It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Vortex Based Mathematics by Marko Rodin"

page: 237
<< 234  235  236    238  239  240 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Blarneystoner

We've discussed Milo Wolff on the thread. Much was made of his comment on Amazon not to buy someone else's book because it was unnecessarily complicated. The word "clown" was used to describe him. Guess who said that?

I consider Wolff an independent, creative thinker.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blarneystoner
Meanwhile....

...empty space can propagate quantum waves travelling with the speed of light. Elementary particles, such as electrons, protons, are made of spherical standing wave patterns, a Space Resonance, similar to the waves on a drumhead or a string. That is, all the matter in the Universe is made of waves in empty space and nothing more! All the "material" properties of matter and its "fields" are only schaumkommen (Schroedinger's words) - they're only appearances

Meanwhile, it takes a person who doesn't have any knowledge of physics, wholesale, to fail to recognize this:

what's written above is not borne out in what people call "reality". There is a plethora of experimental data that show that these notions are bunk, and of particularly dumb kind. Of course, people who are too lazy to read or actually progress to being able to do experimentation themselves are ignorant of such pesky detail. As long as it sounds grand enough to tickle their ego, and excuses them from working hard on getting knowledge, anything goes.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Dr. Milo Wolff
Education:
Upsala College, BS (Biophysics),
1948 University of Pennsylvania, MS (Physics/EE),
1953 University of Pennsylvania, PhD (Physics),
1958 Major Academic Discipline(s) Physics, EE, Astronomy, CE, Economics. Area(s) of specialization Optics, particle structure, quantum theory, electromagnetism, light scattering, education, economics

Positions Held:
Professor of Physics/EE, University of Indonesia (Bandung Institute of Technology), 1958-1962.
USAID Grant to the U of Kentucky.
Foundation Professor of Physics, University of Singapore (Nanyang Institute of Technology), 1970-72.
Fulbright Grant Support. Professor of Physics, University of Sri-Lanka, 1966-1968. Established the Science Faculty. Asia Foundation support.
Physicist, Massachusetts Institute of Technology: 1963-1969.
Apollo mooncraft navigation system. Measurement of atmospheric chemistry by space-borne Computer-aided Tomography (CAT); principal investigator for airglow height measurement; design of space-viewed horizon sensors; satellite measurements of Earth's gravity.
Member, Technical Staff, Aerospace Corporation, Los Angeles. 1972-1975.
Planning earth-survey satellites. Principal investigator for NASA grant to analyze satellite gravity data.
United Nations, Chief, Science and Technology, Economic Committee for Africa. 1975-77.
Member of NSF Review Team to Pakistan for Science Policy (Sept-Oct), 1974.
Visiting Astronomer, Observatoire de Paris. Plantary Polarization (Nov-Dec), 1979.
Visiting Professor, Nanjing Institute of Technology, China. Space Navigation and Computers (Sept-Oct), 1982.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Wave Structure of Matter: Practical Applications

Prof. Carver Mead, an engineer at Cal-Tech investigated the e-m consequences of the WSM in his 2000 book 'Collective Electrodynamics' [13]. He recognized that the electron is not a point particle but a wave structure, so that the approximations of Maxwell's Equations, especially magnetism, do not work when dimensions approach quantum sizes. He used the measured effect of wave structure at low temperatures (termed the Quantum Hall-effect) that the magnetic flux f in a closed loop of current takes only quantized values: Flux = nf, where n is an integer. This is because the waves of the circulating electrons must join together in phase, otherwise they cancel each other. He derived a vector potential to correct the flawed magnetic terms of Maxwell Equations. His book, very popular in Silicon Valley, shows correct ways to solve the electromagnetics of transistor circuits. MIT awarded him two prizes. Mead has begun a new field of Natural Electrodynamics to supplement the former work-horse, Maxwell's Equations.

Source

The fact that all matter is essentially waveform seems to be the one obvious thing that guys with PhDs from Ivy League schools overlook.

Physical objects are not in space, but these objects are spatially extended (as fields). In this way the concept 'empty space' loses its meaning. ... The field thus becomes an irreducible element of physical description, irreducible in the same sense as the concept of matter (particles) in the theory of Newton. ... The physical reality of space is represented by a field whose components are continuous functions of four independent variables - the co-ordinates of space and time. Since the theory of general relativity implies the representation of physical reality by a continuous field, the concept of particles or material points cannot play a fundamental part, nor can the concept of motion. The particle can only appear as a limited region in space in which the field strength or the energy density are particularly high. (Albert Einstein, Metaphysics of Relativity, 1950)

Source
edit on 28-12-2012 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Blarneystoner

Other posts about him:

Page 196: Post by Beebs

Page 198: Post by Beebs

Page 199: Post by Mary Rose

edit on 12/28/12 by Mary Rose because: Remove post

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

The fact that all matter is essentially waveform seems to be the one obvious thing that guys with PhDs from Ivy League schools overlook.

Could be because if they thought that they would not have been granted their PhD.
edit on 12/28/12 by Mary Rose because: Clarify

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

. . . He derived a vector potential to correct the flawed magnetic terms of Maxwell Equations.

I have posted quite a bit about Col. Tom Bearden's research into Maxwell's original equations, before others modified them, to no avail. My posts have either been ignored or pooh-poohed.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose

. . . He derived a vector potential to correct the flawed magnetic terms of Maxwell Equations.

I have posted quite a bit about Col. Tom Bearden's research into Maxwell's original equations, before others modified them, to no avail. My posts have either been ignored or pooh-poohed.

That's a shame. The vector potential correction seems to confirm the WSM theory in the real world.

...but then again I'm just "too lazy to read.... and ignorant of such pesky detail" and only posted it to "tickle my ego"

Have a great evening Mary Rose

edit on 28-12-2012 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Guys with PhD know better than saying something vague and absolute and useless in solving a particular problem, while sounding grand and feeling important. That part is reserved for pompous fools (C) 2010.

Waveform is a function. Matter is something else. Some dufus, of course, won't care.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

The particle can only appear as a limited region in space in which the field strength or the energy density are particularly high. (Albert Einstein, Metaphysics of Relativity, 1950)

Source
To be honest, I don't really trust that spaceandmotion.com website, so I wanted to read the source material written by Einstein for context, in the citation above (Albert Einstein, Metaphysics of Relativity, 1950). I'm having a little trouble finding that, can anybody help me find a link to that?

The closest thing I found was a pdf by that title but it wasn't written by Einstein and didn't contain that quote. I didn't find it on this list but this may not be include all his writing, just his scientific writing:

en.wikipedia.org...

Then again, if it's not a scientific writing, it may not be appropriate to attempt to use it in support of scientific claims. Einstein did write some non-scientific material, like "The World as I see it", which I had no trouble finding on Google books and other sources, but the "Metaphysics of Relativity",1950, by Einstein doesn't show up on the usual sources like Google books, Amazon, etc.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

The particle can only appear as a limited region in space in which the field strength or the energy density are particularly high. (Albert Einstein, Metaphysics of Relativity, 1950)

Source
To be honest, I don't really trust that spaceandmotion.com website, so I wanted to read the source material written by Einstein for context, in the citation above (Albert Einstein, Metaphysics of Relativity, 1950). I'm having a little trouble finding that, can anybody help me find a link to that?

Amazon doesn't seem to have it, but a separate book refers to it, again as a quote. Then again they quote the site that you mentioned, so it's a circular reference. I don't know. Would be nice to read a page or two of this work.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

The particle can only appear as a limited region in space in which the field strength or the energy density are particularly high. (Albert Einstein, 1954)
open-site.org...

1954?

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by DenyObfuscation

Funny thing is, there is a number of sites which keep quoting each other on this. I'm not saying Einstein couldn't have written this, at least I can't say that without looking at the context or better at a couple of equations. It falls into the "vague" category when taken in isolation.

I didn't manage to locate the actual work by Einstein which would contain this phrase.

edit on 28-12-2012 by buddhasystem because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

3rd pg at link. Pg 15 of the magazine

web.mit.edu...

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by DenyObfuscation
3rd pg at link. Pg 15 of the magazine

web.mit.edu...
That's the right date, author, and quote...but I still don't know where they got the cited title "Metaphysics of Relativity" from, I wonder if that's an error?

I do find it helpful to read that to put the quote in context, so thanks.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
That's the right date, author, and quote...but I still don't know where they got the cited title "Metaphysics of Relativity" from, I wonder if that's an error?

The word "metaphysics" appears here in the Scientific American article:

Time and again the passion for understanding has led to the illusion that man is able to comprehend the objective world rationally, by pure thought, without any empirical foundations—in short, by metaphysics.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Physical objects are not in space, but these objects are spatially extended (as fields). In this way the concept 'empty space' loses its meaning. ... The field thus becomes an irreducible element of physical description, irreducible in the same sense as the concept of matter (particles) in the theory of Newton. ... The physical reality of space is represented by a field whose components are continuous functions of four independent variables - the co-ordinates of space and time. Since the theory of general relativity implies the representation of physical reality by a continuous field, the concept of particles or material points cannot play a fundamental part, nor can the concept of motion. The particle can only appear as a limited region in space in which the field strength or the energy density are particularly high. (Albert Einstein, Metaphysics of Relativity, 1950)

The beginning of the quote, "Physical objects . . . the coordinates of space and time." doesn't appear to be in the Scientific American article, however.

edit on 12/29/12 by Mary Rose because: Deletion

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose
The beginning of the quote, "Physical objects . . . the coordinates of space and time." doesn't appear to be in the Scientific American article, however.

I found part of it, beginning at the bottom of column one on page 15 of the magazine article:

The physical reality of space is represented by a field whose components are continuous functions of four independent variables—the coordinates of space and time.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by DenyObfuscation
web.mit.edu...

I'm curious about the statement:

The editors of SCIENTIFIC AMERICAN have asked me to write about my recent work which has just been published. It is a mathematical investigation concerning the foundations of field physics.

Maybe this is it. It is dated 1950 and was published in the Canadian Journal of Mathematics, 2, 120 - 128: "THE BIANCHI IDENTITIES IN THE GENERALIZED THEORY OF GRAVITATION."

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I'm determined to find the rest of the quote:

Physical objects are not in space, but these objects are spatially extended (as fields). In this way the concept 'empty space' loses its meaning. ... The field thus becomes an irreducible element of physical description, irreducible in the same sense as the concept of matter (particles) in the theory of Newton. ...

From the website relativitybook.com:

" Physical objects are not in space, but these objects are spatially extended. In this way the concept “empty space” loses its meaning. "

Albert Einstein, “Relativity ...”, Notes to the Fifteenth Edition

If it's a correct quote, then "(as fields)" should have been in brackets to show editorial comment.

top topics

<< 234  235  236    238  239  240 >>

join