven't read all the books I own, but I know the bare essentials, especially enough to know it's a topic you cannot learn by intuition alone. Since you understand it so well, why don't you shine the light and illuminate us? I will assume what you want me to assume so you can show me what "VBM" predicts and I can satisfy my need for proof. But be clear. Don't resort to technobabble. It doesn't impress me because I know that's what people who are trying to sound smart use. Explain to impart knowledge, not to sound impressive. Think you can do that, champ?
edit on 19-2-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   

I will admit don't know as much about quantum mechanics as I should, because I still haven't read all the books I own, but I know the bare essentials, especially enough to know it's a topic you cannot learn by intuition alone.

Yes. I highly recommend watching the first five minutes of this talk. It's very insightful about the relationship between intuition and quantum mechanics. (Also: great lectures, if you have the time and a little math/phys background.)

edit on 19-2-2011 by Bobathon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Bobathon

Will watch. Thanks mate.

I sort of think I have the required math background, but we'll see. Bit of a math nerd.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   

reply to post by Bobathon

I sort of think I have the required math background, but we'll see. Bit of a math nerd.
I'm sure you'd be fine with the math, it's pretty basic. Whether you can find 16 hours to watch the whole thing is another matter!

But the first 5 mins (which has no math at all) is very relevant.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Yup. My internet is slow so it might be at least 32 hours.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Yup. My internet is slow so it might be at least 32 hours.
Ah. Best to download the whole series from iTunesU (overnight or something!), and then watch offline. Quality's better that way anyway.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Rodin says that the best description of his math is "casting out nines."

I think that it is interesting that this procedure was described by Fibonacci in his Liber Abaci. The website faculty.evansville.edu has published with permission an article about Fibonacci that was published in 1975 in The Australian Mathematics Teacher entitled "Eight Hundred Years Young" by A. F. Horadam of the University of New England. The article includes a reference to casting out nines:

In the Liber Abbaci, Fibonacci explains (sometimes tediously) the nature of the Hindu-Arabic numerals, their use in calculations with integers and fractions, and their applications to practical commercial problems relating to weights and measures, bartering, interest and money-changing. In the remainder of his book, Fibonacci is more concerned with theoretical, rather than practical, problems, e.g. Series and Proportions, the Extraction of Square and Cube Roots, the use of the Rule of False Position, the Method of Casting out Nines (for checking calculations), and other techniques discovered by the Hindu and Arab mathematicians. Finally, he deals with geometry and algebra. For ease in calculation with the new numerals, Fibonacci provides tables for the four arithmetical operations.

I think this shows that Rodin's math is not something that he made up; rather, it is a part of "normal" mathematics.
edit on 02/19/11 by Mary Rose because: Clarify

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose

I think this shows that Rodin's math is not something that he made up; rather, it is a part of "normal" mathematics.
No it doesn't. It shows that when he's not talking out of his arse, Rodin occasionally states the obvious and says things that have been known for centuries. Neither of these skills require any intelligence.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
If you say 9 is special because any multiplication of it adds up to it in base 10, but similar situations exist for (n-1) in other bases n, there's nothing special or mystical about 9 as far I can tell, unless--and I'm still waiting on this--there is something about the base which correspond to scientific facts.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

If you say 9 is special because any multiplication of it adds up to it in base 10, but similar situations exist for (n-1) in other bases n . . .

Is it possible that the same phenomenon also exists with other bases, and that what's important is the associated useful technology, rather than how you go about arriving at the blueprint?

As far as scientific facts go, the Rodin coil will not be proven or disproven by the mainstream, because it is associated with alternative energy, and alternative energy is suppressed and has been suppressed for some time, due to the profit motive and its role in society.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Americanist
reply to post by 547000

I'm going to give you a chance to redeem yourself...

Such magnanimous gesture from a physics expert like yourself surely does make an impression...
A comical one at that.

Do you deny mainstream evidence of dark matter, dark flow, and black holes?

What do any of these theories and/or observations have to do with Rodin's coil and his psychiatric condition?

Do you deny Ohm's law? Do you?

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Americanist

Wit denotes intelligence... Ramen denotes MSG

You deciphered this part of the message correctly.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose

If you say 9 is special because any multiplication of it adds up to it in base 10, but similar situations exist for (n-1) in other bases n . . .

Is it possible that the same phenomenon also exists with other bases, and that what's important is the associated useful technology, rather than how you go about arriving at the blueprint?

Mary, computations are routinely done in binary system as well, just look at the computer you are reading this at. It means absolutely nothing. And don't delude yourself about "useful technology" as it relates to Rodin, because it appears he finally gave up on its usefulness. Where is the unlimited supply of energy, cure for all decease and the horn of plenty that he so confidently promised? Marko's new spiel now is talking about God etc, because even he realized the coil is a dud.

As far as scientific facts go, the Rodin coil will not be proven or disproven by the mainstream, because it is associated with alternative energy, and alternative energy is suppressed and has been suppressed for some time, due to the profit motive and its role in society.

Oh, but Rodin has so many videos on the web and not a single one has a demonstration of the coil which is satisfactory according to physics 101. Are you serious about him being "suppressed" in his own garage? Do you think all this was filmed under duress? Seriously, Mary?

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join