It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Vortex Based Mathematics by Marko Rodin"

page: 239
<< 236  237  238    240  241  242 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by micpsi

I agree somewhat and disagree somewhat. I think of the concepts we have, 'waves' and fluid dynamics in general do a darn good job of making the quantum world intelligible – and explaining several counter intuitive and 'irrational' or 'inconceivable' phenomenon.

I do think that fluid dynamics can help us before we completely throw out all of our past concepts in favor of some new ontological category like 'paves' or 'warticles'. This spectrum you speak of between waves and particles is something like the idea of a 'round square'... very problematic. I think it is better to say the quantum world is like neither, than that it is somewhere in-between both.

I also think the probability that the quantum worlds is intelligible and within our grasp is higher than the probability of some totally new (and never before conceived by the human race) paradigm which you speak of. There is simply too much evidence (IMO) that it is not nature that is funky, but rather the historical development of quantum theory and our perception of nature that is funky. Also, seen historically, it would not be too surprising to find out that we have taken about a century-long detour back to about the turn of the last century – to finally sit down and re-evaluate and re-interpret the arguments of Lorentz, Fitzgerald, Einstein, Bohr, Heisenberg, Schrödinger, de Broglie, Bohm and several others. Not that we haven't progressed, but if we don't make sure that we haven't missed something it could be a really... really long time before we would realize it.

I think a cost/benefit analysis shows that we can afford to take a few minutes to go over our old notes before we spend more money on any 'next big thing'.

We model the quantum world with waves, and choose to interpret certain experiments as exhibiting 'particle behavior' instead of trying to understand perhaps why a real physically existing wave could produce the phenomenon that appears like discrete particle behavior.

The concept of a (nearly) discrete wave packet has already proven indispensable in this area. It appears (for most reference frames besides the frame of the quantum foam/ZPE/vacuum) to be discrete, but its 'edges' become blurry and continuous at those sub-quantum magnitudes.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

I don't believe so, not in the sense that it is 'free'. More like there is a flowing river that will run for a very, very long time that we could 'tap'. That doesn't mean that we couldn't have incredibly efficient power production and incredibly efficient waste recycling...

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by beebs

If it could run for a very, very long time, what would make it stop running? The aether is not a fuel that you use up. It fills all of space, does it not?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose
The aether is not a fuel that you use up. It fills all of space, does it not?

No, it does not, as it does not actually exist.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

If it could run for a very, very long time, what would make it stop running? The aether is not a fuel that you use up. It fills all of space, does it not?

Well this depends on whether 'space' and the universe is infinite. It depends also on how this machine would work.

I think it is important to distinguish between two somewhat similar concepts here:

1. That spacetime has energy density.

2. That there is energy density in spacetime.

I am concerned with 1. What you call the 'aether' is the energy density OF spacetime, not energy density IN space (spacetime). (Remember Einstein's quote about extension... which in some sense reverses the idea that matter (or energy) curves spacetime. Rather, it is the energy density of spacetime which gives us the impression of 'curved'.)

So, the aether does not 'fill' space. It IS space. IOW, space has a property of non-zero energy density. Low energy density of spacetime is actually what we call 'space' (between planets, star systems, galaxies, etc.).

And again, this 'space' is only a relative vacuum (not an absolute vacuum). And furthermore: light travels through this medium. Which means... light waves do not have the property of traveling in an absolute (or literal) vacuum. They are not unique among waves in requiring no medium of propagation.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by beebs
So, the aether does not 'fill' space. It IS space.

Okay. I stand corrected.

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by beebs
reply to post by micpsi

We model the quantum world with waves, and choose to interpret certain experiments as exhibiting 'particle behavior' instead of trying to understand perhaps why a real physically existing wave could produce the phenomenon that appears like discrete particle behavior.

This theory I have that folks around here have kindly helped with could show the wave is more than purely mathematical. Which I think would be proof of the Aether?

No one seems to want to discuss it on physforum, we had more luck on physicsforum, but at least no one tried to debunk the idea.

Curving Light Wave Theory

What happens to a photon wave packet when emitted from a moving source?

For a stationary source the distribution pattern of photons might be something like a bell curve. For a source in motion, normalize the location of the photons to the direction of the source, adjusting for the speed of light. Will the bell curve get wider due only to experimental error? Or will the source motion have a widening effect on the distribution of photons?

If so, the result could be curving vector potential, virtual particles and fractional spin.

A potential method to do the experiment would be to spin a fluorescent molecule with lasers.

Motion in the direction of the photon travel would be expected to cause red shift or blue shift, but that's not what I’m interested in since that is well known. The direction of motion I’m interested in is other than that, a "sideways" or perhaps "radial" motion, and I’d be interested in experiments in either.
www.physforum.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Ancient esoteric knowledge says the female, negative polarity aethric element underlies this 3D one and that it is based on the flower of life/tree of life. It is the energy or prana/chi that mystics throughout the ages report seeing, the paisley of the 60’s, Celtic knot work, sacred geometry etc.

www.world-mysteries.com...

Matter is manifested from the aether.

Metranon's cube, the fruit of the flower of life is composed of the platonic solids.

www.world-mysteries.com...

These platonics are known to science as Lie group geometrical representation level (strings) which confirm this idea beyond reasonable doubt by arranging themselves into the flower of life pattern (mainstream science would say this pattern appeared by chance, yea, it’s those damn monkeys crapping Shakespeare again).

abzu2.wordpress.com...

These aethric geometric platonics are cymatically/harmonically meshed to form matter as in Harmonic Core Theory.

www.grandunification.com...

The two elemental polarities form a third shape torus/vortex/oroborous/3d Mobius strip. This is the zero point, the trinity.

www.empowernetwork.com... ideas/blog/the-flower-of-life-and-the-pattern-of-all-creation/

edit on 10-1-2013 by primalfractal because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-1-2013 by primalfractal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Sorry dp
edit on 11-1-2013 by primalfractal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by primalfractal
Ancient esoteric knowledge says the female, negative polarity aethric element underlies this 3D one and that it is based on the flower of life/tree of life.

There is plenty of "ancient esoteric knowledge" which seems to contain all sorts of stuff, and referring to it as one single defined entity is silly beyond belief.

It's very amusing and interesting that the "mystics" experience and explore "prana". However, for the rest of the world who need reliable knowledge to master our environment (translation - not some pretty pics and grand sounding philosophical blabber) it's entirely irrelevant. Once that "esoteric" crap explains how LEDs work, and why water swirls in different direction in the North and South hemispheres, while going through the drain, this may change. I doubt it will.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   

What are the orange circles signifying?

These aethric geometric platonics are cymatically/harmonically meshed to form matter as in Harmonic Core Theory.

I see the person associated with the website you linked to is John T. Nordberg.

Harmonic Core Theory makes me think of another person posted about earlier, Richard Merrick, here and here.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Your "esoteric crap" is the lost, advanced technology that is coming back due to the efforts of people like primalfractal, who have the wisdom to recognize it.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Your "esoteric crap" is the lost, advanced technology that is coming back due to the efforts of people like primalfractal, who have the wisdom to recognize it.

How is it "coming back"? Where? It's amazing that you are so content to just keep saying things not borne out in what most people call "reality". Oh well.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Most people just swallow what authority figures tell them.

But the movers and shakers of this world are gaining ground uncovering advanced technology of the ancients. See Dr. Semir Osmanagich Regarding Pyramids Found All Over the World.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   

And there are yet others who spent years researching physics not from the depth of the comfy chair, but by doing experiments and solving actual problems.

A bunch of pretty pictures don't mean jack. The "Vortex Math" you are pushing in this thread does not even have a vortex as a part of its system. Just ridiculous all the way.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

And there are yet others who spent years researching physics not from the depth of the comfy chair, but by doing experiments and solving actual problems.

A bunch of pretty pictures don't mean jack. The "Vortex Math" you are pushing in this thread does not even have a vortex as a part of its system. Just ridiculous all the way.

So... you've made this point over and over yet you still insist upon repeating yourself ad nauseam. At what point does it cease to be constructive contribution and become just so much mental masturbation? We all understand that you're a physicist with a PHD, a smart guy but too stupid to understand that no one gives a flip about what you say anymore.

Go find somewhere else to be a jerk...

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blarneystoner
We all understand that you're a physicist with a PHD, a smart guy but too stupid to understand that no one gives a flip about what you say anymore.

Well since you call me stupid, I'll note once again that I'm not writing this for you. I'm just putting stakes in the ground so that future ATS readers won't step in that mental excrement of yours.

Go find somewhere else to be a jerk...

Love you, too.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

You've made it crystal clear on this thread that there is a great deal that you don't know, probably because of your reliance on your mainstream education.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

You've made it crystal clear on this thread that there is a great deal that you don't know, probably because of your reliance on your mainstream education.

And what exactly do YOU know? You are staring at a few flashy pics and think you know something? Bleh.

Zero education, zero knowledge, zero everything. But of course, "ancients used FREQUENCIES".

Duh.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

I have an open mind and the lack of an arrogant attitude. Both serve me quite well.

top topics

<< 236  237  238    240  241  242 >>

join